+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit approval after sending a webform

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
I applied for a study permit in June. Two days ago, I sent a webform to IRCC to change the program and university ( no confirmation email until now).

Almost 15 hours after sending the webform, I received the study permit approval. Is this approval for the new program or for the old one that I applied for a visa??

Georgita

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
I applied for a study permit in June. Two days ago, I sent a webform to IRCC to change the program and university ( no confirmation email until now).

Almost 15 hours after sending the webform, I received the study permit approval. Is this approval for the new program or for the old one that I applied for a visa??
What is your timeline? please share. have you sent biometrics and passed medicals?

I think you can see the university and the program in your account.

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
What is your timeline? please share. have you sent biometrics and passed medicals?

I think you can see the university and the program in your account.
I do not need a medical exam as I applied from Egypt, the biometrics section was updated after more than one month from the actual date.
I cannot see the university or the program in my account, where can I find them ??

submission: June 22, 2022
Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: June 23, 2022
Biometrics - July 31, 2022:Completed.
Medical Exam: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

Georgita

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
I do not need a medical exam as I applied from Egypt, the biometrics section was updated after more than one month from the actual date.
I cannot see the university or the program in my account, where can I find them ??

Medical Exam: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
you probably can see if new university and program is changed on your account in uploaded files.

Yehia_H

Sep 28, 2021
Category........
STUDY

Could I ask if you did use the new IRCC portal or GCkey for your application ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
There's no way for you to see which DLI you were approved for from your GCKey portal. The expiry date of your permit, as shown in your Letter of Introduction which IRCC will upload to your portal after issuing your counterfoil will give you an indication.

Judging by your timeline, I'd guess you were approved for your previous DLI. Don't be surprised if IRCC contacts you in a few weeks telling you they have seen your webform for change of DLI and would be cancelling your current SP to re-process your application based on your new LOA. It has happened before.

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
There's no way for you to see which DLI you were approved for from your GCKey portal. The expiry date of your permit, as shown in your Letter of Introduction which IRCC will upload to your portal after issuing your counterfoil will give you an indication.

Judging by your timeline, I'd guess you were approved for your previous DLI. Don't be surprised if IRCC contacts you in a few weeks telling you they have seen your webform for change of DLI and would be cancelling your current SP to re-process your application based on your new LOA. It has happened before.
Do you recommend waiting and not send the vfs my passport to add the visa until I know which DLI??
I recieved Correspondence Letter, is it the same of Introduction letter? And there is no any dates regarding the study permit validity in this letter.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Do you recommend waiting and not send the vfs my passport to add the visa until I know which DLI??
I recieved Correspondence Letter, is it the same of Introduction letter? And there is no any dates regarding the study permit validity in this letter.
You need to send your passport in for the visa to be stamped within the specified 30 days otherwise your application will be marked as rejected. You don't want a refusal on your record, especially after you have been approved.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Like I said in my previous post, your letter of introduction will be uploaded to your portal AFTER your visa is issued. That can only happen after you have sent them your passport.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
You should send your passport because if you don't do it within a 30 day period, your application will be rejected.

The Correspondence Letter you received is what people refer to in the forum as Passport Request Letter. Once you send your passport for stamping, you will receive a new Correspondence Letter which should be your Letter of Introduction. That's the document you should present at immigration at the port of entry to request your Study Permit. The Letter of Introduction should also have a Validity Date, which should be the date of the end of your studies + 90 days.

Once you see the Validity Date on your Letter of Introduction, you should know for which DLI they approved your application.

Reactions: AsmaaKF

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
You should send your passport because if you don't do it within a 30 day period, your application will be rejected.

The Correspondence Letter you received is what people refer to in the forum as Passport Request Letter. Once you send your passport for stamping, you will receive a new Correspondence Letter which should be your Letter of Introduction. That's the document you should present at immigration at the port of entry to request your Study Permit. The Letter of Introduction should also have a Validity Date, which should be the date of the end of your studies + 90 days.

Once you see the Validity Date on your Letter of Introduction, you should know for which DLI they approved your application.
Thank you so much, I will do that