+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension refused with false reason of insufficient fund

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
Hi Everyone,
I have a question, last month I applied for my study permit extension which is about to expire on 30 sept 2024, and this month 2 days ago I received a refusal with the incorrect reasons of insufficient funds and not working in Canada. But I do provide the documents of my bank balance and where they can see my funds coming from, also at that time my own balance was 10,000 cad I'm not sure how the IRCC officer found this amount insufficient, because I work part-time, yet they say in the letter that I'm not working.

Can anyone suggest what i need to care about while reapplying for the same? or any suggestion, please!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I have a question, last month I applied for my study permit extension which is about to expire on 30 sept 2024, and this month 2 days ago I received a refusal with the incorrect reasons of insufficient funds and not working in Canada. But I do provide the documents of my bank balance and where they can see my funds coming from, also at that time my own balance was 10,000 cad I'm not sure how the IRCC officer found this amount insufficient, because I work part-time, yet they say in the letter that I'm not working.

Can anyone suggest what i need to care about while reapplying for the same? or any suggestion, please!!
How many more months is your program? Have you paid tuition for the semester/year. If so, that is not enough money. With that $10k do you have enough for tuition and living expenses.

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
Hi I changed my clg last year and I already going to be in my third term, already paid the three semester fee I need one year of extension to complete my studies.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I changed my clg last year and I already going to be in my third term, already paid the three semester fee I need one year of extension to complete my studies.
So is this your last semester? If not how much is remaining tuition plus when does program finish? 10k is not a lot and current POF is $21k.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Likely need proof of over 20k due to increased savings requirement. If you are unable to work or can’t a find job you couldn’t survive on 10k.

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
So is this your last semester? If not how much is remaining tuition plus when does program finish? 10k is not a lot and current POF is $21k.
Oky, So, now I have to show 20k? I need to complete half of my studies i.e 10 courses from the 20 courses that will be going to cost approx 20k

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oky, So, now I have to show 20k? I need to complete half of my studies i.e 10 courses from the 20 courses that will be going to cost approx 20k
So you have finished half the program and have another $20k in tuition to pay or does the $20k include tuition and living expenses? $10k is not enough. You can only work 24 hours when during school so how will you pay for living expenses and tuition? IRCC wants you to show more money and the current minimum amount is $21k.

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
Likely need proof of over 20k due to increased savings requirement. If you are unable to work or can’t a find job you couldn’t survive on 10k.
Hi Thanks for the reply, yes I know, but as I mentioned I've also working part-time since last year and the officer can clearly see my payroll in my bank statement, but still, he mentioned without working!!! That's why I'm shocked! My Part-time job salary helps me pay my expenses and for fees, my family is paying.

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
So you have finished half the program and have another $20k in tuition to pay or does the $20k include tuition and living expenses? $10k is not enough. You can only work 24 hours when during school so how will you pay for living expenses and tuition? IRCC wants you to show more money and the current minimum amount is $21k.
Yes, my current balance is $21,000, but I also work and receive a biweekly wage as a part-time employee, which is sufficient to cover my personal costs. And I pay my fee every term wise, which varies depending on the available courses, and it usually costs me between $6000 and $9,000. I now have to pay the next fee for the forthcoming winter term, which begins in December. And, as previously stated, I have already paid for the autumn term, which will begin soon, so I still have plenty of money and can ask my family for more if necessary!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, my current balance is $21,000, but I also work and receive a biweekly wage as a part-time employee, which is sufficient to cover my personal costs. And I pay my fee every term wise, which varies depending on the available courses, and it usually costs me between $6000 and $9,000. I now have to pay the next fee for the forthcoming winter term, which begins in December. And, as previously stated, I have already paid for the autumn term, which will begin soon, so I still have plenty of money and can ask my family for more if necessary!
Confused because in first post you said you showed $10k but now your current balance is $21k. Wages are future income and don’t count as cash in the bank. So if future income/wages for part time work is “I still have plenty of money” then that is not counted.

Count up all your expenses for the remainder of your program plus outstanding tuition. That is what you should show. You show the funds without working. Your P-T work doesn’t count. Also you could lose your job tomorrow or quit.

You were refused for insufficient funds so you must increase funds without including future income. If parents have funds then include their bank statements.

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
Confused because in first post you said you showed $10k but now your current balance is $21k. Wages are future income and don’t count as cash in the bank. So if future income/wages for part time work is “I still have plenty of money” then that is not counted.

Count up all your expenses for the remainder of your program plus outstanding tuition. That is what you should show. You show the funds without working. Your P-T work doesn’t count. Also you could lose your job tomorrow or quit.

You were refused for insufficient funds so you must increase funds without including future income. If parents have funds then include their bank statements.
Hi, Okay now understand your point, and yes when I got refused that time I had a fund of 10k which is now 21k, and re-applying for the same, besides my statement are you saying that it's better to show my parents statement as well to the attachment documents??

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
and also, as the officer mentioned in the letter without a job, so is it better to justify that I'm working part-time?? because I'm confused if I should so they don't reject again and I just want to clarify my side of things!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
and also, as the officer mentioned in the letter without a job, so is it better to justify that I'm working part-time?? because I'm confused if I should so they don't reject again and I just want to clarify my side of things!
You have to show you have the funds for tuition and living expenses WITHOUT working. A job isn’t guaranteed nor is it money in the bank now. If you have $21k in the bank now and can show that tuition is paid then you may be okay. If you don’t then use parents funds but IRCC doesn’t have to consider them if over 22.

When does your study permit expire?

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
You have to show you have the funds for tuition and living expenses WITHOUT working. A job isn’t guaranteed nor is it money in the bank now. If you have $21k in the bank now and can show that tuition is paid then you may be okay. If you don’t then use parents funds but IRCC doesn’t have to consider them if over 22.

When does your study permit expire?
Hi, My study permit going to expire on sept 30, 2024, and my term going to start on sept 02. And yes im showing the fee reciept of paid onces including latest term!

user94531

Dec 2, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Hello, had you paid any tuition fee for the next year(coming year: 3rd and 4th terms) other than showing 10k funds?