+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

syria immigration advice

kevork

Jun 4, 2014
Hello

i'm syrian born in beirut 30 old my education also completed in beirut too
my life was spent between lebanon and syria after the final conflict in syria i'm obligate to stay in lebanon as we know lebanon also is not stable country plus their is also difficulty to work and social conflicts between syrian and lebanese so i decided to go another country where we have more stable situation ....
recently (2013) i registered me and my family in unhcr beirut to benefit from resettlement program
but it seems because the number of syrian refugees is too big and because there is much more vulnerable people and because the number of acceptance for resettlement is too small my unhcr refugee paper have had no sense

my question
what i do
registering for immigration to canada , australia , sweden , usa ... which it take 3-4 years i don't know ?
wait another future time for unhcr, maybe it is not as easy as i expected ,when iraq conflict happened all refugees registered in unhcr and they chosen which country they want to go ?

which method is best for me

any advice i appreciate Thanks

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
I don't know much about asylum seeker (refugee) migration. But I could suggest you to click on every tab that u get. In case of skilled migration, u need to have occupation listed in correspondence country. I am afraid what is ur occupation and how many years of experience do u have? Besides ur suitable occupation u need good IELTS scoring to fetch required points and finally apply for skilled migration in either Canada, Australia, or New Zealand.

lebyvr

Nov 3, 2014
UNHCR registration in Lebanon is useless unless u follow up.
As u mentioned , the number of Syrians in Lebanon now is around 2 millions and u can tell by looking at the line ups are the UNHCR center in Spinys area Beirut.
If you are not in danger, you won't get resetelled
same as applying for a refugee in Canada for example. U can't apply to stay in Canada as a refugee because u are not happy in ur country or because u are not working or living a tough life.
You only get a refugee status when U R IN REAL DANGER.
so if you go back to the UNHCR and tell them that Ur personal life is in danger with proofs, they will ask you to fill out a blue paper and meet with a lawyer. Then if you contact big organizations to support you, you will be referred to the resettlement program. and ur file will be sent to the embassies. they ask for proofs and the interviews are intense and might take a full day sometimes. if u lied about anything , they will know.
that's the only route.
good luck