+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Sysnco

Star Member
Apr 29, 2024
Hey I was curious to know is there any reason the processing times are going up so much every single week ? I’m talking about study permit extensions and study permit applications. They went from 60 days to 107 and from 12 weeks to 16 weeks I just don’t seem to understand.

imhasa

Sep 25, 2024
Hy guys... an update

Finally got my study permit approved... It was a ghost update.. I called IRCC today afternoon and just checked the portal now..

My timeline
Applied : 13th July
BVL and eligibility review : 6th sept
Approved : 25th Sept [ ghost update ]
What did they told you on the call the day you received Approval? I mean did they mention that you will receive it today or soon?

olamilekan33

Oct 1, 2024
Any update for June.
Sp extension + Sowp

Applied June 29
Mp said background check passed and eligibility has started but on the portal it shows background check still ongoing.

annonnmyous234

Sep 12, 2024
What did they told you on the call the day you received Approval? I mean did they mention that you will receive it today or soon?
I think that call worked.. because that day they put me on hold for long.. Though the agent only told me one thing that my file is still said to be in progress until the letter is sent out to me.... and also I received the original study permit today.. In it the issue date is 6th Sept the date I received BVL.... So I think that call worked for me

Reactions: imhasa

Ros96

Sep 18, 2024
I think that call worked.. because that day they put me on hold for long.. Though the agent only told me one thing that my file is still said to be in progress until the letter is sent out to me.... and also I received the original study permit today.. In it the issue date is 6th Sept the date I received BVL.... So I think that call worked for me
Congrats for your approval! just kindly question: what did you say in the call? like you just ask about your application?
?

ekwentaisrael

Sep 25, 2024
Congrats for your approval! just kindly question: what did you say in the call? like you just ask about your application?
?
The last time I called IRCC and ask why is my application taking too long time since July 20, she said she cannot have access to my file. Because she is not a Visa Officer. She asked me to keep on waiting.