sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We submitted supervisa application for my parent.

Next day, biometrics were done i.e. fingerprints were recorded. An email was received saying applicaiton has updated after biometrics were recorded.

It's been a week and we still see MyCIC saying "Fingerprints are needed for application to progress". We are clueless what this means. CIC is not taking calls, so we are not sure how to proceed.

For more than a day, the status of application is "Your action is required". We are very confused what is happening. Can someone please share their experience or provide some guidance. Thank you.

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
We submitted supervisa application for my parent.

Next day, biometrics were done i.e. fingerprints were recorded. An email was received saying applicaiton has updated after biometrics were recorded.

It's been a week and we still see MyCIC saying "Fingerprints are needed for application to progress". We are clueless what this means. CIC is not taking calls, so we are not sure how to proceed.

For more than a day, the status of application is "Your action is required". We are very confused what is happening. Can someone please share their experience or provide some guidance. Thank you.
Did it appear? and when? I have been waiting for 25 days already, and still says action required. Is there any chance that the USCIS did not send them yet? That's impossible!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did it appear? and when? I have been waiting for 25 days already, and still says action required. Is there any chance that the USCIS did not send them yet? That's impossible!
You could email the visa office to reconfirm whether or not your biometrics have been received

Reactions: mirahe94

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
You could email the visa office to reconfirm whether or not your biometrics have been received
Thanks Bryanna for your reply. I did not apply through a visa office but through the USCIS as I am currently in the US. I called them this morning and they said that all questions should be addressed to the Canadian authorities ....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna for your reply. I did not apply through a visa office but through the USCIS as I am currently in the US. I called them this morning and they said that all questions should be addressed to the Canadian authorities ....
BTW USCIS will not accept your biometrics for a Canada TRV. I think you meant to say CSC.

You cannot apply directly to a visa office for your TRV. Your biometrics must be provided to CSC.

However, you must contact the NY/LA visa office to confirm whether or not the biometrics provided to CSC have been received by the visa office or if you need to give it again

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
BTW USCIS will not accept your biometrics for a Canada TRV. I think you meant to say CSC.

You cannot apply directly to a visa office for your TRV. Your biometrics must be provided to CSC.

However, you must contact the NY/LA visa office to confirm whether or not the biometrics provided to CSC have been received by the visa office or if you need to give it again
I am confused a bit now: The letter says: "If you are in the United States - take the letter to a USCIS Application Support Centre (ASC) and not a visa application center", which I did, and they collected my biometrics over there (apparently they are supposed to be sent to a database that the CIC can access or something, and the processing time is like 5-6 seconds - according to the staff who work there), so what do you mean that USCIS will not accept my biometrics for a Canada TRV?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am confused a bit now: The letter says: "If you are in the United States - take the letter to a USCIS Application Support Centre (ASC) and not a visa application center", which I did, and they collected my biometrics over there (apparently they are supposed to be sent to a database that the CIC can access or something, and the processing time is like 5-6 seconds - according to the staff who work there), so what do you mean that USCIS will not accept my biometrics for a Canada TRV?
You're right. You can provide your biometrics at an ASC of the USCIS. Generally, biometrics are given at a VAC/CSC office.

You must email the Canada visa office i.e. either NY/LA (whichever is nearest to where you are) to confirm if your biometrics have been received

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
You're right. You can provide your biometrics at an ASC of the USCIS. Generally, biometrics are given at a VAC/CSC office.

You must email the Canada visa office i.e. either NY/LA (whichever is nearest to where you are) to confirm if your biometrics have been received
Thank you Bryanna, will do.

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it appeared. We had to fill online form for the consulate.

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Check on their website there's a place to submit query through a form. Please do that for respective consulate and they'll update it

MILTON APPLICANT

May 24, 2018
Hi

I applied for a father Super visa, initially they already refused 1 visit and 1 super visa. Before they used to refuse it in a week time. But this time, its been 13 days until today. Is it a positive sign? When I checked the status online; it does not any say anything about " BIOMETRIC RECORDS" received or not? Is any one can guide me on this?

TIMELINE

Online applied: 20. JUNE 2018
Biometric done: 21. JUNE 2018

M.Prasla

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Hi

I applied for a father Super visa, initially they already refused 1 visit and 1 super visa. Before they used to refuse it in a week time. But this time, its been 13 days until today. Is it a positive sign? When I checked the status online; it does not any say anything about " BIOMETRIC RECORDS" received or not? Is any one can guide me on this?

TIMELINE

Online applied: 20. JUNE 2018
Biometric done: 21. JUNE 2018
I believe, you should call them and confirm. You can confirm either by calling where biometric was done or to CIC.

Just curiosity, what was the reason of your fathers’s super visa refusal in the past?