+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

mooshiekins

Apr 7, 2024
Hi! I applied on August 20th and got my correspondence letter today. Do y'all think I can expect the decision soon?

I'm really stressed out because I changed my program from an engineering program to a business program but explained my situation and why I did the career change. Everything else should be completely fine but I am stressing so hard!

Reactions: ffsiirchubro

mooshiekins

Apr 7, 2024
Got a question for yall. As part of a study permit extension, do I need to explicitly prove that I was a full-time student the entire time? I figured that if they need proof of this, they would request for official transcripts? But otherwise, no such proof is necessary?
They need your letter of enrolment/letter of acceptance. That is all.

Akas_h59

Oct 10, 2024
Hi! I applied on August 20th and got my correspondence letter today. Do y'all think I can expect the decision soon?

I'm really stressed out because I changed my program from an engineering program to a business program but explained my situation and why I did the career change. Everything else should be completely fine but I am stressing so hard!
Are you a single applicant?

ffsiirchubro

Oct 16, 2024

Ur post gives me hope!! I have seen people that applied on August 18th, 19th and now 20th being approved (I applied on August 20th aswell!). I'm a single applicant too! Although my partner is studying here in Canada too, but his SP will expire in 2027 so he is fine!I will cross my fingers that my application will be looked into soon, as it is really a simple application I believe when they see it they will approve it, but till then, idk :(.this wait is so stressfull.

Karan03

Oct 16, 2024
Hey, i applied for study permit extension on 16th of Aug and on 21st aug i got a mail from my college that my DLI is incorrect so my consultant raised a webform about this and provided the correct one. Do you think there ie any issue regarding DLI ? And also if anyone applied the same day, please reply .
Thanks

mooshiekins

Apr 7, 2024
Ur post gives me hope!! I have seen people that applied on August 18th, 19th and now 20th being approved (I applied on August 20th aswell!). I'm a single applicant too! Although my partner is studying here in Canada too, but his SP will expire in 2027 so he is fine!I will cross my fingers that my application will be looked into soon, as it is really a simple application I believe when they see it they will approve it, but till then, idk :(.this wait is so stressfull.
Have you received a correspondence letter yet? I wish you the best of luck!!

dwrmdkll

Aug 27, 2024
Hello everyone, Its been a week since my study permit extension got approved but I have not recieved the physical permit in the mail yet. is this normal or should i contact IRCC about this?

mooshiekins

Apr 7, 2024
Hello everyone, Its been a week since my study permit extension got approved but I have not recieved the physical permit in the mail yet. is this normal or should i contact IRCC about this?
Pretty sure it can take up to 6 weeks. Genuinely though, for most applications, you can just show the approval screenshot and you should be good. If you're not applying for anything, just chill dw, it'll get there :)

dwrmdkll

Aug 27, 2024
Pretty sure it can take up to 6 weeks. Genuinely though, for most applications, you can just show the approval screenshot and you should be good. If you're not applying for anything, just chill dw, it'll get there :)
I was planning on travelling outside canada in January and need to apply for the TRV stamp on my passport, which I believe needs a copy of the actual permit. Most people who got approved recieved their new permits in the mail within a week so im a little concerned

mooshiekins

Apr 7, 2024
I was planning on travelling outside canada in January and need to apply for the TRV stamp on my passport, which I believe needs a copy of the actual permit. Most people who got approved recieved their new permits in the mail within a week so im a little concerned
Hi! Look at this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

As soon as we approve your application to extend your work or study permit, you can apply for your visitor visa (even before you get your new work or study permit in the mail).

However, you must provide proof that we approved your application, such as:

• a screenshot of the approval message we sent to your online account
  • your application number
  • any other document that proves you have a valid and approved study or work permit extension