+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

samo1

Sep 11, 2024
Hey guys,
So I submitted my study permit extension form on July 31,
I got my Student Permit Correspondence Letter September 16.
Under my application, it stated "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made".
Just curious, how long does it take for the final decision to be made after receiving such letter.
Thanks
In 3 to 5 days and btw did you have any updations while you waited or you just got the correspondence letter just like that?

kylee

Sep 16, 2024
In 3 to 5 days and btw did you have any updations while you waited or you just got the correspondence letter just like that?
No updates before the correspondence. It's so sad to see the timing go up so high, When I intiially applied, wait time was 56 days, as of today it is 96.
Have you also applied for extension?

samo1

Sep 11, 2024
No updates before the correspondence. It's so sad to see the timing go up so high, When I intiially applied, wait time was 56 days, as of today it is 96.
Have you also applied for extension?
Same tbh, I applied on July 5th no updates still. Just for study permit extension nothing else. It's been over 70 days now.

Modial258

Sep 17, 2024
Hello guys so basically i submitted my study permit extension on march the 31st i graduated in summer 1 , received my last grade on july the 22nd then I stopped working right away and i’m still waiting I heard that they would not give me a study permit 3 months after my last grade was submitted? If anyone has been in the same situation or knows more about it please let me know. I am extremely stressed because my job will probably terminate me any time soon if i dont get my extension .

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hello guys so basically i submitted my study permit extension on march the 31st i graduated in summer 1 , received my last grade on july the 22nd then I stopped working right away and i’m still waiting I heard that they would not give me a study permit 3 months after my last grade was submitted? If anyone has been in the same situation or knows more about it please let me know. I am extremely stressed because my job will probably terminate me any time soon if i dont get my extension .
Add 90 days to your expected graduation date. For instance, if it was July 31, you will get the extension until Oct 31st (most probably). Unless you are not enrolling into a new course. Nonetheless, submitted application has to be processed by the officer.

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
Add 90 days to your expected graduation date. For instance, if it was July 31, you will get the extension until Oct 31st (most probably). Unless you are not enrolling into a new course. Nonetheless, submitted application has to be processed by the officer.
i have same situation,i don’t think so it affect application unless we informed the ircc about out study completion maybe or they request enrollment of courses afterwards,mine graduation date is 16 aug i am also waiting for ext and waiting to apply for pgwp

samo1

Sep 11, 2024
So your current study permit expired right

Sep 12, 2024
Hey guys,
So I submitted my study permit extension form on July 31,
I got my Student Permit Correspondence Letter September 16.
Under my application, it stated "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made".
Just curious, how long does it take for the final decision to be made after receiving such letter.
Thanks
Please update it here when u get a decision because I too got my correspondence letter on 6th sept. But got nothing after that

Dec 16, 2021
Hey guys
I was applied for study Permit extension On August 1st and Yesterday i receive my Correspondance Letter And When i check my status On GC key portal Its Shows like this What does it mean.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Final decision - September 16, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Hey guys
I was applied for study Permit extension On August 1st and Yesterday i receive my Correspondance Letter And When i check my status On GC key portal Its Shows like this What does it mean.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Final decision - September 16, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Sounds like a decision is made and they just need to update the portal. You can try giving them a call and an agent should be able to tell you what that decision is

Sep 12, 2024
Sounds like a decision is made and they just need to update the portal. You can try giving them a call and an agent should be able to tell you what that decision is
Even I can see this
Latest update:
Final decision - September 6, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

But nothing after that

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Even I can see this
Latest update:
Final decision - September 6, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

But nothing after that
Same for you. Give them a call.. I had a similar situation on my initial study permit. When I called they were able to tell me what the decision was. But I had to wait for it to be updated on the portal.