+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

annonnmyous234

Sep 12, 2024
Are you currently enrolled in studies,if you are currently doing studies or an enrolled student then yes you can continue work even after expiration of sin and study permit because you are on maintain status but if you already completed studies then you cannot work,and also regarding restoration,you don’t need to apply for restoration because you applied for extension before its expiry
I am enrolled in a new program

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
Does anyone know or have consulted about this: If we apply for pgwp on maintained status and after a couple of days the extension gets approved, can a person then can start working or would he still have to wait for pgwp to be approved.
pgwp processing is also longer these days 4 months may be.

Nestal

Aug 31, 2024
Are you currently enrolled in studies,if you are currently doing studies or an enrolled student then yes you can continue work even after expiration of sin and study permit because you are on maintain status but if you already completed studies then you cannot work,and also regarding restoration,you don’t need to apply for restoration because you applied for extension before its expiry
Yes, that’s the point. If you have a valid study permit and you apply PGWP, once you submit the application, you can work as full time. The valid study permit is the one of mandatory requirements. Another one is that you have graduated. Therefore, if you have graduated but haven’t received the renewal study permit, you cannot work even for part time. It’s a big bug.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I guess a lot of people are stuck in this. I know the mandatory requirements but I was also going through the website for maintained status while second application is submitting alongside. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html.
If PGWP is already filed on maintained status and when the extension application is approved, wouldn't the condition of valid study permit be met and restrictions be lifted.

Dilpi

Aug 17, 2024
I guess a lot of people are stuck in this. I know the mandatory requirements but I was also going through the website for maintained status while second application is submitting alongside. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html.
If PGWP is already filed on maintained status and when the extension application is approved, wouldn't the condition of valid study permit be met and restrictions be lifted.
yes it is so confusing,i talk to 4-5 agents only 2 of them said they we can’t work others told me that this might not be an issue but i am scared also that’s why i also did not start working

Ros96

Sep 18, 2024
Hi everyone, I submitted my application for student permit extension on May 31, 2024.

My student permit expired on July 29, 2024

- received confirmation of online application transmission on May 31, 2024
- received submission comfirmation on May 31, 2024
- Review of eligibility has not started (due to application being in process)
- I do not need to submit any biometrics
- haven't heard back from anyone or received any new updates.
Same here, Applied for Study extension and SOWP May 28, 2024.
Havent heard back either. My SP expired August 31st and I finished my program.