+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension refused with false reason of insufficient fund

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
I had paid till my 3rd semester fee and 4rd will be pay bez it depends on available courses and professor. If I pay my all the fees it will be only reflex on my student account

user94531

Dec 2, 2023
I had paid till my 3rd semester fee and 4rd will be pay bez it depends on available courses and professor. If I pay my all the fees it will be only reflex on my student account
Did you show any other funds in equivalent CAD under parents' name or from your home country?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also clarify how you doubled your savings in such a short period of time. If you only paid one semester how much the 4th semester will cost will factor into whether you have enough funds. You need to subtract tuition remaining from your savings amount.

Chirpy3050

Jul 27, 2024
Hi Everyone,
I have a question, last month I applied for my study permit extension which is about to expire on 30 sept 2024, and this month 2 days ago I received a refusal with the incorrect reasons of insufficient funds and not working in Canada. But I do provide the documents of my bank balance and where they can see my funds coming from, also at that time my own balance was 10,000 cad I'm not sure how the IRCC officer found this amount insufficient, because I work part-time, yet they say in the letter that I'm not working.

Can anyone suggest what i need to care about while reapplying for the same? or any suggestion, please!!
What exactly was the reason? The insufficient proof of funds makes sense, but why would they mention "not working in Canada" as a reason? Can you clearly specify what was written in your refusal? Also, how long did it take for you to get a decision? I think depending on that, you could try again.

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
What exactly was the reason? The insufficient proof of funds makes sense, but why would they mention "not working in Canada" as a reason? Can you clearly specify what was written in your refusal? Also, how long did it take for you to get a decision? I think depending on that, you could try again.
"Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPR, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue." this is what they have mention in my refusal letter, they gave me two reasons, and for decision it almost 2 months.

Rinki_1

Jul 27, 2024
Would also clarify how you doubled your savings in such a short period of time. If you only paid one semester how much the 4th semester will cost will factor into whether you have enough funds. You need to subtract tuition remaining from your savings amount.
Obviously by family support I doubled the amount and explained everything & waiting for the result but I'm sure I will get approval it was refused with a false reason.