+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application from Singapore/Malaysia

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Oh yea that is true, but not sure if it start from biometric submission or medical. Anyway just saw the processing time now is 98 days. :( That is 14weeks now.
Malaysia shows 78 days.

God damn, the words totally contradict the huge wait time stated above.

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
God damn, the words totally contradict the huge wait time stated above.
Sorry my bad lol I was looking at visitor visa accidently. It is still 12 week for study permit.

aaimy

Jul 18, 2022
Today my application started its review for eligibility. Did not get a email just logged in and the status changed.

Reactions: HS7

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Today my application started its review for eligibility. Did not get a email just logged in and the status changed.
Nice! At least there is progress.
Mine still stuck at background check but on 20 july I got a strange email, it was a standard auto-reply email for upfront medical that I submitted through webform on 31 may. The strange thing is that I had already received a auto-reply on 31 may. The only difference with this email is that is in french followed by english translation. The earlier one was opposite in english first.

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
My wife and Son received their PPR for SP on 27th July. Their Passport got stamped with VISA and is on its way back to our home.
However for me (SOWP) they did not even notice the medical information document attached or acknowledge the upfront medical done and have asked for a medical with a new IME number with wrong date of birth. When I checked with Singapore Clinic they said the next earliest appointment on only available on 15th Aug. Now that I have raised an webform to IRCC Singapore Visa Office on 29th July 2022 but no response or acknowledgement yet to correct their mistake. I'm just afraid if it will go unnoticed and my application will be stuck forever :-( any advise please...

Reactions: Scream5129 and HS7

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
My wife and Son received their PPR for SP on 27th July. Their Passport got stamped with VISA and is on its way back to our home.
However for me (SOWP) they did not even notice the medical information document attached or acknowledge the upfront medical done and have asked for a medical with a new IME number with wrong date of birth. When I checked with Singapore Clinic they said the next earliest appointment on only available on 15th Aug. Now that I have raised an webform to IRCC Singapore Visa Office on 29th July 2022 but no response or acknowledgement yet to correct their mistake. I'm just afraid if it will go unnoticed and my application will be stuck forever :-( any advise please...
I share your sentiments. I am also waiting for IRCC to update my application with a new DLI via a webform I sent in a month ago.
Until now there has been no updates.

Rather than enduring the neverending wait, I am thinking of forgoing the current application, but submit a NEW application instead.
You might consider doing that too. Of course you need to pay a 2nd application fee though. You might have to pay the clinic another fee to send the report for another IME number.

msian_app

Aug 18, 2022
Non SDS Study Permit Application.
Application submitted from Malaysia.
Application submitted for the September 2022 Term.

Application Submitted - 15 May 2022
Biometrics in-person appointment- 25 May 2022
Biometrics Done- 26 May 2022
Eligibility Review changed to read "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"- 22 July 2022 (possibly slightly before)
Request for Further Documents- 22 July 2022
Uploaded Further Documents- 3 Aug 2022
Request for Medical Exam- 4 Aug 2022
Passed Medical Exam- 11 Aug 2022

Passport Request - Not yet
EDIT: Got the PPR half a day after I posted this message!

Last edited:

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
I share your sentiments. I am also waiting for IRCC to update my application with a new DLI via a webform I sent in a month ago.
Until now there has been no updates.

Rather than enduring the neverending wait, I am thinking of forgoing the current application, but submit a NEW application instead.
You might consider doing that too. Of course you need to pay a 2nd application fee though. You might have to pay the clinic another fee to send the report for another IME number.
Hi Sihan, any update for you? I have raised 3 webforms and also sent 3 emails to Canadian Embassy in Singapore. So far no news. I could not submit another medical with new IME because they indicated my DOB wrongly in it and it will complicate my case. Hence awaiting for some good news by this week ...

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hi Sihan, any update for you? I have raised 3 webforms and also sent 3 emails to Canadian Embassy in Singapore. So far no news. I could not submit another medical with new IME because they indicated my DOB wrongly in it and it will complicate my case. Hence awaiting for some good news by this week ...
Hey thanks for asking. Just so happens, I received an approval from IRCC for my visa this morning.

However I cannot be certain that this approval is for my new DLI, although I have sent in 2 webforms previously and I wrote to the Singapore visa office twice, 1st time almost 2 months ago, the 2nd time was early this month.

I tried getting a virtual to call up IRCC office, but they have simply closed up their phone lines. No matter how many times you call, at what time of the day, when you request to speak to an agent, you will receive a system generated 'they are too busy to answer calls' message.

IRCC does not update your profile even if they have received new documentation from you.
I think the only way to be sure is for me to order GCMS notes. But ordering GCMS notes takes a few weeks in my experience.

Anybody who has any other way of knowing, please kindly let me know. Appreciate that~

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hey thanks for asking. Just so happens, I received an approval from IRCC for my visa this morning.

However I cannot be certain that this approval is for my new DLI, although I have sent in 2 webforms previously and I wrote to the Singapore visa office twice, 1st time almost 2 months ago, the 2nd time was early this month.

I tried getting a virtual to call up IRCC office, but they have simply closed up their phone lines. No matter how many times you call, at what time of the day, when you request to speak to an agent, you will receive a system generated 'they are too busy to answer calls' message.

IRCC does not update your profile even if they have received new documentation from you.
I think the only way to be sure is for me to order GCMS notes. But ordering GCMS notes takes a few weeks in my experience.

Anybody who has any other way of knowing, please kindly let me know. Appreciate that~
Congrats Sihan, happy for you. When was the 2nd time early this month you wrote to Singapore Visa Office and what is the email ID please?