Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:
Hello Seniors

I've just received PPR email, but my status expires in August 1st. The earliest I can land is probably August 15th. Do I need to apply for WP or can I land without a valid current status?
Any thoughts?

Jongwe123

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Johannesburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 April 2015
Doc's Request.
17 December 2015 ; RPRF REQUEST&PAID-13.01.16
Nomination.....
27 November 2015
AOR Received.
15 December 2015
Med's Done....
19 November 2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
20 JULY 2016(IN-22.07.16)
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
14 October 2016--THANK GOD,WAITING FOR PR CARD
Hello Asivad,

Firstly a BIG THANK YOU for all your help, after 7 months and 4 days I got the golden email 3 days ago. I really thank you for all your guidance and other members on this forum. You really made it possible.

Just two questions though:

1. I intend to fly to Canada either mid September /October in order to go fulfil the landing procedures. My Visa is up to end of November 2016. However, I am thinking of going alone, leaving my family behind as we cannot go together all at once. I am aware that the Principal Applicant can land alone, but If they ask me about the rest of my family(which was meant to be accompanying), what would be the best answer to give, that will not create an issue for me as I land?

2. The other issue is that I have no relative in Canada, except one friend who is in Alberta, yet I am heading to Regina, Saskatchewan. My intention is that I will land and be in Canada for just a week, sorting out a few things like SIN numbers etc, then fly back to my country soon after a week. So as I land I want to give an address where my PR card can then be couriered to in my absence, yet I do not have a relative. I am thinking of using the address of my friend Alberta, who can then courier it safely to my country once he gets it; but then am worried can this not create a problem since I am heading to Saskatchewan province? My other mind says,I should give them the address of the hotel where I am going to stay(Attention: The Manager, say) for that week in Saskatchewan so they can courier it there, then I can keep in touch with that hotel so they can then courier it to me once they receive it, but then I feel its a bit risky for such a very important thing? What would be your best advice for this Asivad ? I really need help here.

Other seniors/ anyone who might have had a similar experience, your advice is very much welcome though I directed this to our beloved Asivad.

Thanks Asivad.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I have another query with regards to WES Evaluation or ECA related to Canadian immigration. I passed my first two years of BSC. IT (Bachelors of Science in Information Technology) full-time from Valia College, Mumbai University. After that, I completed my BSC. IT from Periyar University by undergoing all three years of BSC IT directly in one sitting through distance learning. My query is whether I should include the attested transcripts of 2 years from Valia College, Mumbai along with the transcripts from Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu to send to WES for evaluation. I have heard that unless the college is autonomous, one need not send transcripts from college to WES, but only university attested transcripts are allowed. But, on the basis of me completing two years of BSC IT from Valia college, I was allowed to give all three years of BSC IT from Periyar University in one sitting. Valia college is giving me the attested transcripts, but should I also get attestation from Mumbai university for the Valia college transcripts in case I need to send transcripts from Valia college? By the way, my final BSC IT degree certificate was awarded by Periyar University, which is a recognized university.

Also, on the WES application form, there is a section to be filled by me, which is dates attended of the mentioned degree. So, I'm wondering if I should include the dates attended for Periyar University i.e. 2011-2012 or the dates attended from Valia college until I completed my BSC IT from Periyar University i.e. 2006 - 2012. I started my BSC IT in Valia college from 2006 but passed my first year in 2008 and second year in 2010. After that, I switched to Periyar university and completed all three years of BSC IT in one sitting. I request the experts to please answer my query at your earliest convenience.

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
HI..

I have AOR as 01 April..In between the process, I got married. I have sent the email to add my spouse...It's been 1.5 months..I didn't hear anything..No response from CIC yet..about sending the Additional docs for Spouse..Please Asivad..and Guys..guide me how should I check with CIC..and what should be my action plans on it..
Awaiting eagerly for your response..

Thanks and Regards,
Simple

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my GCMS Note today dated Jul 6th.

A little bit worry.

I have 2 year foreign work experience from two diffident companies, however 1 or 2 years foreign experience would make any diffidence, since the CRS point system awards the same point for 1-2 year foreign experience.

The note covers the verification call from Hong kong visa office, notes as below:

2016/06/22 Text: *******************************Exempt from ATIP Release as per Act 16.1****************************PA''s employment with Company A as technical manager from July 2009 to Aug 2010 confirmed genuine.

2016/06/02 Text: *********************************Exempt from ATIP Release as per Act 16.1**********************************Suspect fraud for PA's employment with Company B.

Company B is already closed, I asked the old manager to sign the letter, but the old company phone number did not work.

In this case, with only 1 year foreign experience, my CRS point remain the same.

So, do I need to worry and do something?

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simplesim said:
HI..

I have AOR as 01 April..In between the process, I got married. I have sent the email to add my spouse...It's been 1.5 months..I didn't hear anything..No response from CIC yet..about sending the Additional docs for Spouse..Please Asivad..and Guys..guide me how should I check with CIC..and what should be my action plans on it..
Awaiting eagerly for your response..

Thanks and Regards,
Simple
Did you send the email directly to VO or via a CSE? I suggest that you call CIC and confirm that LVO has received your email and ask for further instructions.

rimmigrate

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2016
What does BG in progress update signifies in FSW Outland application (no PNP either)?
My AoR is 18 March
BG In progress 23 July
Thanks Smiley

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
linandzou said:
Got my GCMS Note today dated Jul 6th.

A little bit worry.

I have 2 year foreign work experience from two diffident companies, however 1 or 2 years foreign experience would make any diffidence, since the CRS point system awards the same point for 1-2 year foreign experience.

The note covers the verification call from Hong kong visa office, notes as below:

2016/06/22 Text: *******************************Exempt from ATIP Release as per Act 16.1****************************PA''s employment with Company A as technical manager from July 2009 to Aug 2010 confirmed genuine.

2016/06/02 Text: *********************************Exempt from ATIP Release as per Act 16.1**********************************Suspect fraud for PA's employment with Company B.

Company B is already closed, I asked the old manager to sign the letter, but the old company phone number did not work.

In this case, with only 1 year foreign experience, my CRS point remain the same.

So, do I need to worry and do something?
I don't mean to scare you, but if they proceed with the misrepresentation charges, it won't matter if your CRS changes or not. Misrepresentation can jeopardize your application and admission to Canada.

However, on the bright side, companies closing is not unusual, and if your work experience letter (and other documents from company B) are genuine, you don't need to worry. I suggest that you consult with a lawyer if CIC contacts you about the misrep issue. Until then, i don't think you need to do anything proactively.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rimmigrate said:
What does BG in progress update signifies in FSW Outland application (no PNP either)?
My AoR is 18 March
BG In progress 23 July
Thanks Smiley
Sometimes that means a PPR is around the corner. Don't get your hopes too high though, there's been more than a few exceptions.

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
jickson said:
Did you send the email directly to VO or via a CSE? I suggest that you call CIC and confirm that LVO has received your email and ask for further instructions.
Hi Thanks for your reply..I have called the CIC..they gave me checklist but the Medical for spouse is not in the checklist.Kindly let me know if there is any other way to communicate and get the list for docs to be mailed and where to be mailed..
Seniors please throw light..Anyone here gone through the same?? Please respond

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simplesim said:
Hi Thanks for your reply..I have called the CIC..they gave me checklist but the Medical for spouse is not in the checklist.Kindly let me know if there is any other way to communicate and get the list for docs to be mailed and where to be mailed..
Seniors please throw light..Anyone here gone through the same?? Please respond
That's weird because your spouse definitely needs to do medicals (unless already PR or Canadian). From what I've seen on this forum, after you add a new family member, your myCIC account updates (after like a month) and a relevant place shows up in your account that you can upload the new documents. I haven't seen checklist over the phones.

linandzou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:
I don't mean to scare you, but if they proceed with the misrepresentation charges, it won't matter if your CRS changes or not. Misrepresentation can jeopardize your application and admission to Canada.

However, on the bright side, companies closing is not unusual, and if your work experience letter (and other documents from company B) are genuine, you don't need to worry. I suggest that you consult with a lawyer if CIC contacts you about the misrep issue. Until then, i don't think you need to do anything proactively.
But they might reject it directly without contacting me though.