+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
Congrats!!! I agree. You should go ahead and apply, her permit should expire the same time as ur current SP so she will still have some time to continue working.. then you can apply for hers after.. she should get that same 180 day EXT letter to continue working..
Any Update on your application?You applied on march 12?

imhasa

Sep 25, 2024
Anyone here, who received the Correspondence Letter (biometric validation letter) on 20 September 2024 and still waiting for the Final decision?

Modial258

Sep 17, 2024
Hello guys ,
I received a letter yesterday requesting payment for my biometrics. As I mentioned earlier, I recently graduated and, since I am in Quebec, I am required to have a valid CAQ. My CAQ expired on August 31st, and I still haven't received my study permit extension. Will they issue me a study permit that extends beyond my CAQ, or will they process the expired study permit? I just need a valid study permit to apply for my PGWP and start working immediately.
I applied for a study permit extension on March 31st and received the biometrics payment request on October 1st, in case that information is helpful.

iman123

Oct 2, 2024
Hello guys ,
I received a letter yesterday requesting payment for my biometrics. As I mentioned earlier, I recently graduated and, since I am in Quebec, I am required to have a valid CAQ. My CAQ expired on August 31st, and I still haven't received my study permit extension. Will they issue me a study permit that extends beyond my CAQ, or will they process the expired study permit? I just need a valid study permit to apply for my PGWP and start working immediately.
I applied for a study permit extension on March 31st and received the biometrics payment request on October 1st, in case that information is helpful.
You need a valid CAQ to extend SP. But why they are asking for payment? Did they start processing your application?

iman123

Oct 2, 2024
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too but when I submitted my SP extension my CAQ was still valid , i thought I would get 90days extra ?
Normally they don't care the CAQ expiration. When I applied for SP , they didnot care my CAQ validity. I will suggest you to discuss with your university immigration adviser in this matter. However, did they start reviewing your application?

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Yes, I just checked, mine is approved. I can see the permit details but there's no approval letter.
I didn't get any email. But my spouse's application has not been approved, its still in progress.
An update on this.
After approval on Friday, I got the email next day (Saturday) for status change and received the approval letter. For spouse's application, her application was approved today late evening (No email, No approval letter). Would probably come tomorrow.
And I did apply for PGWP alone.
For reference,
Application - study + spouse ext
Applied - March 8

Reactions: JJ_Van

iman123

Oct 2, 2024
An update on this.
After approval on Friday, I got the email next day (Saturday) for status change and received the approval letter. For spouse's application, her application was approved today late evening (No email, No approval letter). Would probably come tomorrow.
For reference,
Applied - March 8
Which province

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
An update on this.
For reference,
Applied - March 8
oh that’s great congratulations to both of you and one thing more so the approval for your spouse’s application only in portal?like as you mentioned no approval letter yet?

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
thank you. Yes, the final decision has been made and the application is approved. Seems like an automated process, most likely will get the approval letter tomorrow alongwith the email.