+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrender Certificate

Apr 15, 2024
Hi there, I've a question about surrender certificate after Oath ceremony. I'm planning on travelling to Europe in July (I'll get my Canadian Passport before end of June), can i travel while my surrender application is in process? I know we need surrender certificate to travel to India or to get OCI or eVisa. Not sure how it works for other countries on Canadian passport.

Please help so that I can book my travel without worrying about surrender cert.

Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi there, I've a question about surrender certificate after Oath ceremony. I'm planning on travelling to Europe in July (I'll get my Canadian Passport before end of June), can i travel while my surrender application is in process? I know we need surrender certificate to travel to India or to get OCI or eVisa. Not sure how it works for other countries on Canadian passport.

Please help so that I can book my travel without worrying about surrender cert.

Thanks!
There is no dependency of SC on your travel to other countries with Canadian passport.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, looking to apply for my surrender cert through postal as I live and work quite far from BLS and it this point, more convenient for me since I don't need to take days off for appointments. What are the possibilities for rejection/asking us to redo? Because I was told they do that for no reason and I know it will be a hassle to reapply, especially on postal. Can someone who has sent through postal provide their experience? Just trying to weigh the pros and cons. TIA!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-surrender.771938/

Check this thread to know more about SC