08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Where did you apply from?
I don't think it's a good idea to cancel after all this wait. Just keep your hopes up, hopefully you will hear something from them. Based on what I saw here some people waited 3 months and 25 days to hear back...

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
I had applied through the online mode from the state of Kuwait. Yea I am a bit indecisive here actually because today it already has been 3 months and 8 days. But on the contrary if I delay my paper application I might run into the same problem in January which is getting too late and surpassing my entry date.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Hello, I applied for the study permit but my application was refused. The refusal letter sent to me was for the temporary resident visa application. I didn't apply for the temporary resident visa. Could there have been an error made by the visa officer? I am a resident in the UAE but I intend going to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi to lay my complain. Would I be able to get into their office? Some people here said only Canadians are allowed into the office, some said it's possible to visit and there'll be someone to help. Please, has anyone here who isn't a Canadian citizen visited the embassy in the past? were you attended to by a personnel there?

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hello, I applied for the study permit but my application was refused. The refusal letter sent to me was for the temporary resident visa application. I didn't apply for the temporary resident visa. Could there have been an error made by the visa officer? I am a resident in the UAE but I intend going to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi to lay my complain. Would I be able to get into their office? Some people here said only Canadians are allowed into the office, some said it's possible to visit and there'll be someone to help. Please, has anyone here who isn't a Canadian citizen visited the embassy in the past? were you attended to by a personnel there?
You can make a case specific enquiry CSE from IRCC website in contact us option. Follow the steps and input all your details they will definitely reopen your file.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Hi,
They did not make any error while sending you refusal mail.
One thing you should know that ,
Visitors visa,work permits ,study permit are categorise in( temporary residence visa) as per the CIC official web page . So, if you read carefully your refusal reasons ,there you can find they refuses your application on some educational etc. Grounds. Refusal reasons are vary from person to person.
2ndly, you are not allowed to enter in Abu Dhabi, Canadian embassy. You should apply for CAIPS notes for more details.
Hope it helps.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Hi,
They did not make any error while sending you refusal mail.
One thing you should know that ,
Visitors visa,work permits ,study permit are categorise in( temporary residence visa) as per the CIC official web page . So, if you read carefully your refusal reasons ,there you can find they refuses your application on some educational etc. Grounds. Refusal reasons are vary from person to person.
2ndly, you are not allowed to enter in Abu Dhabi, Canadian embassy. You should apply for CAIPS notes for more details.
Hope it helps.
Hi,

I sent in my application for the study permit a month ago. It was once rejected(around early May) but I rectified all the issues and submitted the correct documentations this time. I got a reply from the embassy in Abu Dhabi today. My application was refused. When I read the refusal letter to know what the reasons for the rejection are, I realized that the letter sent to me was for a Temporary Resident Visa application, not the study permit application. The letter didn't indicate anything related to study as it is in the previous one. I compared the format of the letter with my previous refusal letter and it's completely different. (My mum once applied for the TRV(Visitor's visa), it was refused and they sent in the refusal letter. so I know what the letter looks like).

The reasons for refusal stated today, was immigration status in country of residence, financial support(I have about 55,000 cad dollars in the account and I paid my first semester fees including accommodation and other related fees. I submitted all the documents) and purpose of visit. I submitted ALL the required documents for the study permit application. I didn't apply for a visitor's visa. Why did the visa officer give me an information related to what I didn't apply for. I'm really confused. Was my application not processed properly, has this ever happened before? There is something called human error so can it be possible the visa officer didn't access my application properly and perhaps made mistakes? I really have doubts.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Hi,

I sent in my application for the study permit a month ago. It was once rejected(around early May) but I rectified all the issues and submitted the correct documentations this time. I got a reply from the embassy in Abu Dhabi today. My application was refused. When I read the refusal letter to know what the reasons for the rejection are, I realized that the letter sent to me was for a Temporary Resident Visa application, not the study permit application. The letter didn't indicate anything related to study as it is in the previous one. I compared the format of the letter with my previous refusal letter and it's completely different. (My mum once applied for the TRV(Visitor's visa), it was refused and they sent in the refusal letter. so I know what the letter looks like).

The reasons for refusal stated today, was immigration status in country of residence, financial support(I have about 55,000 cad dollars in the account and I paid my first semester fees including accommodation and other related fees. I submitted all the documents) and purpose of visit. I submitted ALL the required documents for the study permit application. I didn't apply for a visitor's visa. Why did the visa officer give me an information related to what I didn't apply for. I'm really confused. Was my application not processed properly, has this ever happened before? There is something called human error so can it be possible the visa officer didn't access my application properly and perhaps made mistakes? I really have doubts.
As i told you before your visa is temporary residence visa.
In your 1st attempt you got different refusal reasons. May be u address some of them properly.so they didnt mention them this time.
In 2nd attempt, you didn't satisfy them with your above stated grounds,so they refuse your application. U can apply again with strong documents. proper representation can help u to get visa. (My personal experience )
U can do CSE, but your decision is already made. I don't think it help u.
So, best option is apply for CAIPS.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
In your 1st attempt you got different refusal reasons. May be u address some of them properly.so they didnt mention them this time.
In 2nd attempt, you didn't satisfy them with your above stated grounds,so they refuse your application. U can apply again with strong documents. proper representation can help u to get visa. (My personal experience )
Some one earlier posted on this forum that his application was refused because of educational docuemnt was not provided (i guess that person provided provisional degree except of final and without IELTS) he sent CSE with final degree and IELTS then very next day his file was reopened. I gues some times people get luck also.

Reactions: lolo1111

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
@comeflywithme
Please do you have an idea on when they will most likely send me a reply or acknowledge the CSE?
Well no one knows when they response. It depends. Sometimes they response within 10 days and sometimes they do not respond at all. Once you will submit the CSE then a message will display "we will get back to you within 28 days. Of you are sending enquiry before exceeding your processing time we may not respond at all. If you are sending additional docuemnts to attach with your application we may not reply but we will attach it with your application" its something like that. But Some one earlier posted on this forum that his application was refused because of educational docuemnt was not provided (i guess that person provided provisional degree except of final and without IELTS) he sent CSE with final degree and IELTS then very next day his file was reopened. I gues some times people get luck also. Please try it. Everything is possible in this great small controversial world. In the end at othet side of computers they are human.. mistakes are possible and who knows they might open your file again.

Reactions: lolo1111

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Some one earlier posted on this forum that his application was refused because of educational docuemnt was not provided (i guess that person provided provisional degree except of final and without IELTS) he sent CSE with final degree and IELTS then very next day his file was reopened. I gues some times people get luck also.
on refusal letter they clearly stated that ( this application is closed.if you wish to provide new information plz submit new application and processing fee). in that context , i state my suggestion.
and yes luck definitely works. i wish good luck

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Okay.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Well no one knows when they response. It depends. Sometimes they response within 10 days and sometimes they do not respond at all. Once you will submit the CSE then a message will display "we will get back to you within 28 days. Of you are sending enquiry before exceeding your processing time we may not respond at all. If you are sending additional docuemnts to attach with your application we may not reply but we will attach it with your application" its something like that. But Some one earlier posted on this forum that his application was refused because of educational docuemnt was not provided (i guess that person provided provisional degree except of final and without IELTS) he sent CSE with final degree and IELTS then very next day his file was reopened. I gues some times people get luck also. Please try it. Everything is possible in this great small controversial world. In the end at othet side of computers they are human.. mistakes are possible and who knows they might open your file again.
What you said is true. You're right. Also, thanks for the encouragement. I sent the CSE already. Hopefully something positive will come out of it. Thanks for the help once again.