+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary residence to visit canada~~~ need help :(

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Hi, I haven sent my application for multiple entries to New York office a month ago ( i have got 2 single entries visa before). At the time i working on the application, the website directed me to send it to New York, but now i just logged on the website and saw this annoucement

Visa and immigration services in the North American processing network have recently changed.
As of June 18, 2012, the visa office in New York will no longer accept Temporary Resident Permit, Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada applications submitted in person; the application will be returned to the applicant. Applications sent by mail, postmarked after June 18, 2012, and received at the visa office in New York will be returned to the applicant.
*Our office does not offer walk-in service for the issuance of permanent resident visas. In order to have your permanent resident visa issued, please follow the instructions that have been previously sent to you.

I tried to called the office but they don't get phone call, and i have no idea if i get it back or not since it is already a month. Im really lost and worried now since my visa is in the mail package. Please help me~~~

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

minime said:
Hi, I haven sent my application for multiple entries to New York office a month ago ( i have got 2 single entries visa before). At the time i working on the application, the website directed me to send it to New York, but now i just logged on the website and saw this annoucement

Visa and immigration services in the North American processing network have recently changed.
As of June 18, 2012, the visa office in New York will no longer accept Temporary Resident Permit, Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada applications submitted in person; the application will be returned to the applicant. Applications sent by mail, postmarked after June 18, 2012, and received at the visa office in New York will be returned to the applicant.
*Our office does not offer walk-in service for the issuance of permanent resident visas. In order to have your permanent resident visa issued, please follow the instructions that have been previously sent to you.

I tried to called the office but they don't get phone call, and i have no idea if i get it back or not since it is already a month. Im really lost and worried now since my visa is in the mail package. Please help me~~~
New York still processes TRVs re-read the sentence you quoted, it says Temporary Residents PERMITs, you are applying for a Temporary Resident VISA

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Thanks. But it takes like a month already, i sent it in October and still not get it yet. Is it getting lost or something? Does it ever takes that long to process?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

minime said:
Thanks. But it takes like a month already, i sent it in October and still not get it yet. Is it getting lost or something? Does it ever takes that long to process?
The posted processing time is 14 days, the office was closed for a week for Sandy, if you are from a listed country, then it is an additional 10 days.

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Thanks a lot for your information. So, 14 days processing plus 10 days delay is 24 days, mine is already 30 days, so is it get lost or something?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
minime said:
Please help me~~~ im really worried about my visa application :( Thanks a lot!!!
It seems a bit premature to be worrying. You said it has been a month. With 14 days (normal processing time) + 7 days (closure due to the hurricane) + 10 days (because you are from a listed country) that is 31 days - or one month. Add 7 days for mailing time back and forth and 38 days would be the most reasonable.

At this point, however, if you are truly concerned, you could submit an inquiry to the visa office because it has been beyond normal processing time.

NLY39739

Sep 24, 2012
new york processing office is notorious for being super busy. if you look at other posts in this forum, there were many people who got their visa back (or denied) with much longer time needed compared to yours.. not trying to disheartened you but that's the fact. i say you should wait a bit longer and be patient. if you really can't wait any longer because you need your passport back etc. then go there in person and request for urgent process and explain your case

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Hi, it has been 38 days since they got my document, i applied for Thanks-giving break but i couldn't get it on time for Thanks-giving, now i aimed to go for Christmas but i still haven't heard anything from them yet, and i'm worrying about my document (passport + bank statement+ I20), and i dont know if i can get it on time for Christmas. Anyone can help me to let me know like maximum how long does it takes?

giri0705

Nov 26, 2012
Hi minime,

Please let us know if you get any update from them.
I mailed my application on 10/27 & it reached to them on 11/01, it looks i have to wait for some more time...
I am planing to travel Toronto on 16/12 not sure if i will get my passport before that... :(

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
minime,
my fiance did the exact same thing. applied end of Octover, and still has not heard back. he originally applied for Thanksgiving but has not heard anything. Please let us know if you got the visa or not. I will post again if he does/does not.

minime

Nov 16, 2012
I will update when i got the visa~ u guys please keep me posted also. Im so worried about my document getting lost or something like that~ Im planning for the whole Christmas and it would be suck if i cannot get it before xmas :(

I have no idea how it got that late, since last time i sent to NY office and it only took 18 days to get back to me~ now it has been 41 days and i keep checking my mail box crazily everyday~

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
Hey Minime,
We are going through the same, and yes we will definitely let you know when it comes in and what is the verdict, we keep checking too... it's so frustrating that they do not keep you posted or have a way to know if it's in the mail. It really is ridiculous, seeing as it is such important documents.
Take care and good luck!

giri0705

Nov 26, 2012
minime said:
I will update when i got the visa~ u guys please keep me posted also. Im so worried about my document getting lost or something like that~ Im planning for the whole Christmas and it would be suck if i cannot get it before xmas :(

I have no idea how it got that late, since last time i sent to NY office and it only took 18 days to get back to me~ now it has been 41 days and i keep checking my mail box crazily everyday~

Hey minime,

Any updates ? i am planing to go & visit in new york office somewhere in next week.

yuexin

Dec 4, 2012
Hi minime

I have the same situation as you. They received my application on Oct 15th and I've not gotten any reply yet. I'm really worried about my passport because i have to stay in my home the whole winter break if they wouldnt sent my passport until next week. Plz let us know if you receive your passport and good luck.

顺便问一下,这里有没有拿f1签证的中国学生,可以私下交流一下,给我发邮件nyx3756student@sina.com,快两个月了,急死我了~~