Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Hi everyone!

Mind blowing dilemma:

CIC is requesting my valid passport with all visa and stamp pages. I have a passport that has been valid for almost 4 years now, and another two previous old ones that expired. I know they are not asking me for old passports, but I have a valid US visa in one old passport (I don't know if that counts as a visa page that should be submitted, as the visa is valid, but the passport is not).The problem is that in this old passport there is one page where an old brazilian visa used to be, but it peeled off and fell out due to weak glue. Now there is dried up glue visible on the page and I can't find that visa for the life of me. I am afraid they could suspect I was tampering with the passport to remove something important. There are entry and exit stamps from Brazil, but on a completely different page. Plus these old passports also contain a lot of my travel history in the last 10 years, so they could actually ask me subsequently for them (I don't know if that was ever the case).

So, do I submit only the new passport or all of them and send an explanation (if my word will count for anything in this case).

Maybe I am overthinking this, I am just panicking about everything little thing since I got ITA ???

Thanks, help is much appreciated!!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
dr@gonfly said:
Hi everyone!

Mind blowing dilemma:

CIC is requesting my valid passport with all visa and stamp pages. I have a passport that has been valid for almost 4 years now, and another two previous old ones that expired. I know they are not asking me for old passports, but I have a valid US visa in one old passport (I don't know if that counts as a visa page that should be submitted, as the visa is valid, but the passport is not).The problem is that in this old passport there is one page where an old brazilian visa used to be, but it peeled off and fell out due to weak glue. Now there is dried up glue visible on the page and I can't find that visa for the life of me. I am afraid they could suspect I was tampering with the passport to remove something important. There are entry and exit stamps from Brazil, but on a completely different page. Plus these old passports also contain a lot of my travel history in the last 10 years, so they could actually ask me subsequently for them (I don't know if that was ever the case).

So, do I submit only the new passport or all of them and send an explanation (if my word will count for anything in this case).

Maybe I am overthinking this, I am just panicking about everything little thing since I got ITA ???

Thanks, help is much appreciated!!
If CIC has asked for Valid passport, then you need to only send them recent and valid Passport only.

Can you please post your time-line ?

Also, did CIC send you message your CIC account or did they send you passport request through Email ?

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
@rafzy Thank for replying! I was leaning towards that option, but I wasn't sure...

CIC didn't ask for it specifically, it's the instruction written on my eAPR, on the document checklist.
"You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
any pages with stamps, visas or markings."

Any idea if they could ask for my old passports through e-mail later, after I submit my application and if it would be an issue?

EE points: 470
EE App Submit:05/06/2016
FSW ITA:16/11/2016
EAPR Submit & AOR:
Meds Passed:
BG in Progress:
PPR Req:
COPR:

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
dr@gonfly said:
@rafzy Thank for replying! I was leaning towards that option, but I wasn't sure...

CIC didn't ask for it specifically, it's the instruction written on my eAPR, on the document checklist.
"You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
any pages with stamps, visas or markings."

Any idea if they could ask for my old passports through e-mail later, after I submit my application and if it would be an issue?

EAPR Submit & AOR:
Meds Passed:
BG in Progress:
PPR Req:
COPR:
In your case, In your e-APR, you need to provide details only of your current/valid passport.

However in the document upload section, you have to upload all your old and new passport bio-pages along with Visa(s) and Stamped Pages of each passport as well.

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
What should I do then about that missing visa in the old passport? ::) Write an explanation...? Could I be rejected for that?

EAPR Submit & AOR:
Meds Passed:
BG in Progress:
PPR Req:
COPR:

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
dr@gonfly said:
What should I do then about that missing visa in the old passport? ::) Write an explanation...? Could I be rejected for that?

EAPR Submit & AOR:
Meds Passed:
BG in Progress:
PPR Req:
COPR:
No.

You won't be rejected for that.

Just write an LOE and explain your travel dates, Port of entry and exit and you'll be good to go.

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
@rafzy

Thank you!

EAPR Submit & AOR:
Meds Passed:
BG in Progress:
PPR Req:
COPR:

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Asivad Anac said:
They can claim their entire work experience starting from 2006. The answer to that question would be 2011.
Thanks for the reply :)

Dec 14, 2016
Hello,

I am a Provincial Nominee. I lived in the US for 3 years on a visa around 16 years ago, but I overstayed my visa for a few months when I came home. I'm afraid that if I submit the US police certificate it could lead to questions to show my old passport, or enquire to the US border system and see I overstayed. Would IRCC know if I lived in the US for longer than 6 months? Could IRCC reject my application because I didnt include the US police certificate?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
568902 said:
Hello,

I am a Provincial Nominee. I lived in the US for 3 years on a visa around 16 years ago, but I overstayed my visa for a few months when I came home. I'm afraid that if I submit the US police certificate it could lead to questions to show my old passport, or enquire to the US border system and see I overstayed. Would IRCC know if I lived in the US for longer than 6 months? Could IRCC reject my application because I didnt include the US police certificate?

Thanks
Was this before you turned 18? If yes, nothing to worry as you wouldn't need a PCC for that period in time.

If no, you would be required to get an FBI report. But that shouldn't be a problem. Typically, IRCC wouldn't be unduly concerned about overstays in another country. If required, IRCC may ask you for an explanation and you will be provided with an opportunity to highlight your side of the story.

CIS

Dec 13, 2016
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen submitting ITA for self (no dependents). I am attaching my passport copies along with my application. However I would like to know whether is it necessary to also attach Birth Certificate and National Identity Cards. As per the attachments box appearing in my application, I will have to attach the birth certificate and national identity card under additional documents (probably witt letter of explanation). Just wanted to know whether it is mandatory or passport is sufficient as it captures all the basic details such as Full Name, Address, DOB and parents' name. Appreciate your asisstance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIS said:
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen submitting ITA for self (no dependents). I am attaching my passport copies along with my application. However I would like to know whether is it necessary to also attach Birth Certificate and National Identity Cards. As per the attachments box appearing in my application, I will have to attach the birth certificate and national identity card under additional documents (probably witt letter of explanation). Just wanted to know whether it is mandatory or passport is sufficient as it captures all the basic details such as Full Name, Address, DOB and parents' name. Appreciate your asisstance.
Nothing else required except the bio pages from your valid passport.

Mark.Whisly

Apr 14, 2016
Dear Asivad,

I am submitting my eAPR application next week and I want to make sure about documents needed for employment record:

Also I included the following documents:
1. Reference Letter (Completed as per CIC requirements).
2. HR Letter mentioning that my salary was cashed in hand.
3. Promotion letter.
4. Clearance exit letter.
5. Payslips for 1 year.

Is that enough? and should my payslips get stamped by HR department, given that I was paid in hand?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark.Whisly said:
Dear Asivad,

I am submitting my eAPR application next week and I want to make sure about documents needed for employment record:

Also I included the following documents:
1. Reference Letter (Completed as per CIC requirements).
2. HR Letter mentioning that my salary was cashed in hand.
3. Promotion letter.
4. Clearance exit letter.
5. Payslips for 1 year.

Is that enough? and should my payslips get stamped by HR department, given that I was paid in hand?

Thanks
No harm getting those stamped if you can.