+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused w/o Request for Police Certificate (Manila, Online)

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am happy for u. Your case make u a suitable experienced member. So keep it up and do extend helping hands on pple is experiencing ur situation.

KiMango

Aug 22, 2014
urbanist said:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
My study permit and TRVs for my family members have been refused by the Canadian embassy in Manila (online application). The official correspondence letter says: "You have not complied with our request for information, as per section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for: Police certificate from countries that you have been residing in for more than 6 months since the age of 18."

I followed the online application instructions verbatim, HOWEVER THERE WAS NO REQUEST FOR POLICE CERTIFICATES ON MYCIC from the embassy. It wasn't even on the checklist in the first place! I was compliant with the standard application procedures, and according to MYCIC our documents have been reviewed and "no additional documents are needed at this time".

I already filed an inquiry to the embassy to re-open our files, because there was no explicit request, but I am not sure if it will result in anything. It will definitely take some time for them to answer, and my studies begin in September, so I am not sure if I should just file a new application altogether. I don't want to lose my money though - it's $350 for the whole family...

Any opinions?
Hi, I have the same reason of refusal by the Canadian embassy. My agent filed my application online in Manila. The last email that he received was my Medical Instruction. There was no request for a police clearance.

How long did you wait for their reply? We already sent a letter for reconsideration with my police and NBI clearances last week but my agent said we should give the embassy another week.

I'm really pressured, my class starts on September 2 but I don't think I could make it so I'm planning to move it to Winter.

I hope you could help me. Thank you. :)

j3rmi

Jan 7, 2015
Any updates here? I am also experiencing the same problem where my study has been refused because it didn't have a Police Certificate attached.. I emailed the embassy and they said I was applying for a work permit ??? but clearly my application was a study permit :(. Anyone has a contact with the immigration officer?
Care to share the email mr Urbanist?

I hope someone can help! I'm in danger of losing my scholarship in the university I am applying for because of this. :(