+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
Arif2016 said:
Yes you can. Its easier than to submit hard copies. When you applying online you don't need their signatures. login should be under your name and you have to create profile for each one of them.
Thanks a lot.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Rossei said:
I didn't know that CIC can convert TRV to SuperVisa. So, your father received a new SV visa stamp (PG-1) on his passport?

Last time my mom entered on SV back in July, 2016; I was told by an Immigration Officer that she would need to apply for SV (after it expires) from her home country. Furthermore, from my experience in the forum, I've seen most people successfully applying for extensions.
Yes its PG-1

probably this change came only 4-5 months ago and came via quietly. Some time CIC don't want to promote few things. "thats my feeling"

Thanks
Syed B.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
se7en said:
You seem to be right but I noticed one thing, in the required documents it doesn't ask for T4, NOA and employment letter even though if you checked the boxes for them in eligibility questions. However it does ask to submit the insurance. With that being said, does it mean that it is not required to submit T4, NOA and employment letter but to upload only the insurance or its good to be on the safe side and upload them in the explanation letter section?
Proof of income is mandatory

I just double check online questionnaire

Below are question which you need to answer via check box

Which document(s) are you using to prove that your child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut Off minimum? Modify my Answers

Most recent copy of Notice of Assessment

Most recent copy of T4 or T1

Thanks
Syed B.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
LAMARYo said:
HI All,

I applied for supervisa for my parents online in Dec 15th 2016, on Dec 17th they asked for biometric and they were done Dec 20th.

I check everyday online since then and there is no updates on their files .. until this morning we received an email for PASSPORT REQUEST !!!!! ?[/u]? Decision has been made please submit passports? But no Medical?? IS this normal ?

I've been expecting medical requests all this time but they surprised me with passport request not medical? I bought a Canadian insurance for them and also included their own World Wide health insurance... both of my parents have excellent travel history and both have strong tights to back home .. work and kids..

Please advise if you have been through this or you heard this before, supervisa can be accepted without medical ?? And Yes it is a supervisa not the regular 6 months visitor visa.. I went to a lawyer and he did everything for them.
Thanks!
Are you sure that the lawyer did everything right? Did you provide proof of Canadian Medical Insurance? CIC won't care much about other insurances.

It seems like CIC issued regular TRV instead of Super Visa. I'm not sure though. Well, you will see once they return the passports with visa stamps.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
badar14 said:
Proof of income is mandatory

I just double check online questionnaire

Below are question which you need to answer via check box

Which document(s) are you using to prove that your child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut Off minimum? Modify my Answers

Most recent copy of Notice of Assessment

Most recent copy of T4 or T1

Thanks
Syed B.
Yes this is what I was referring to in my previous post. I don't see them in the requested documents even though if these boxes were already checked.

My other question is, how IRCC deals it when the application is submitted for extension of stay (question 3 of the visa application form) and super visa being the purpose of visit while the applicant is on regular visitor's visa. If approved, does IRCC just send the extended visitor's record or they also request passport for stamping the the super visa?
Brother Syed, can I speak with you? Can you please share your number in pm?

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Should I include my wife in invitation letter to bring my mom?
My income is enough but one of my friend says it will be good to include her as well. My question is, If I want to include her, do I have to provide Employment letter for my wife as well? or her NOA is enough?
Also, I will include my NOA,T1,T4, Employment letter, My paystubs, Bank balance. Is there more to it should I include? Like My Rent Agreement, etc?

LAMARYo

Feb 27, 2017
Rossei said:
Are you sure that the lawyer did everything right? Did you provide proof of Canadian Medical Insurance? CIC won't care much about other insurances.

It seems like CIC issued regular TRV instead of Super Visa. I'm not sure though. Well, you will see once they return the passports with visa stamps.
Hi Rossei,

Yes I bought a Canadian insurance for one year coverage 100k just like what they are asking for. And also in the invitation letter and the discussion letter the lawyer did mentioned clearly that we are applying for a supervise.. also we submitted all the docs requested for the supervise for example the tights they have back home like the property's they own, their work, etc..
The lawyer sent a request yesterday to the IRCC asking for the medical ... he said if they didn't get back to us within 3 days.. he wants my parents just to go and do medical and he will submit them without a request!! I really don't want to see a regular visa stamped at their passports!! that would be extremely disappointed. :(

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
jayeshaminnew said:
Should I include my wife in invitation letter to bring my mom?
My income is enough but one of my friend says it will be good to include her as well. My question is, If I want to include her, do I have to provide Employment letter for my wife as well? or her NOA is enough?
Also, I will include my NOA,T1,T4, Employment letter, My paystubs, Bank balance. Is there more to it should I include? Like My Rent Agreement, etc?
In my opinion if your income is enough then no need to go for the joint one. You may want to download the check list from CIC website. It tells you what are the documents are required.

lapen

Jan 5, 2017
Father medical status changed to "Passed" on Feb 6th but no passport request as of today - March 2nd. Do you know how long will they take to send a passport request?

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
lapen said:
Father medical status changed to "Passed" on Feb 6th but no passport request as of today - March 2nd. Do you know how long will they take to send a passport request?
2 - 5 business days maybe. they usually dont take much time to send passport letters.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
lapen said:
Our status changed to passed on February 1st and today we received passport request. Be patient, you'll get it. But my case was in another visa office.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
lapen said:
Good to hear. By any day now

Thanks
Syed B.

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
Hi All,

I am applying Super Visa for my father-in-law and mother-in-law. My wife has written an invitation letter explaining the purpose and the financial support we gonna provide while their stay in Canada. Does my father-in-law also need to write a letter of explanation on why he is traveling to Canada and assure that he has no intention of overstay and he is going to come back to India after a short stay in Canada.? He is doing his own business in India. He doesnt have any supporting document to show his business. How to deal with this?

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
I have been in Canada for a year now. I have my T4 but not the NOA. Will T4 work out?

Aaman said:
hi friends..............

I WANT TO APPLY SUPER VISA FOR MY DAD WHO IS IN INDIA NOW..... M IN CANADA NOW AS PR
PLS GUIDE ME HOW TO APPLY FOR VISA ??

FROM WHERE SHOULD I APPLY FOR GOOD RESULT???
INDIA OR CANADA???

REGARDS