+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application from Singapore/Malaysia

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Congrats Sihan, happy for you. When was the 2nd time early this month you wrote to Singapore Visa Office and what is the email ID please?
Please do not congratulate me yet, because I am not sure if this approval is for my new DLI.
If this is for my earlier DLI, then it is as good as useless.

I just sent in my order for GCMS notes.
Its going to be yet another long wait before I receive it.
Fingers crossed.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Congrats Sihan, happy for you. When was the 2nd time early this month you wrote to Singapore Visa Office and what is the email ID please?
By the way, it takes a full month for IRCC (according to them, btw) to receive or process any webform sent to them.
But you WILL NOT receive any form of notification even if they act on it.

So it could be an endless wait for you.
What visa are you applying for?

This is the webpage for the Singapore-Canada embassy though:
https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
By the way, it takes a full month for IRCC (according to them, btw) to receive or process any webform sent to them.
But you WILL NOT receive any form of notification even if they act on it.

So it could be an endless wait for you.
What visa are you applying for?

This is the webpage for the Singapore-Canada embassy though:
https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
Yes you are right, it is going to be 1 month by this 2nd Sep 2022 since i first raised my webform and received an acknowledgment email.
I understand it is going to be an endless wait.. the only comforting factor is that it is that my spouse will start class only by Jan 2023.. so I guess may have some time. I have applied for SOWP along with my spouse and kid student permit (they both got their visa approved and passport stamped).

Do you think i should be applying for GCMS notes now or wait till end Sep 2022.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Yes you are right, it is going to be 1 month by this 2nd Sep 2022 since i first raised my webform and received an acknowledgment email.
I understand it is going to be an endless wait.. the only comforting factor is that it is that my spouse will start class only by Jan 2023.. so I guess may have some time. I have applied for SOWP along with my spouse and kid student permit (they both got their visa approved and passport stamped).

Do you think i should be applying for GCMS notes now or wait till end Sep 2022.
I dun think you will receive an acknowledgement email if you submit a web form.
All you get is an acknowledgement page if I'm not wrong.
You do receive an acknowledgement reply if you send an email to the visa office.

Since your spouse is the one studying, then the crucial one is her study permit.
And since she has already received her approval, you dun have to worry too much. You can always apply again if somehow your current application is not successful.

I am getting GCMS notes because I am not sure what my current approval is for.
So I need to get that to double check.

I dun see any point for you to get yours since there hasnt been a decision made for your case yet.

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
You do receive an acknowledgement reply if you send an email to the visa office.

Since your spouse is the one studying, then the crucial one is her study permit.
And since she has already received her approval, you dun have to worry too much. You can always apply again if somehow your current application is not successful.

I dun see any point for you to get yours since there hasnt been a decision made for your case yet.
Ok thanks, lets wait and see for my application decision to be made.

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022

Yesterday something strange happend, When raising Webform, I saw ticker saying you've been selected to try our new webform, with new web form I got auto acknowledgement email right after submission and got an actual reply from agent maybe after 3 hours, This was first time I got reply from actual human, usually even ack email I get after one month, It still offering me new version I got link incase it helps someone.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v2

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Yesterday something strange happend, When raising Webform, I saw ticker saying you've been selected to try our new webform, with new web form I got auto acknowledgement email right after submission and got an actual reply from agent maybe after 3 hours, This was first time I got reply from actual human, usually even ack email I get after one month, It still offering me new version I got link incase it helps someone.

Thanks for the new info, that looks absolutely cool, I shall try this out right now !!

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022

Thank you guys, I did submit via this portal and received acknowledgement in the morning.
Now around 5PM Singapore Time, I logged in just to check .. no email notification came but status has changed to "Profile/Application updated" and that I have passed my medical dated 31st Aug 2022. Currently review of eligibility is going on... Hoping for good news soon.

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022
Thank you guys, I did submit via this portal and received acknowledgement in the morning.
Now around 5PM Singapore Time, I logged in just to check .. no email notification came but status has changed to "Profile/Application updated" and that I have passed my medical dated 31st Aug 2022. Currently review of eligibility is going on... Hoping for good news soon.
That's good news, yeah i noticed that in past as well when Medical or biometric updated you don't receive any email notification, for my case I did try to call them in morning but IVR keeps going in loop so dropped them email let's see how that goes.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
That's good news, yeah i noticed that in past as well when Medical or biometric updated you don't receive any email notification, for my case I did try to call them in morning but IVR keeps going in loop so dropped them email let's see how that goes.
Thats exactly the case for me !!
Over at my profile, it shows my visa approved, but there is no indication which DLI this approval is for, and there is absolutely no way for me to find out unless I order GCMS notes, which is not only stupid as fxxk but take ages to reach. I have no idea why can't IRCC make things a little more visible.

I have sent in the new webform, so I hope I can know for sure from IRCC side quickly rather than going through a few weeks wait.
Of course I also ordered GCMS notes in the meantime just to save time.

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022
Thats exactly the case for me !!
Over at my profile, it shows my visa approved, but there is no indication which DLI this approval is for, and there is absolutely no way for me to find out unless I order GCMS notes, which is not only stupid as fxxk but take ages to reach. I have no idea why can't IRCC make things a little more visible.

I have sent in the new webform, so I hope I can know for sure from IRCC side quickly rather than going through a few weeks wait.
Of course I also ordered GCMS notes in the meantime just to save time.
Anyone else having issue today login into IRCC?

accidenteleng

Star Member
Jul 30, 2022
Wow great, so you received PPR for both you and your spouse? Jan 2023 intake is it?
Yeah for both of us, So I sent them email in morning arround 8:30 because call was going on IVR loop, First reply I got them from arround 12 noon saying they're looking into this and thank for your patience, then arround 8pm got email for SP PPR and after 30 min for SOWP.

I kind noticed they're flagging certain words in webform which gets priority over queue of all forms.