+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Extension inland - 7 months +?

Jan 12, 2022
I applied for study permit extension inland (Ontario) since May 31, 2021. I have not heard back at all. I sent multiple webforms to no avail, the ircc agents claim they cant help me and that i am less priority as i am not an afghan refugee. Anyone else experiencing this?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I applied for study permit extension inland (Ontario) since May 31, 2021. I have not heard back at all. I sent multiple webforms to no avail, the ircc agents claim they cant help me and that i am less priority as i am not an afghan refugee. Anyone else experiencing this?
When does your current visa expire?

Jan 12, 2022
Bad advice, they won't process it if its too early. That's what my advisor had told me
Is there anything I can do? I contacted my MP which the representative told me was approved, yet no update on my file for 2 months. I ordered GCMS notes as well. As above, webforms and calling don't help.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Is there anything I can do? I contacted my MP which the representative told me was approved, yet no update on my file for 2 months. I ordered GCMS notes as well. As above, webforms and calling don't help.
I dont understand what you said about the MP ?? Did the MP contact IRCC ? What do you mean by "which the representative told me was approved" ?
They have access to the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators and usually get an update on your application much faster than you would on a webform.

Jan 12, 2022
I dont understand what you said about the MP ?? Did the MP contact IRCC ? What do you mean by "which the representative told me was approved" ?
They have access to the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators and usually get an update on your application much faster than you would on a webform.
So I contacted an MP and the representative (from the MP office) told me that this: "We got in touch with IRCC, and they informed us that your application has been approved. " But that was in November and I did not see any updates to my application.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
You can try contacting the MP but it does not help. I applied for a Study Permit extension on Apr 30 when my Study permit was supposed to expire Sep 30. My course was over Aug 22 and My SP ext was approved Sep 3

A few of my classmates too had applied [ all of us had incorrect dates stamped since our course was supposed to start Sep 2020 but started Jan 2021 instead].

Some of them got the extension in 4 weeks while mine took the longest even after the course was completed.

Sadly, there is not much you can do. However raise another webform and just hold on. All the best

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
You maybe applied a little too early. Recommended to apply 3 months before expiry
I applied exactly 3 months before my current study permit expiry. my current permit expired and still waiting for extension approval..