+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test LPP completed, Background still under process

ramansingh44

Jul 20, 2024
Hi there,

<Canadian Citizenship Application>

I have a weird case, Applied in March 2024, Montreal office. Test Completed and LPP completed last week. My background is still under process. Is it normal to have Prohibition completed but not the Background. When can I expect the Oath ceremony email. I am a single applicant, I wonder why background is still in process even after LPP is completed.

Has anyone faced same thing?

Thank you in advance!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi there,

I have a weird case, Applied in March 2024, Montreal office. Test Completed and LPP completed last week. My background is still under process. Is it normal to have Prohibition completed but not the Background. When can I expect the Oath ceremony email. I am a single applicant, I wonder why background is still in process even after LPP is completed.

Thank you in advance!
Call and check with IRCC if your Background is still in progress. Sometimes the tracker goes out of sync with the actual status.

ramansingh44

Jul 20, 2024
Call and check with IRCC if your Background is still in progress. Sometimes the tracker goes out of sync with the actual status.
I called them this Friday but I guess their told me that Background is still in process and they can not see any additional info requested. Agent suggested me to wait, I guess i will wait for 2 weeks and then give them a call

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
Hi there,

Thank you in advance!
i have seen on this tracker, there has been instances where this has happened and or language or physical presence has been completed before background and/or prohibitions. or everything completed except physical presence or language. imo there is no distinct order in which each step is completed. someone even had all the step completed and just had to do their test last.

ramansingh44

Jul 20, 2024
i have seen on this tracker, there has been instances where this has happened and or language or physical presence has been completed before background and/or prohibitions. or everything completed except physical presence or language. imo there is no distinct order in which each step is completed. someone even had all the step completed and just had to do their test last.
Thank you for your reply, Let’s hope that its just a tracker error. Hopefully i will receive some update soon!!