Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
alijpro said:
Hi Everyone,

I landed in Canada as PR 3 months ago and started job 1 month ago. My annual income is enough to meet LICO but someone told me I need 12 month job history to be eligible to apply. Can someone please confirm if I can apply for super visa for my mother?

I checked CIC website but could not find a clear cut statement saying 12 month job history is needed. Please guide me..

Thanks
Read my reply in above post. Thanks.

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
Rossei said:
Read my reply in above post. Thanks.
Ok it appears as per your answer I do not meet the requirement for Super visa... but can I apply for 2 year extension in visa (My mother is already in Canada)... do I meet requirements for that?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
alijpro said:
Ok it appears as per your answer I do not meet the requirement for Super visa... but can I apply for 2 year extension in visa (My mother is already in Canada)... do I meet requirements for that?
I'm not so sure as I haven't applied for an extension before. But the requirements remain same. But since it will be processed inside Canada, CIC may accept your employment letter & pay stubs instead of NOA/T4.

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Rossei said:
I'm not so sure as I haven't applied for an extension before. But the requirements remain same. But since it will be processed inside Canada, CIC may accept your employment letter & pay stubs instead of NOA/T4.
My commonlaw's mom just got her passport back - we only used letter of employment as I did not want a foreign entity accidentally seeing my NOA/T4.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tigurius said:
My commonlaw's mom just got her passport back - we only used letter of employment as I did not want a foreign entity accidentally seeing my NOA/T4.
Was that for an extension or new visa application? For extension, it may work as I said. For new visa application, it has high chances of rejections from certain countries.

BTW, did you mean CIC by "foreign entity"? If you ever want to sponsor her (or anyone else) for PR; what will you do then? NOA/Option C are mandatory for this.

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Rossei said:
Was that for an extension or new visa application? For extension, it may work as I said. For new visa application, it has high chances of rejections from certain countries.

BTW, did you mean CIC by "foreign entity"? If you ever want to sponsor her (or anyone else) for PR; what will you do then? NOA/Option C are mandatory for this.
New application.

Foreign entity as in I am not sending my private info to another country that has all the info on it that could be used to steal my identity. I did everything online and only gave the bare minimum. Besides if the government really wanted to see how much I make they're welcome to speak to CRA internally.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tigurius said:
New application.

Foreign entity as in I am not sending my private info to another country that has all the info on it that could be used to steal my identity. I did everything online and only gave the bare minimum. Besides if the government really wanted to see how much I make they're welcome to speak to CRA internally.
I don't think they can/do unless CIC suspects any fraud. I quote from Canada Gazette archives here:

"There is currently no authority under the Citizenship Act or the Citizenship Regulations (the Regulations) to enable CIC to collect the SIN for the purposes of exchanging information with the CRA."

But there are amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) waiting to come into force that will authorize CIC to collect the SIN and to verify information with the CRA. Until then, CIC will continue asking for NOA's from applicants where they need to prove income.

I'm just stating the facts here. In case of NOA's required/recommended, I would advise to give it to CIC as any LVO (except VFS) would fall under its jurisdiction.

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
My Question: Is it possible to apply for extension of stay if Passport is renewed?

Details: My mother is in Canada for last 3 months, she was issued multiple entry visa till the date of expiration of her passport. Her passport is expiring in 2 months from now. We have renewed her passport from Pakistani consulate here in Canada. Now we want to apply for extension of her stay. Will there be an issue because new passport is issued? Her visa is on her old passport which we can attach to the new passport while applying for extension, but will it be possible to take extension on new passport? and also want to know if extension just a stamp or a new visa needs to be issued?

civilengr

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/27/2014
AOR Received.
PER 01/28/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Additional docs requested : 03/06/2015. doc sent 03/20/2015 RPRF : 03/27/2015
Med's Request
03/28/2015
Med's Done....
04/07/2015 Medical recieved : 04/14/2015
Interview........
Decision Made : 05/30/2015
Passport Req..
06/02/2015
LANDED..........
06/25/2015
Hello,

My in-laws (to-be) are done with medical already for super-visa from Bangladesh. What is the current wait time between medical and passport request? And what are the chances of rejection?

Thank you

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi Rossie,

My mom was rejected visitor visa once and I am going to apply for her supervisa this month. In IMM5257E form, there is a question that says:

Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

should I answer YES here? Please assist.

Regards,
Tomalika

Rossei said:
I don't think they can/do unless CIC suspects any fraud. I quote from Canada Gazette archives here:

"There is currently no authority under the Citizenship Act or the Citizenship Regulations (the Regulations) to enable CIC to collect the SIN for the purposes of exchanging information with the CRA."

But there are amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) waiting to come into force that will authorize CIC to collect the SIN and to verify information with the CRA. Until then, CIC will continue asking for NOA's from applicants where they need to prove income.

I'm just stating the facts here. In case of NOA's required/recommended, I would advise to give it to CIC as any LVO (except VFS) would fall under its jurisdiction.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tomalika Chowdhury said:
Hi Rossie,

My mom was rejected visitor visa once and I am going to apply for her supervisa this month. In IMM5257E form, there is a question that says:

Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

should I answer YES here? Please assist.

Regards,
Tomalika
YES.

I briefly explained it to the other thread where you posted this same question.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents just passed their medical exams and just updated it online (Fyi, I submitted their applications online on April 26) Any experience and knowledge regarding the timeline of Supervisa application in CIC-Manila, Philippines will be very much appreciated. Likewise, I sent another enquiry regarding their application yesterday since its been 2 weeks since the last update.

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi Rossei,

There is another question In IMM5257E form: have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? should I answer this question also YES?
In IMM5257E form, page 2- in section -fund available for stay...what did you put?
do you put the sum of the sponsor (your) and your mom's fund? Kindly let me know. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Tomalika

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
blistex said:
My parents just passed their medical exams and just updated it online (Fyi, I submitted their applications online on April 26) Any experience and knowledge regarding the timeline of Supervisa application in CIC-Manila, Philippines will be very much appreciated. Likewise, I sent another enquiry regarding their application yesterday since its been 2 weeks since the last update.
Medical exam updated on July 17 - July 31 got passport request - passport back 3 days later on the 3rd and had her arrive on the 8th. Make sure you login online and ensure there isn't some sort of letter sitting in your messages box - as we didnt get an email anything was updated - but there was a message sitting there with a PDF requesting the passport.