+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
KalraR said:
Hi Everyone,

I am submitting a super visa application for my parents from India. I am required to submit Marriage certificate/license for my parents. My parents don't have their marriage license. Has anyone faced a similar problem and can anyone suggest what can be done in this situation?
That's okay if they don't have any certificate/license. Go to a notarian and get an affidavit of their marriage certificate.

POGOMAGA

Nov 18, 2014
Please advise!!

My mother has TRV which is gonna expired in September 2017.Now she is in back home.I want to apply for Super visa in January. Will it be ok if she still hold TRV?

Thanks in advance

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
TC21 said:
Hey guys
Wishing everyone happy holidays
I am trying to apply for supervisa for my mom and have certain queries.

1. one of the requirement is Purpose of travel

"You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment."

Since I am applying for supervisa, I intend her to stay for full 2 years, so wont have a return ticket...what else can we show here?

2. One of the questions in form IM5257E is "funds available for my stay": I intend to show my wife's and mine job letter from our employers and show some balance in our accounts? Will that suffice or does the funds have to be in my mom's name?

3. "How long do you intend to stay?" again till the time she possibly can...can I put date 2 years hence from the date of entry?
I have applied for my parents supervisa couple of days back. i can only share the way i have prepared all the forms.

1. Uploaded a word document explaining that arranging travel document will be difficult as they are intending to stay at least one year.
2. This is funds (money) in Canadian dollars that your parents can make available during their stay in Canada. This is not your fund. Your fund could be part of the invitation letter if you want to.
3. I put one year based on the medical insurance. even though if the visa is granted it will be 2 years per visit.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Aqsamunir said:
Hi everybody, my husband wants to apply super visa for his parents, but our family income is below the min. income threshold. Is it possible for us to invite them?
I am sorry but answer is No

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
Arif2016 said:
I have applied for my parents supervisa couple of days back. i can only share the way i have prepared all the forms.

1. Uploaded a word document explaining that arranging travel document will be difficult as they are intending to stay at least one year.
2. This is funds (money) in Canadian dollars that your parents can make available during their stay in Canada. This is not your fund. Your fund could be part of the invitation letter if you want to.
3. I put one year based on the medical insurance. even though if the visa is granted it will be 2 years per visit.

Thanks Arif

Couple of follow up questions
1. any specific format for the word document?
2. for funds available, do we need to submit bank statement showing the funds available in parents account?

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
1. any specific format for the word document? - It just regular word document.
2. for funds available, do we need to submit bank statement showing the funds available in parents account? - Not now. If needed they will open up a field to submit one.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
TC21 said:
Hey guys
Wishing everyone happy holidays
I am trying to apply for supervisa for my mom and have certain queries.

1. one of the requirement is Purpose of travel

"You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment."

Since I am applying for supervisa, I intend her to stay for full 2 years, so wont have a return ticket...what else can we show here?

2. One of the questions in form IM5257E is "funds available for my stay": I intend to show my wife's and mine job letter from our employers and show some balance in our accounts? Will that suffice or does the funds have to be in my mom's name?

3. "How long do you intend to stay?" again till the time she possibly can...can I put date 2 years hence from the date of entry?
We were just approved for a SuperVisa (after an initial rejection). When we were originally denied, it was due to the fact that we did not include a return ticket with the application and we didn't specify what our intentions were while my MIL was here in Canada. This time around we provided the following:

Proof of visit - we provided a return ticket of 1 year (approximately), as well, we described the many places and things we intend on doing during her stay, so it showed the provinces we would like to visit and the attractions we would like to show her.

Proof of funds - my MIL doesn't have enough money to show proof of funds wo we provided a declaration of promise to support and specified all her needs, along with proof of both of our incomes to support this claim.

Length of stay - we requested 1 year, and if needed, we will request an extension of 2 years once she lands in Canada. We requested the 1 year because that's the longest we were able to obtain her medical insurance coverage for at the time, and we can extend it when her original year is about up.

I hope all of that helps, as we really didn't provide nearly enough information the first time even though we thought we had. They didn't feel there was enough funds, that she would return, etc.... now we know better and were able to reapply with every stitch of information that we could put together!

Good luck!! :)

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Ninirae said:
We were just approved for a SuperVisa (after an initial rejection). When we were originally denied, it was due to the fact that we did not include a return ticket with the application and we didn't specify what our intentions were while my MIL was here in Canada. This time around we provided the following:

Proof of visit - we provided a return ticket of 1 year (approximately), as well, we described the many places and things we intend on doing during her stay, so it showed the provinces we would like to visit and the attractions we would like to show her.

Proof of funds - my MIL doesn't have enough money to show proof of funds wo we provided a declaration of promise to support and specified all her needs, along with proof of both of our incomes to support this claim.

Length of stay - we requested 1 year, and if needed, we will request an extension of 2 years once she lands in Canada. We requested the 1 year because that's the longest we were able to obtain her medical insurance coverage for at the time, and we can extend it when her original year is about up.

I hope all of that helps, as we really didn't provide nearly enough information the first time even though we thought we had. They didn't feel there was enough funds, that she would return, etc.... now we know better and were able to reapply with every stitch of information that we could put together!

Good luck!! :)
Thats quite interesting.

I don't think so Ticket is required for Super Visa the processing time from Pakistan is 159 days almost 5.2 months its hard to provide ticket. Most of the requirements are for regular visit visa you mentioned above other than insurance and Proof of funds. Not sure why but every case is different more i will say depends on Visa office and Visa Officer.

any ways congrats and good luck

syed

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi Guys,

I plant to invite my parents for super visa.

Can I use my GCKEY account to upload their application?

Should I mention my name as family representative in the form: IMM5713E ? even I'm the inviter.

Thanks.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
i want to apply super visa to my mom

do i need notice of assessment for 2016 to apply

what if it is not super visa. do i still need it?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sidestep4u said:
i want to apply super visa to my mom

do i need notice of assessment for 2016 to apply

what if it is not super visa. do i still need it?
If you plan to apply now, then you can submit your application with 2015 NOA as 2016 NOA won't be available till May, 2017. However, you may want to include few of your recent pay slips, employment verification letter, T4 etc. in order to show that you still meet income requirements.

For regular visit visa, NOA isn't mandatory. But it's better to submit some evidence of your income.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
badar14 said:
Thats quite interesting.

I don't think so Ticket is required for Super Visa the processing time from Pakistan is 159 days almost 5.2 months its hard to provide ticket. Most of the requirements are for regular visit visa you mentioned above other than insurance and Proof of funds. Not sure why but every case is different more i will say depends on Visa office and Visa Officer.

any ways congrats and good luck

syed
I think it depends on the VO completely. We booked the ticket and even had to change it because there is really no way of telling how long the process can actually take. It was supposed to be 38 days for us and it ended up being almost 2 months. It's really unfortunate and we were very lucky that we only had to pay the change fee, but coming from Pakistan, I'm sure it's much more expensive and would not be so lucky, so you make a VERY good point :)

Nini

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
Rossei said:
If you plan to apply now, then you can submit your application with 2015 NOA as 2016 NOA won't be available till May, 2017. However, you may want to include few of your recent pay slips, employment verification letter, T4 etc. in order to show that you still meet income requirements.

For regular visit visa, NOA isn't mandatory. But it's better to submit some evidence of your income.
thanks

my min income is not good enough for 2015

i had min income met for 2016. so better i have NOA for 2016 and then apply

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sidestep4u said:
thanks

my min income is not good enough for 2015

i had min income met for 2016. so better i have NOA for 2016 and then apply
If that's the case, then wait for your 2016 NOA to come.

OntarioGoat

Jan 3, 2017
Hi there. I have a question regarding Parent's super visa application. I have been living in Canada over 13 years now. Unfortunately every time I wanted to sponsor my parents Govt rules etc do not go in my favor.
Initially I wanted to submit the sponsorship application on Jan 3rd 2017 and prepared everything needed including payment tot he carrier. However, I could not apply due to the change of process by Canadian Govt in mid December. With the new change in PGP sponsorship process I can now wait to see if my name get's picked up by the lottery system.

While waiting I want to apply for their super visa in case my name is not picked by the lottery.
1) Would it be an issue if there is already an application for super visa and I get invited to sponsor them?
2) How would I calculate the LIC? Both my husband and I hold decent jobs since 2005.

Responses are highly appreciated.