+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY VISA REFUSED - TRAVEL HISTORY PROBLEM

paramylo

Jul 2, 2012
Hello

I am from Greece, I apply for a study visa and they refused my application.According the letter that they sent to me, the officer is not satisfied that i will leave canada after the end of my studies because of my travel history, purpose of visit and limited employment prospects in Greece.
He also wrote that if I have new information to provide I have to reapply. I try to come in contact with the embassy of canada to learn what documents should I send to change that and get the study visa but the did not help me at all.
I do not understand what they mean with travel history and purpose of visiti.
Does anyone know something about this and what should I do?

thank you

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
What were you going to study?
Have you previously travelled abroad?
Have you shown home ties?

paramylo

Jul 2, 2012
Inam89 said:
What were you going to study?
Have you previously travelled abroad?
Have you shown home ties?
I am admited to Concordia university Montreal as a transfer student in the civil engineering department.
the last 2 summers i travelled to Canada and States for vacations i had a girlfriend from canada.
i do not have any family in canada neither states.

emmaco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
write a strong SOP stating reason why you are exchanging to Institution in Canada, again try show some properties under you or your family name bearing in mind that Greece is currently facing unemployment problem. VO might think you're just moving to Canada solely because of economic crisis in your home country.

paramylo

Jul 2, 2012
emmaco said:
write a strong SOP stating reason why you are exchanging to Institution in Canada, again try show some properties under you or your family name bearing in mind that Greece is currently facing unemployment problem. VO might think you're just moving to Canada solely because of economic crisis in your home country.
SOP=? VO=?
Can I submit other documents such as a letter like this, other documents with my university grades etc in my study visa application?
Also I am 28 years old and I start my studies 2 years ago....

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
VO = Visa Officer

SOP = Statement of Purpose, an essay explaining your academic achievements/jobs, why you want to study in this course, why you want to study in Canada, what are the advantages of this course to your country like what sort of jobs will you fit in, your ties to home why would you return back to your home country etc.

If you have not overstayed or involved in illegal activities in states and canada then you are okay. As you have previously travelled to Canada so the VO might be suspicious that you might not return so show good ties to home like property, business, settled family, offer letter of a job upon your arrival etc.

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hi!... This is kinda personal but are you still in a relationship with your girl? And did you mention about her in your visa application? Because they might suspect you are going to Canada, to get married to her etc. Limited employment prospects: That's because Greece is suffering economy wise. Plus a combination of your girlfriend and Greece's current situation, might have caused a suspicion.

As suggested by other members here, I hope you can explain in a statement of purpose, your situation comprehensively. This might increase the chances of your visa approval.

Also, I believe Greek universities have better reputation, relatively. Transferring your credits without completion of degree, might also be a matter of suspicion.

I hope you get what I am saying, just trying to help.

Cheers!

paramylo

Jul 2, 2012
bazinga07 said:
Hi!... This is kinda personal but are you still in a relationship with your girl? And did you mention about her in your visa application? Because they might suspect you are going to Canada, to get married to her etc. Limited employment prospects: That's because Greece is suffering economy wise. Plus a combination of your girlfriend and Greece's current situation, might have caused a suspicion.

As suggested by other members here, I hope you can explain in a statement of purpose, your situation comprehensively. This might increase the chances of your visa approval.

Also, I believe Greek universities have better reputation, relatively. Transferring your credits without completion of degree, might also be a matter of suspicion.

I hope you get what I am saying, just trying to help.

Cheers!
No i do not have any connections with that girl anymore. I do not mention about her in my application because there was no need to do so.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
I thought european nationals are allowed to travel Canada without having visa on their passports and if should you intend to acquire education you can make an application inside Canada.......isnt that true?

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Well, there are really strict border restrictions for Greek citizens these days. I read in an article that even UK is taking severe measures to stop Greek citizens immigrating. "David Cameron is prepared to override Britain's historic obligations under EU treaties and impose stringent border controls that would block Greek citizens from entering the United Kingdom, if Greece is forced out of the single currency."

I do hope, you can justify your case somehow to the visa officer and obtain the visa though. All the best!

Nawtyp

Jun 8, 2012
paramylo said:
any other opinions about that travel history?
Did you submitted all the copies of your passport including the stamped pages to show your travel history? (that is if the originals were not requested by the embassy )

paramylo

Jul 2, 2012
Nawtyp said:
Did you submitted all the copies of your passport including the stamped pages to show your travel history? (that is if the originals were not requested by the embassy )
I submit only copy of my new passport because the old one was about to expiere.
I write a letter explaining all my trips and the reasons for them, should I submit my old passports too?