+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit refused so reapply?

jwansaz

Jul 30, 2016
Hello everyone

I'm Iraqi and I live in the UAE. I applied for study permit in Canada for 4 years of my undergraduate studies in uottawa, but got refused recently. I'm thinking of reapplying. The refusal reasons mentioned were:

"travel history" (I ve only recently visited Iraq once and also visited many countries for vacation like Thailand, ksa, turkey and several countries in Europe, so I don't know why they would not approve of that)

"insufficient funds to pay tuition fees" (I'm planning to upload statements with more money and hope that works this time)

"family form incomplete" (I'm aware that's my fault, although it might've been a technical issue with the pdf form I sent)

"no proof of father's employment" (They never asked for it in the online application)

"family ties" (I don't know what to make of it, what to do about it?)

Also, can you give me tips on where to include extra documents and in what form and what to include in the "letter of explanation"?

My university term starts at 6 September, Do you recommend reapplying or do you think it's too late for that?

PS: If anyone goes to uottawa or is aiming for it please let me know I'd like to contact you.

Your advice is appreciated.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I think its too late, try to defer to January intake. What do you mean by technical issue with pdf that you sent? Also, write an SOP and let them know that you visited the countries for tourism.

jwansaz

Jul 30, 2016
reason984flood said:
I think its too late, try to defer to January intake. What do you mean by technical issue with pdf that you sent? Also, write an SOP and let them know that you visited the countries for tourism.
Thanks for the reply

I forgot to mention the university sent me an email granting me the chance to arrive 2 weeks late. I believe I can include that email in the SOP. My last visa lasted 46 days and I made my decisions using that processing time more or less and it turned out the visa can be processed before 2 business weeks passed.
As for the pdf technical, I completed the form digitally and uploaded it to be sent to them but then found out that some input got deleted in the form (I don't know why) so I fear they got the incomplete file.
I will include the tourism status in my SOP thanks

Riyaz8108

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Hey!
Chances are still that you may rejected your VISA for the second time.
As of the rejection you have received now, it is very late or you to analyse their rejection reasons too. And deadline is in a few minutes.
You might not get your VISA on time too. This will be hectic for you so be ready for it.
I m going to ottawa but not Uottawa.
Hope this helped.

jwansaz

Jul 30, 2016
Riyaz8108 said:
Hey!
Chances are still that you may rejected your VISA for the second time.
As of the rejection you have received now, it is very late or you to analyse their rejection reasons too. And deadline is in a few minutes.
You might not get your VISA on time too. This will be hectic for you so be ready for it.
I m going to ottawa but not Uottawa.
Hope this helped.
Hi thanks for replying!
I've been told a lot that the chance for visa acceptance is low and i'm aware of that. So long as it's possible, I'm giving it a shot (I really wanna study in Uottawa this year :( )Can you tell me what did you mean by deadline in a few minutes? What deadline? And yes i know it ll be hectic and I ll miss classes but thats preferable than no visa ;D
May i ask when did you apply for visa and when did you get your acceptance? Thanks in advance

Reactions: abhijiths619

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
hi i am pakistani i got admission in post graduate diploma course in centennial college, i applied for visa on 6 june and today i received email for refusal.. i have not got the letter so that i cud know the reasons for rejection uptil now. i wish to reapply, please give me advise what steps i shud take to rule out the cause of rejection
regards

nithin.bhargav

Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016
Med's Done....
08-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope So
Hey, Anyone applied for the visa on 20th July? Which VFS?

My Profile: 10th 53%, 12th 49%, BCA 58% with 5 Backlog only in the first year. Scores gradually improved after the first year with no backlog. The topper of the class in the final semester.
IELTS: 6.5 with no band less than 6.

Applied for COMPUTER APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT at CONESTOGA COLLEGE.

I had applied ONLINE on MY OWN on June 27th and got a rejection on 15th July with the reason: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, the level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

I had not submitted my educational documents and financial summary cause it was not mentioned there.

Later I contacted my consultant (Canam, Bangalore) and explained my situation, they said that rejection was only for lack of documents and made me re-apply again with all the proper documents on 20th July at Bangalore VFS.

Now, I've linked my application to the same account for which I had applied earlier but no updates till now. Not even medicals passed.

I've booked my flight for 26th August a month ago. Will I get my visa decision before that?

jwansaz

Jul 30, 2016
ambersabarabia said:
hi i am pakistani i got admission in post graduate diploma course in centennial college, i applied for visa on 6 june and today i received email for refusal.. i have not got the letter so that i cud know the reasons for rejection uptil now. i wish to reapply, please give me advise what steps i shud take to rule out the cause of rejection
regards
Hey, I'm sorry to hear. I recently reapplied again and nothing to do but wait.
Ok so basically you have to show the officer you are not intending to stay in canada, that you are really attached to the people living in your homecountry and will miss them dearly etc. If someone in your family or an aquaintenance has a business you can ask him/her to write a letter promising to join you to their business after studying.

Also, if you own a house or land you would do well to send the relevant documents All that gives the officer a strong impression you re going back to pakistan.
Also you can write the purpose of visit in your letter of explanation and mention the fact that you didnt get your refusal letter.

Moreover, Its important to show the officer you can afford the uni fees by paying and then sending bank statement and your uni e-bill documents once the money arrives. Dont forget to add 10000 CAD at least over ur expenses (mentioned in cic).

In the IMM1294 form, in the section where they ask whether you were refused before. In the details box i wrote the date, UCl, and refused application number which i think is enough so i advise you to do the same.

Hope this helps...

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
jwansaz said:
Ok so basically you have to show the officer you are not intending to stay in canada, that you are really attached to the people living in your homecountry and will miss them dearly etc. If someone in your family or an aquaintenance has a business you can ask him/her to write a letter promising to join you to their business after studying.

Thanks for ur reply. Infact now i have recieved the letter of rejection and the reasons for rejections are. Travel history and not satisfied that you are a bonafide student....
Please do give an advise how can i remove those objections when applying second time.
I have not travelled before i am planning to visit dubai for 1 day
Also to attach letter from employer indicating my return after completion of course.
And a letter from my university dean that i am a bonafide student and also from my supervisor.
I do not own any property although my father do who is the sponser in my case

jwansaz

Jul 30, 2016
Hey, that letter and your letter of acceptance should be enough evidence you re a bonafide student.
Include the dubai visit in your letter of explanation with plane tickets as proof.
You can also book the flights to and from canada to prove u re financially able to return to ur homecountry. And yes, include your fathers property.

harishgunda

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hey, Anyone applied for the visa on 20th July? Which VFS?

My Profile: 10th 53%, 12th 49%, BCA 58% with 5 Backlog only in the first year. Scores gradually improved after the first year with no backlog. The topper of the class in the final semester.
IELTS: 6.5 with no band less than 6.

Applied for COMPUTER APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT at CONESTOGA COLLEGE.

I had applied ONLINE on MY OWN on June 27th and got a rejection on 15th July with the reason: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, the level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

I had not submitted my educational documents and financial summary cause it was not mentioned there.

Later I contacted my consultant (Canam, Bangalore) and explained my situation, they said that rejection was only for lack of documents and made me re-apply again with all the proper documents on 20th July at Bangalore VFS.

Now, I've linked my application to the same account for which I had applied earlier but no updates till now. Not even medicals passed.

I've booked my flight for 26th August a month ago. Will I get my visa decision before that?
I got the same reason as you got not really sure what i have to do now. Did you re applied visa again? if so please guide me what i have to do now.

harishgunda

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017

Also, if you own a house or land you would do well to send the relevant documents All that gives the officer a strong impression you re going back to pakistan.
Also you can write the purpose of visit in your letter of explanation and mention the fact that you didnt get your refusal letter.

Moreover, Its important to show the officer you can afford the uni fees by paying and then sending bank statement and your uni e-bill documents once the money arrives. Dont forget to add 10000 CAD at least over ur expenses (mentioned in cic).

In the IMM1294 form, in the section where they ask whether you were refused before. In the details box i wrote the date, UCl, and refused application number which i think is enough so i advise you to do the same.

Hope this helps...
What happened to your visa after you re applied?

itzsh113

Aug 27, 2018
Bangladesh
Hey, that letter and your letter of acceptance should be enough evidence you re a bonafide student.
Include the dubai visit in your letter of explanation with plane tickets as proof.
You can also book the flights to and from canada to prove u re financially able to return to ur homecountry. And yes, include your fathers property.
Have you got any update ?

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi Guys,
Need your Help. I applied online on 3rd July from Saudi Arabia for MEng course in U of Calgary for Jan 2019 Intake. Today I got a refusal letter from CIC, the following is the detail. Your Help is required, what to do now. Any idea.

""
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.""