+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

dwrmdkll

Aug 27, 2024
Its been about 55 days since I submitted my study permit extension application (solo application, no coop permit), last update was my biometrics being added to the profile a few days after submitting. do you think its worth emailing my MP? or is it too early for that.

My study permit expired on Sept 30 so im on maintained status and just anxious.

ciano88

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
It seems unreasonable. Did you get cl?
Nothing yet at all. I am really confused.

I called them, and they said no further information is needed for my application and everything there seems good. So all I can do is wait

ciano88

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Do I need a physical copy of SP extension approval for pgwp application?
No you don’t. Go ahead and apply. The PGWP application doesn’t ask for a copy of the physical permit. Once it's approved and you can see the details on the portal thats all you need.

Last edited:

JJ_Van

Jun 12, 2024
@Dilpi did you request work authorisation form maybe? I am still waiting, applied on March 22nd but on portal is listed received March 23rd

Bibhian

Sep 3, 2024
hi guys, the times i read here are crazy,
applied 12 may
ghost update 30 may
i called and made a note to officer 30 july
3 web forms till now!
till now nothing
i am really hurt as i stopped studying this semester as i was suuposed to start internship fall semester, now i am not doing anything.

sp extension plus coop work permit plus SOWP plus my son study permit extension ( years old) plus my son visitor record extension (2 years old)
at this rate, i will get my answer in december at least
the processing times in website are not correct at all !!!

anybody submitted in may please update
I’m in the same situation. I applied May 11. I already finished my program and can’t apply to PGWP. I stopped working (part time) last Sept 6. I have contacted MP, they said to them as my husband is still allowed to work, we will be fine. No problem for studying permit for my children (15 & 9 yrs) but it’s still nerve racking

Akashk

Aug 28, 2024
Not yet. Just saw the update with final decision, even have not received confirmation letter yet.
you will not get any confirmation letter. Just login to see your doc. It will have doc number and it’s expiry. Within a week they will send you the original permits. You are good to apply for PGWP.

Reactions: Nestal and Bibhian

Bibhian

Sep 3, 2024
today i called again ircc agent told me that if i am applying for pgwp on maintained status of study permit extension then if i get work authorization letter by ircc then i can start working also that’s exception to having a valid study permit while applied for study permit extension,i am so confused now i waited for so long due to the reason that i can’t start working if having maintained status of sp and now if i apply for pgwp
OMG there is no a single word in the IRCC website of what that agent told you. I’m scared you could make a mistake. They should give it to you written at least. And if it that would be okay. Then, it would be the solution for all of us that are in the same boat.