Thank you Asivad Anac

GOCANADA92

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Hi Asivad and all,

Right now I only have 25 days to submit my eAPR.
the problem is I requested a PCC from the UAE embassy in Egypt as I am no longer a resident in UAE and submit all required papers by them. However, they didn't give me any receipt and it should be ready in maximum 30 days. Now it's 37 days and still no news and still no one is replying our queries from their side.

What ca I do if they didn't submit the PCC on time?

Tricky. If this delay is not due to lack of any actions at your end, you may choose to continue with application submission on the 59th/60th day. Add an LOE explaining the delay in receiving the PCC and requesting the officer to consider granting you an extension for the same. Highlight your efforts at communicating with UAE embassy.

Or if you have a high enough score, decline the ITA and wait for another ITA in Dec/Jan.

My profile will expire if I decline I have OINP

One more thing, all my reference letters are mentioning my title, working hours, monthly salary, work periods and so. is this enough? it doesn't mention contract or permanent job except my current one "contracted for one year"

Not a problem.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For simaf, replying here because your inbox is full.

I had sent you the link in an earlier message as well. Click here.

You can choose to have NOC 6314 as Primary but it may affect your FSW score so recheck that and confirm if you still get at least 67/100.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gappy31600 said:
Hi Asivad,

First of all abig thank you for being so supportive and helping out people.

I am asking this query for my friend who is going to make his EE profile today:

He is an engineer by profession and was supposed to complete his degree in 2006. But he had a couple of papers which he didn't clear. He completed his papers in 2011. Now WES has evaluated his degree and the year is written as 2011.

He has been working since 2006 on the basis of a Provisional Degree since the company which he joined first aloowed him to join with the pending papers.

His work ex is the following:

June 2006 - June 2013 (Company A)
June 2013 - March 2015 (Company B)
March 2015 - Current (Company C)

What work ex should he claim?

Option 1:

Claim work ex starting from Company B. But this gives less points for work ex as all of Company A's work ex is not counted.

Option 2:

Claim work ex starting from Company A but from the year 2011. This way he gets points for 2 extra years.

So what i would like to know is that from what year he should claim his experience from?

Also there is a question in EE profile where it asks when was the person eligible to work in the selected NOC. What year should this be?

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks
They can claim their entire work experience starting from 2006. The answer to that question would be 2011.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
  • Hi,

I am a computer programmer. Does these responsibilities look fine for NOC 2174 (Computer programmer part):

Write, modify, and integrate SAS, SQL and Hadoop software codes for a given requirement.

Maintain existing SAS and SQL software applications by making necessary changes as per business or system requirements.

Migrate SAS software applications from UNIX and mainframe systems to distributed LINUX system and change the code as required by the underlying target system.

Identify and fix technical coding issues in the production environment and notify the appropriate stakeholders.

Prepare application development status reports, software user guide for business users, and application operational documents for software support personnel. Also work with the business analysts and system analysts in the collection and documentation of business/user requirements.

Just wanted to get an opinion if it is in sync with NOC 2174.
Appears to be relevant.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loveabhic said:
Dear Asivad,

First of all a big thank you for all your help.

Something strange happened with my EE profile. As you must have observed that after the recent changes by IRCC, the option of two or more degrees and diplomas have been removed from the express entry profile. Now for two degrees, we need to enter their Canadian equivalency separately as per WES.

So ideally if your report shows two degrees equivalent to two Canadian degrees, you should get Corresponding points for two or more degree or diplomas. However, before this change I had selected two or more degrees and diploma and I got correct points but after the change came into effect, I am just getting the points for one degree. All this is happening for my spouse points.

Funny thing is the CIC CRS score calculator is giving credit for two degrees and diploma but the EE is not. All this making a difference of 1 point to me. I am sure others must also have been affected by this.

Can you please share your views on this? Any solution to this?

Regards,
What are the options you get when you have to select level of education? Is there a separate placeholder for 'overall level of education'?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jianxia15 said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have two questions concerning my education.

1) I did a 2.5yr master program in China. Should I input 3yr or 2yr for that?

Go with 2.

2) My ECA report states "Credential: Master of Arts" and "Major/Specialization: English Language and Literature". Should I choose "English as a Second Language" or "Arts (Humanities/Social Sciences)" for my specialization when creating a EE profile?

Go with Arts.

Thank u very much for ur kind help!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOCANADA92 said:
Hi Asivad,

If I submitted my eAPRa.

and after wife got pregnant!

is that a problem?
Not a problem.

GOCANADA92 said:
My profile will expire if I decline I have OINP
Your profile won't expire until after 1 year from the day you created it. Declining an ITA will not affect your EE profile or your OINP nomination.

GOCANADA92 said:
One more thing, all my reference letters are mentioning my title, working hours, monthly salary, work periods and so. is this enough? it doesn't mention contract or permanent job except my current one "contracted for one year"
Not a problem.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello Asivad,

My AOR is 26th May and still waiting for my PPR, its over 6 months now and my case was stuck due to Medicals which is passed last week. According to my GCMS eligibility and criminality passed as of Oct 17th, and in my app status medicals is passed. So according to my knowledge only security is left. Any predictions when I can get PPR? Plus, My PGWP is expiring on 7th Jan,2017, So if I don't get PPR before that, when should I apply for BOWP? Paper or online?

Thank you very much

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RockCan said:
Hello Asivad,

My AOR is 26th May and still waiting for my PPR, its over 6 months now and my case was stuck due to Medicals which is passed last week. According to my GCMS eligibility and criminality passed as of Oct 17th, and in my app status medicals is passed. So according to my knowledge only security is left. Any predictions when I can get PPR? Plus, My PGWP is expiring on 7th Jan,2017, So if I don't get PPR before that, when should I apply for BOWP? Paper or online?

Thank you very much
No predictions where IRCC is concerned but I imagine it shouldn't be too long now.

As for BOWP, the paper application buys you some additional time so you may consider going that route instead of applying online. Either way, apply by the 1st week of Jan (and hopefully it doesn't come to that).

All the best!

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Asivad Anac said:
What are the options you get when you have to select level of education? Is there a separate placeholder for 'overall level of education'?
No Asivad, there is not any option of showing an overall education. The other options are same as previously available

1 one year diploma
2. three or more years degree or diploma
3. Masters degree or professional degree
4. PhD

I discussed this same issue in another forum as well. A lot of people are facing similar problem. One person even contacted the technical team but the reply received was pretty strange

"Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government made changes to Express Entry, which took effect on November 19, 2016."

As far as my reading, there was no such change contemplated in the November 19 notification.

Can you please suggest a way out. Every single point counts and can make a huge difference. :-\

GOCANADA92

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys who are gathering their documents post ITA,

I noticed that I have 15 more days to submit!

is that true or it's just a bug?

I mean now total is 75 days to submit. I reached 21 then at the evening they became 36 days

CIS

Dec 13, 2016
Hi Asivad,

Trust you are well. When I submitted my EOI, I had mentioned that I would be using a representative for my application. Now that I have received ITA, I have decided to complete and submit my application by myself instead of using the representative mentioned in EOI. In my ITA application I am getting an option to select no for use of representative, however the moment I select representative option, the data populates with the representative details mentioned in EOI. My question is if I select no option under representative, then do I need to fill the use of representative form or I can just mention in the explanation letter that first I thought of using a representative and now I want complete the application myself. The only reason I am asking this is that if I select No then it shouldn't be that I am contradicting with what I had mentioned in EOI. Appreciate your assistance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CIS said:
Hi Asivad,

Trust you are well. When I submitted my EOI, I had mentioned that I would be using a representative for my application. Now that I have received ITA, I have decided to complete and submit my application by myself instead of using the representative mentioned in EOI. In my ITA application I am getting an option to select no for use of representative, however the moment I select representative option, the data populates with the representative details mentioned in EOI. My question is if I select no option under representative, then do I need to fill the use of representative form or I can just mention in the explanation letter that first I thought of using a representative and now I want complete the application myself. The only reason I am asking this is that if I select No then it shouldn't be that I am contradicting with what I had mentioned in EOI. Appreciate your assistance.
I believe you can simply remove the details of your representative and explain this in a LOE.