+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit approved, but MyCIC hasn't been updated

vancouverbr

Aug 24, 2015
Hi guys!

I applied for a student permit extension on June 12th and MyCIC account hasn't been updated since then.

I called CIC 2 weeks ago and they said that my application was approved, but MyCIC hasn't been updated and my permit hasn't been printed.

I've called CIC Call Centre more 3 times and they've said:
- it happens sometimes;
- they sent a message to the CIC office to solve my case;
- they don't know how long it's gonna take;
- they cannot give me any further information.

Has anyone had the same problem?

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
vancouverbr said:
Hi guys!

I applied for a student permit extension on June 12th and MyCIC account hasn't been updated since then.

I called CIC 2 weeks ago and they said that my application was approved, but MyCIC hasn't been updated and my permit hasn't been printed.

I've called CIC Call Centre more 3 times and they've said:
- it happens sometimes;
- they sent a message to the CIC office to solve my case;
- they don't know how long it's gonna take;
- they cannot give me any further information.

Has anyone had the same problem?
Hi vancouverbr!

I applied online from Canada on June 22nd and there has been no updates yet. I'm desperate cause I need my permit till August 31st... I called CIC a couple of times and the only thing they were able to tell me - they were (and still are) running some verifications on my application... I don't know what to do...
Based on your nickname I suggest you are from Vancouver, BC. Me too..

How may times did you call them?

ME_Julie

Aug 17, 2015
i have submitted my study permit extension on May 27th, but till now i have no result except for two updates emails and several automatic monthly email. in the July, i have two update notification ( not the automatic monthly one), but no changes in my CIC account. what do you mean by verification? does it indicate they will do some backgroud checks so our application is delayed?

vancouverbr

Aug 24, 2015
Hi Sestrenkapsixa and ME_Julie.

Yeah, I’m from Vancouver/BC.

I’ve called them 4 times.. After I’ve received the updating emails in July I called them the first time, and they told me that my application was approved (even though the MyCIC didn’t show the status as approved). The CIC attendant told me that it was a system error, and she would send a message to change the status and print my permit. However, since then my application is stuck, and every time I call them, they tell me that they already sent an email to the CIC office, and I have to wait for the permit.. First they told me it could take one or two weeks, now they tell me that my permit can be printed tomorrow or in 2 or 3 months, they don’t know..

If you haven’t received any answer so far, I would recommend call CIC and ask for your application situation.. Every time you receive an email update (except the monthly ones) it means that someone at CIC updated something in your application, even though we cannot see any update on the MyCIC website.

Let’s hope everything be solved soon.. I hope having news by next Friday..

Cheers.

ME_Julie

Aug 17, 2015
thanks so much! but now, i am back in my hometow, outside Canada. on Arriving Canada, i will contact them as soon as possible. By the way, I am in Vancouver, BC.

ME_Julie

Aug 17, 2015
Hi vancouverbr!

how many update letters have you received? i have received 2 updates emails, not the monthly one.

Aug 13, 2015
Hi

I applied for study permit extension on June 19. It is still not approved. I got two emails about update other than the automatic monthly notification emails. I called CIC last week and they said my application is still being processed and they will send an enquiry on my behalf to CIC. I am from Vancouver, BC and studying at UBC.

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
fingerscrossed07 said:
Hi

I applied for study permit extension on June 19. It is still not approved. I got two emails about update other than the automatic monthly notification emails. I called CIC last week and they said my application is still being processed and they will send an enquiry on my behalf to CIC. I am from Vancouver, BC and studying at UBC.
Same here.. I applied on June 22 inland, for a new study permit (not an extension). I got two updates (not automated once). Then I called 3 times - nothing... Today I called again and she told me she would send an inquiry to CIC but sometimes it takes them up to 3 month to reply.. Perfect, just perfect.
I need my study permit till August 31, who else has a close deadline, did you do anything? Did you try to call your learning institution?

Aug 13, 2015
sestrenkapsixa said:
Same here.. I applied on June 22 inland, for a new study permit (not an extension). I got two updates (not automated once). Then I called 3 times - nothing... Today I called again and she told me she would send an inquiry to CIC but sometimes it takes them up to 3 month to reply.. Perfect, just perfect.
I need my study permit till August 31, who else has a close deadline, did you do anything? Did you try to call your learning institution?
Hi
As such I don't have any institution deadline and my current study permit expires on Sept 30, 2015. On CIC website it is written that if you apply for extension before the expiry date of current permit then you can live under implied status till you hear back from CIC. I need my study permit urgently because I got an on-campus job offer of teaching assistant from Sept, 2015 to April, 2016. But they have not finalized my appointment because they need a valid study permit till April 2016 to process it. If I don't get my new permit before the classes start i.e. Sept 8, they might cancel my appointment.

ME_Julie

Aug 17, 2015
As far as I know, the applicants who wait longer time to process their study permit extension all get approved. By contrast, the applicants whose application is rejected get quick response. Is my perception correct?

Aug 13, 2015
Hi

Today I got another email from CIC about update. This is the 3rd email about update since I applied on June 19. Did anyone else also got 3rd update email?

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
fingerscrossed07 said:
Hi

Today I got another email from CIC about update. This is the 3rd email about update since I applied on June 19. Did anyone else also got 3rd update email?
Hi fingerscrossed07,

I got an update yesterday at 8 pm... I applied on June 22, but not for an extension, I applied for a new study permit. I think im gonna go crazy soon, I'm checking CIC every hour :'(

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
Does anybody know are these updates good or not really? what do they mean? That an agent looked at the profile and made some internal changes that applicants are unable to see?

Aug 13, 2015
sestrenkapsixa said:
Does anybody know are these updates good or not really? what do they mean? That an agent looked at the profile and made some internal changes that applicants are unable to see?
These updates are definitely good :D Be positive!
CIC approved my study permit extension application today. I got the approval letter on myCIC account.
My profile:
Applied for extension: June 19
Got 4 update emails in total - 2 emails in the month of July, 1 yesterday and 1 today
Processing time: 70 days
Province: BC

Good luck with your application!!

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
fingerscrossed07 said:
These updates are definitely good :D Be positive!
CIC approved my study permit extension application today. I got the approval letter on myCIC account.
My profile:
Applied for extension: June 19
Got 4 update emails in total - 2 emails in the month of July, 1 yesterday and 1 today
Processing time: 70 days
Province: BC

Good luck with your application!!
YEEEEY!!! Awesome, congratulations!
Well, that gives us, waiting people, some hope... Thank you for the update! It's good to know that CIC is moving forward in processing all of these applications :)