+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
yea, were u able to confirm if we need to have the physical SP in hand to apply for the PGWP? or once approved on the portal we can go ahead and apply?

I already have my application package together, just waiting on the approvals to proceed. In the portal it does not ask you to upload a copy of your valid SP

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
yea, were u able to confirm if we need to have the physical SP in hand to apply for the PGWP? or once approved on the portal we can go ahead and apply?

I already have my application package together, just waiting on the approvals to proceed. In the portal it does not ask you to upload a copy of your valid SP
yeah, once approved, no need to wait for physical copy.

Reactions: ciano88

diwash98

Sep 14, 2024
I did a mistake I sent the documents but at first when I did upload there was no space to provide the explanation so I couldn't like I though there might be a way to type in the explanation so I couldn't so I used another web form to submit. I hope it wouldn't cause any issues.
UPDATE!! Spoke with my student advisor they said its okay if we dont include stamp page , ircc can track everything , and even though we sent out a form that would not affect , turns out there is nothing we can do but just wait for reply from ircc , hoping the processing time gets down this week on 16th , and we cannot file for another study permit extension while we have one processing

samo1

Sep 11, 2024
UPDATE!! Spoke with my student advisor they said its okay if we dont include stamp page , ircc can track everything , and even though we sent out a form that would not affect , turns out there is nothing we can do but just wait for reply from ircc , hoping the processing time gets down this week on 16th , and we cannot file for another study permit extension while we have one processing
Thank you so much for the update, now I'm a bit relieved tbh.

kylee

Sep 16, 2024
Hey guys,
So I submitted my study permit extension form on July 31,
I got my Student Permit Correspondence Letter September 16.
Under my application, it stated "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made".
Just curious, how long does it take for the final decision to be made after receiving such letter.
Thanks