+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT

Liny

Jan 26, 2021
Ok. If visitor, it is processed from home country so look at processing times.
Hi, my home country's processing time is 4 weeks, and I applied 5 weeks ago. Could you suggest on what to do, should I contact IRCC or wait for a few more weeks (my classes start in September)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my home country's processing time is 4 weeks, and I applied 5 weeks ago. Could you suggest on what to do, should I contact IRCC or wait for a few more weeks (my classes start in September)
Posted processing times are just estimates and not guarantees. All you can do is wait. There are no guarantees you will hear back for a September start date. Assume you have PAL. Is there a reason you are visiting Canada when you don’t know if your study permit will be approved and when?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Liny

Jan 26, 2021
Posted processing times are just estimates and not guarantees. All you can do is wait. There are no guarantees you will hear back for a September start date. Assume you have PAL. Is there a reason you are visiting Canada when you don’t know if your study permit will be approved and when?
My parents have work permit and I came to visit them, so I am exempt from having PAL

Last edited:

Senami1999

Jul 12, 2024
So I just got an update today, my current study permit is invalid and I guess I’ll be issued a new one soon after.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I guess so. I read on another forum that it wouldn’t take that long to issue a new study permit.
Sorry why do you need a new study permit issued? Were you not changing conditions to work since you applied at the border? What forms did you send in to cancel your permit? Changing conditions takes many months.

Senami1999

Jul 12, 2024
Sorry why do you need a new study permit issued? Were you not changing conditions to work since you applied at the border? What forms did you send in to cancel your permit? Changing conditions takes many months.
I wasn’t able to apply for an SIN without work conditions written on the study permit. The conditions will also allow me work while studying.
I filled out the IMM1436 document and provided my original study permit, passport data page, birth certificate and proof of acceptance from school.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I wasn’t able to apply for an SIN without work conditions written on the study permit. The conditions will also allow me work while studying.
I filled out the IMM1436 document and provided my original study permit, passport data page, birth certificate and proof of acceptance from school.
So you applied to change conditions of your study permit to work. Processing takes many months. People wait over 6 months or more. You didn’t apply for a new study permit. Post the letter for IRCC because your study permit should not be cancelled.

Senami1999

Jul 12, 2024
Yes I did apply to add conditions to my study permit and the new study permit has been approved and mailed to my address.