+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students from India applying for September 2013 intake please post here.

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Ms.Mech...I completely agree..

BTW.. any idea about how long does a coll normally takes to give their decision on the acceptance? Ive applied for Humber..

Thanks,
Prathap

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
prathapg86 said:
Is that 20-30 days :eek: is like working/Business days?

Thanks,
Arun Prathap
Count that as working days.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ms.mech said:
Hi,

Got admitted in UNB for masters. Minimum courses to be completed are 10 i.e 30credit hours

I have query : Letter of acceptance states that typical time to complete masters is 12-24months and maximum of 48months.

So my PGWP will be of how much time after completion ?

1. Only 12 months. 30 credits stand for 1 year course but it's on you how long you take to finish it.

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys... The college has suggested me to apply through "OCAS"

"Internationals may apply online through OCAS (ontariocolleges.ca). If using this method all international documents must be assessed to a Canadian standard prior to submission to OCAS (see attached list of agencies)"

Could some one help me understand whats the difference between applying through OCAS and directly to the college???

And also as I have about 6.5 years of work experience. Ive asked them whether that can be an added advantage - So they told me apply for PLAR and has given a form to fill up and there is a service fee for that ???... Need some info on this too...

Appreciate your guidance guys :) ...

Thanks,
Prathap

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Application Process in Concordia is sooo tedious.

I sent them all the docs but today they sent me notification mail for Incomplete docs and mentioned that they have not received any of the 3 Reference letter and Attested Mark sheet/Degree/Transcripts.

I called them and they have confirmed that that's because my docs are not yet coded/attached/digitised to my application file and it will be done shortly.

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mayank_6 - Could you tell me what all the documents you submitted and was it notorized??

As Im enrolling for Advance Diploma I have to provide only the 10th and 12th Marksheets.. So no actual transcripts... Just o the TC's will that be enough...

As Im lil worried whether that will be enough or I should get any letter from the school...

Thanks in advance buddy...

Thanks,
Prathap

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
The Best option for you is directly call the University and confirm with them as they would be the best person to help you out as you are applying for Advanced Diploma Program.

I submitted my college Attested Degree, mark sheets, official Transcripts, Attested 12th passing Certificate and Mark sheet.

Attested means from your college/University ( not any Notarization or by Gazetted officer )

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mayank - Thanks for the info dude... But For 10th n 12th... from who I gotta get it attested??? From the school or the issuing authority... Because for 12th I did it JAmshedpur... :'( Do I need to go there and get it attested... I liv in Chennai now...

And all the college says is -

"1.International Application Form (www.international.humber.ca/application)
2.Application fee of $75 CAD (non-refundable)
3.One of the following certificates with a grade of 55 or above in required program subjects:
All India Senior School Certificated awarded by CBSE/ Indian School Certificate (awarded by CISCE)
Year 12 State Board Exams "

Thanks in advance...

Thanks,
Prathap

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ msmech can you please share your profile? And is that meng or masc acceptance at UBC?

ms.mech said:
Hey,

Got admitted in UNB for masters. Minimum courses to be completed are 10 i.e 30credit hours

I have query : Letter of acceptance states that typical time to complete masters is 12-24months and maximum of 48months.

So my PGWP will be of how much time after

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
prathapg86 said:
@ mayank - Thanks for the info dude... But For 10th n 12th... from who I gotta get it attested??? From the school or the issuing authority... Because for 12th I did it JAmshedpur... :'( Do I need to go there and get it attested... I liv in Chennai now...

And all the college says is -

"1.International Application Form (www.international.humber.ca/application)
2.Application fee of $75 CAD (non-refundable)
3.One of the following certificates with a grade of 55 or above in required program subjects:
All India Senior School Certificated awarded by CBSE/ Indian School Certificate (awarded by CISCE)
Year 12 State Board Exams "

Thanks in advance...

Thanks,
Prathap
As per my understanding, they don't accept outside attestation like Gazetted officer . I did it from my school only and only 12th Passing Certificate and Mark sheet. Better to confirm with University and raise your concern that you won't be able to go to your school again

Jan 23, 2013
i got refusal in SPP program in Canada before 1 year and right now i m going to apply for Student visa again in general category so is it right way to put student visa under general category

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sunny daruwala said:
i got refusal in SPP program in Canada before 1 year and right now i m going to apply for Student visa again in general category so is it right way to put student visa under general category

1. With one refusal in hand, 'General Category' is the only option left for you. SPP is a once in a life time opportunity!