+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charlink123 said:
Hello, Asivad. Can I have a question regarding on the EE profile CRS points. I added a foreign working experience in the profile about one week ago. But until this day, it seems in the "CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience" section of the CRS points chart, I still get "0" points. I am not sure what was going on or if I have messed up anything in the profile questionnaire? (Note: (1)I already changed "first became qualified to practice in this occupation" and include the foreign work experience. (2) And I withdrew my profile about one week ago, because didn't know I can still update my experience after submitting it. Does it have anything to do to affect the EE profile?)
Create a fresh EE profile from scratch. Ensure that the foreign work experience is NOC 0/A/B and within the last 10 years.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hi Asivad,
does someone who had spent his 2 months summer vacation (4 times which is overall 8 months) in a same country after his age of 18 need the PCC of that country?
Thanks for your reply.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Hi Asivad.

The date on the police certificate should be a post ITA date?

My wife got her Indian PCC from passport seva kendra on March 1. We got the ITA on March 9th. She is currently living in India. Will this create any problem?

On the CIC website, it's mentioned that your PCC should not be more than 6 months old from the country in which you are currently residing. I hope this applies to spouses too.

Your insight on this is appreciated. Others are welcome to answer and help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nov1061 said:
Hi Asivad,
does someone who had spent his 2 months summer vacation (4 times which is overall 8 months) in a same country after his age of 18 need the PCC of that country?
Thanks for your reply.
Yes. IRCC amended PCC requirements so you'll be required to get a PCC for any country where you've lived for more than 6 months, not necessarily in a row, since turning 18.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
Hi Asivad.

The date on the police certificate should be a post ITA date?

My wife got her Indian PCC from passport seva kendra on March 1. We got the ITA on March 9th. She is currently living in India. Will this create any problem?

On the CIC website, it's mentioned that your PCC should not be more than 6 months old from the country in which you are currently residing. I hope this applies to spouses too.

Your insight on this is appreciated. Others are welcome to answer and help.
Not necessarily post ITA date. This PCC would work.

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

Today I received an email from CIC saying that updates to your profile, I went to My CIC and observed that my points went UP from 449 to 456. Actually, My Start Work Date in Canada is 27th May 2011 and filled in profile as May, 2011 and current job because there is NO option for us to select the date. Based on my knowledge, it suppose to update my points on 26th May, 2016 (going to complete 5 years i.e 7 points).

Please help me to understand the Canada work experience points calculation if my understanding is wrong. Is it going to be a problem if I get ITA before May 2016?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya9545 said:
Hi Asivad,

Today I received an email from CIC saying that updates to your profile, I went to My CIC and observed that my points went UP from 449 to 456. Actually, My Start Work Date in Canada is 27th May 2011 and filled in profile as May, 2011 and current job because there is NO option for us to select the date. Based on my knowledge, it suppose to update my points on 26th May, 2016 (going to complete 5 years i.e 7 points).

Please help me to understand the Canada work experience points calculation if my understanding is wrong. Is it going to be a problem if I get ITA before May 2016?
The system allots points in advance. It is up to you as an applicant to wait it out and submit post ITA application (if you receive an ITA now) until after you 'deserve' those points which will be after 26th May 2016.

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for reply.

If I receive an ITA in next draw then I need to submit my application on or after 27th May 2016. Is it going to be a problem if I submit before 26th May? For me time is very important because my work permit is going to expire on 27th May 2016 and I can apply for bridge open work permit if I submit end of April.

Please provide your valuable input.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have a question about city of Birth while creating EE profile. I know its asked too many times, but wanted to confirm. In the passport, the place of birth mentioned "USSR", but its different in birth certificate. However, in the EE application section it says "City of birth". I entered the place name as mentioned in passport. Is it ok or i filled it worng?

Thank You.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya9545 said:
Thank you very much for reply.

If I receive an ITA in next draw then I need to submit my application on or after 27th May 2016. Is it going to be a problem if I submit before 26th May? For me time is very important because my work permit is going to expire on 27th May 2016 and I can apply for bridge open work permit if I submit end of April.

Please provide your valuable input.
Preferably midway through the week of 20th-27th May so that you could at least claim 51+ weeks for this year. That's the best you can do here. Add an LoE explaining that you waited that long to qualify for the additional points. You can file the BOWP application immediately afterwards.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
Have a question about city of Birth while creating EE profile. I know its asked too many times, but wanted to confirm. In the passport, the place of birth mentioned "USSR", but its different in birth certificate. However, in the EE application section it says "City of birth". I entered the place name as mentioned in passport. Is it ok or i filled it worng?

Thank You.
Perfectly fine.

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Preferably midway through the week of 20th-27th May so that you could at least claim 51+ weeks for this year. That's the best you can do here. Add an LoE explaining that you waited that long to qualify for the additional points. You can file the BOWP application immediately afterwards.
Thank you sir.

Jawad Talib

Sep 30, 2015
My wife has completed a blended learning Ph.D from Staffordshire University UK. She only required to visit Uk twice a year for maximum a month per visit. As per CIC's PCC requirement, you need to get PCC only if you have spend 180 days continuously in a country. That was the reason, we didn't get PCC from UK. But I have read in a post that CIC has rejected an application, where a candidate didn't attach PCC from a country, from where he completed his master degree by distance learning/online degree?Huh

Need you advise on it Asivad?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jawad Talib said:
My wife has completed a blended learning Ph.D from Staffordshire University UK. She only required to visit Uk twice a year for maximum a month per visit. As per CIC's PCC requirement, you need to get PCC only if you have spend 180 days continuously in a country. That was the reason, we didn't get PCC from UK. But I have read in a post that CIC has rejected an application, where a candidate didn't attach PCC from a country, from where he completed his master degree by distance learning/online degree?Huh

Need you advise on it Asivad?
1. They've revised the requirements. It is no longer 'continuous'. You'll need a PCC if you've spent 6 months or more in a country (over a single visit or multiple visits) since turning 18.

2. IIRC, that refusal happened because the applicant provided incorrect information. Country of education should've been their place of residence and they provided UK instead hence were refused because the officer was expecting to see a UK PCC as well.