+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit form Malaysia

Sherif1990

Apr 25, 2018
Hello

I applied for a study permit from Malaysia on 28th March. till Now the application is still in process.

Anyone here applying from Malaysia?

Please share your status

Thanks

triproton

Apr 29, 2018
Hello

I applied for a study permit from Malaysia on 28th March. till Now the application is still in process.

Anyone here applying from Malaysia?

Please share your status

Thanks
I applied from Singapore. I think the Singapore Visa Office covers applications from Malaysia.

Applied on 11 April. Approval received on 26 April. But I was informed by IRCC that the letter requesting passport will only be issued mid-June as the course will only start in September 2018.

Sherif1990

Apr 25, 2018
I applied from Singapore. I think the Singapore Visa Office covers applications from Malaysia.

Applied on 11 April. Approval received on 26 April. But I was informed by IRCC that the letter requesting passport will only be issued mid-June as the course will only start in September 2018.
Congratulations.
yes for Malaysian applications they usually go to the visa office in Singapore.

May I know your profile ?

I am applying for PhD program at Alberta Uni.

BTW are you Singaporean or other nationality?

triproton

Apr 29, 2018
Congratulations.
yes for Malaysian applications they usually go to the visa office in Singapore.

May I know your profile ?

I am applying for PhD program at Alberta Uni.

BTW are you Singaporean or other nationality?
Will be doing Software Engineering in Waterloo. I am Malaysian. Doing A-Levels.

Are you Malaysian also? Hopefully you will get your visa soon..

Sherif1990

Apr 25, 2018
Will be doing Software Engineering in Waterloo. I am Malaysian. Doing A-Levels.

Are you Malaysian also? Hopefully you will get your visa soon..
I am Egyptian applying from Malaysia.
Thanks a lot.

It is taking quite long time compared to the processing time (4 weeks) on CIC website. that is why I a bit worried.

Sherif1990

Apr 25, 2018
Did you do your medicals upfront?

When does your program start?
yes I did upfront medical exam

my profile is

medical exam pass
still reviewing eligibility
no need for an interview
still checking background
application in process

I will be starting in September 2018

triproton

Apr 29, 2018
yes I did upfront medical exam

my profile is

medical exam pass
still reviewing eligibility
no need for an interview
still checking background
application in process

I will be starting in September 2018

Don't worry too much. You still have loads of time. As you can see, my application was too early!! Although approved, IRCC will only request for the passport in mid-June.

4 weeks is probably for Malaysians in Malaysia applying. My profile said that background check is not required. So, I think more time is require for background check. Malaysians and Singaporeans probably have an easier time applying in Malaysia/Singapore.

Which area are u doing your PHD in? I was also admitted to UofA, but decided to go to Waterloo in the end.

Sherif1990

Apr 25, 2018
Don't worry too much. You still have loads of time. As you can see, my application was too early!! Although approved, IRCC will only request for the passport in mid-June.

4 weeks is probably for Malaysians in Malaysia applying. My profile said that background check is not required. So, I think more time is require for background check. Malaysians and Singaporeans probably have an easier time applying in Malaysia/Singapore.

Which area are u doing your PHD in? I was also admitted to UofA, but decided to go to Waterloo in the end.
ya, I think that could be the reason for the delay as my home country require a background check.

I will be doing my Ph.D. in Biological Sciences. I did my master here in Malaysia at UKM university.

Sherif1990

Apr 25, 2018

Thanks, I wish you best of luck.