+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa Extension help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna and Canuck,
Regarding super visa extension, i came across this below link which clearly explains, that individual can stay for 2 years and there is no need for renewal. can you please check and validate this ?
Thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&_ga=2.242831362.1611539591.1532020896-1095779448.1532020896
Only on the initial visit on a super visa entry + if the immigration officer puts a handwritten date of two years in their passports. Otherwise the stay is for 6 months

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Thanks Bryanna and Canuck,

I am trying to call CIC to get a confirmation but their line is too busy.

Do you have any reference from CIC website which explains this in detail ? i couldnt find any detail on CIC website.

have you guys been through this situation personally or any experience you can share ? that would be super helpful.

thanks again.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Thanks Bryanna, i will try and get hold of local visa office for further clarification.

However, when I clicked on "updated instructions" link at the bottom of the page, it states that super visa holders have 2 years entry, if no date is mentioned on entry stamp. "updated instructions" link is last updated in Jun 2018, so i am assuming that would be their latest position on this matter.

but, yeah i will try to reach visa office as well.

Thanks

Reactions: dadbangalore

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Thanks Bryanna, i will try and get hold of local visa office for further clarification.

However, when I clicked on "updated instructions" link at the bottom of the page, it states that super visa holders have 2 years entry, if no date is mentioned on entry stamp. "updated instructions" link is last updated in Jun 2018, so i am assuming that would be their latest position on this matter.

but, yeah i will try to reach visa office as well.

Thanks
hello friend,

just checking in, if you happened to reach VO ?

Sanj07

Feb 21, 2018
hi all
I need help for super visa extension for my mother.. she is on super visa.. her time period of 6 months going to expire in july.. she is here from last 5 months ..now we want extend her stay.. i check online everything got most of the information.. there is Finencial paper upload tab.. what i can upload there... she have no her own income i am supporting her for financial... it means i can upload my bank statement there ?

And after submitting everything online electronically.. what is the next step and what we are going to receive for extension? They will stamp on passport again ? Or they will send any extension paper by mail ? Because they want only passport copy and picture ?

Please help me .. and give me all detail if whoevers go through this process

Thanks

Hey could you tell me how to apply for one online I need to do it for my parents.

kajalghosh

Jun 2, 2020
Hope you are staying well. I found this forum is very helpful on Super Visa issues. I would appreciate if you could help me to find an answer of my situation.
My mom is in Canada on super visa for the last 8 months and her visa expires on August 30, 2020. She was granted one year super visa since her passport expires on the same date (i.e. August 30, 2020). I have already got her passport renewed (note that she has received a brand new passport as they don't do an extension to the old passport anymore). Now my questions are -
1. How would I apply for her super visa extension?
2. Do I need to apply from the scratch as this is a brand new passport?
3. What is the website link that I would get all the extension information and application link? (note that I haven't found much information/application link for renewal other that fresh application)
4. I have called IRCC call centre a few times, but nobody picks it up. Do you know any local visa office contact that I would get the same information from? (I live in Toronto)
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sep 26, 2020
Hope you are staying well. I found this forum is very helpful on Super Visa issues. I would appreciate if you could help me to find an answer of my situation.
My mom is in Canada on super visa for the last 8 months and her visa expires on August 30, 2020. She was granted one year super visa since her passport expires on the same date (i.e. August 30, 2020). I have already got her passport renewed (note that she has received a brand new passport as they don't do an extension to the old passport anymore). Now my questions are -
1. How would I apply for her super visa extension?
2. Do I need to apply from the scratch as this is a brand new passport?
3. What is the website link that I would get all the extension information and application link? (note that I haven't found much information/application link for renewal other that fresh application)
4. I have called IRCC call centre a few times, but nobody picks it up. Do you know any local visa office contact that I would get the same information from? (I live in Toronto)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi Kajalghosh- I am in the same situation for my mother, who was only granted super visa till the expiry of her passport. Were you able to extend you mom’s stay?
If you can also help me on how to get a new passport while in canada, that will be of great help.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
good afternoon everyone. I've attempted to post my question at a few places on this forum but have not heard back from anyone unfortunately. My question is regarding a supervisa extension.

My questions is simple. Will IRCC always request medicals when processing extension of stay on supervisa. My parents arrived in August 2019 and i will have to extend their stay next year as they were granted 2 year entry. The supervisa itself is valid for 4 years. I was under the impression that upon extension time medicals were not required.

emolotrav

Jan 27, 2015
Hi,
Even if the visa is expired, as long as she stayed for 2 yrs from her arrival she's ok, as long as there's no stamp from the cbsa.