+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW application refused after LMIA was approved

Jun 16, 2020
I am applying through the TFW program under the Global Talent Stream.

I have a valid job offer for which I got an LMIA approved, but due to COVID-19 outbreak, I was never able to collect biometrics (Visa Application Centres closed 1 day before my appointment), thus, preventing me from completing my application.

I was told I would have an extension for the biometrics collection, from the initial 30 days to 90 days, and then to an indetermined period, so all I could do is wait for the outbreak to pass.

Today, 3 months later (all of that was on March 10ish), I received a new message on my application stating that my application was refused for the following reason:

"I am not satisfied that the offer of employment is genuine."

I even got the LMIA approved. What is the deal? Why the reviewer of my application thought that?

What should I do?

I was so sure everything was going to continue normally I already converted my currency to Canadian Dollars.

Like, what??? I am out of words.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am applying through the TFW program under the Global Talent Stream.

I have a valid job offer for which I got an LMIA approved, but due to COVID-19 outbreak, I was never able to collect biometrics (Visa Application Centres closed 1 day before my appointment), thus, preventing me from completing my application.

I was told I would have an extension for the biometrics collection, from the initial 30 days to 90 days, and then to an indetermined period, so all I could do is wait for the outbreak to pass.

Today, 3 months later (all of that was on March 10ish), I received a new message on my application stating that my application was refused for the following reason:

"I am not satisfied that the offer of employment is genuine."

I even got the LMIA approved. What is the deal? Why the reviewer of my application thought that?

What should I do?

I was so sure everything was going to continue normally I already converted my currency to Canadian Dollars.

Like, what??? I am out of words.
It's hard to say without knowing your full profile. Sometimes this can be due to a perceived mismatch between your education / work experience and your job offer in Canada. What's the job? Is this a job where you have previous expertise? What is your educational background?

Jun 16, 2020
It's hard to say without knowing your full profile. Sometimes this can be due to a perceived mismatch between your education / work experience and your job offer in Canada. What's the job? Is this a job where you have previous expertise? What is your educational background?
Hi, thanks for replying.

The job offer is for a software development position, something I've been working with in my home country for the last 6 years at least.

I have a bachelor's degree at the field, and have completed the ECA assessment through WES.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, thanks for replying.

The job offer is for a software development position, something I've been working with in my home country for the last 6 years at least.

I have a bachelor's degree at the field, and have completed the ECA assessment through WES.
I would order your GCMS notes in that case.

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Hi, thanks for replying.

Do you have Master Degree in the field? or PhD ?

Because the requirements are from the IRCC as the following:
  • at least $38.46 per hour ($80,000 annual base salary), or equivalent to the prevailing wage for the occupation if it is higher. Note that employers must offer the equivalent of both the hourly wage rate and annual base salary at minimum, and
  • advanced knowledge of the industry, and
  • advanced degree in an area of specialization of interest to the employer, and/or
  • minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of specialized experience"

Last edited: