+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying in Canada based on an award that required you to go back home after completion of studies

pythagoras

Aug 24, 2018
Hi there,

I created my express entry profile and the following question is asked:

Did *NAME* study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills? This includes some awards from Global Affairs Canada.

I did receive a scholarship for the last 2 years of my degree that required me to go back to my home country. I did this, while my post graduation work permit was being processed. I got the work permit and some months later I returned to Canada. My question is, if I respond yes to this question, would my application be rejected? Or do my points go down? I have already submitted my profile and have received an invitation to apply. I have been invited to apply for the CEC.

ANy help would be appreciated.

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Hi there,

Did *NAME* study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills? This includes some awards from Global Affairs Canada.

I did receive a scholarship for the last 2 years of my degree that required me to go back to my home country. I did this, while my post graduation work permit was being processed. I got the work permit and some months later I returned to Canada. My question is, if I respond yes to this question, would my application be rejected? Or do my points go down? I have already submitted my profile and have received an invitation to apply. I have been invited to apply for the CEC.

Hey! Can you, please, share what you ended up with ? :)

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hi there,

I am in the same boat, what was your answer, need to know how it ended up.

lucasb7z

Mar 2, 2022
Hi there,

Hey man! I'm in the same boat... What did you end up doing ?

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Can some please reply to this thread and let others know the way forward please? Thank you in advance.