+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Residence Visa

aintia

Aug 5, 2019
Hi can anyone help me between TRV and visitor status.
The situation is like this:
My mother’s TRV or the counterfoil document stamp on her passport will expire on October 5, 2020. She entered Canada, August 2017 and had her vacation to her home country last March 2019. She came back to Canada April 2019, the Canadian Border Services Agency put a stamp on her passport April 5, 2021.
My question is, can she extend her stay in Canada before the end of April 5 2021 which the CBSA stamped to her passport or she has to leave before the expiry date of her TRV which is October 5, 2020?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to clarify do you mean she is in Canada on a super visa as seems confusing she has been given 2 years on a standard TRV max stay generally 6 months at a time.

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
I’m not getting any replies from anyone which is why I had to repost it. Please if anyone know the answer to this, kindly don’t delete my post do lemme know the answer to the below mentioned questions.
I’m applying for my parents super visa for the second time because the first time it got rejected.
Where do I mention the biometric number for them which they had when we applied for the first time ( the biometric is valid for ten years)
Another question that I have is, do I need to mention the UCI number of their previous application on the new application?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Hi can anyone help me between TRV and visitor status.
The situation is like this:
My mother’s TRV or the counterfoil document stamp on her passport will expire on October 5, 2020. She entered Canada, August 2017 and had her vacation to her home country last March 2019. She came back to Canada April 2019, the Canadian Border Services Agency put a stamp on her passport April 5, 2021.
My question is, can she extend her stay in Canada before the end of April 5 2021 which the CBSA stamped to her passport or she has to leave before the expiry date of her TRV which is October 5, 2020?
Here is what I think, after reading through CIC portal and various responses on this forum -

My question is, can she extend her stay in Canada before the end of April 5 2021 which the CBSA stamped to her passport
Yes, apply for visitor stay extension and get the visitor record

or she has to leave before the expiry date of her TRV which is October 5, 2020
No, that's the validity for the entry into Canada, nothing to do with the stay in Canada

Last edited:

aintia

Aug 5, 2019
Thank You!
The information is so helpful
Another issue...
My mother’s Philippines passport will expire on October 2020. Can the Canada immigration grant my mother’s extension of stay until or before the expiry date (April 5,2021) stamped by CBSA even though her passport will about to expire.