+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa.... what about work?

thenormal

Nov 22, 2009
I am coming to calgary with a student visa, as i signed myself up to a 8-month english course there. I was wondering, what if during my stay there i wanted to get a job from a canadian employer? can it be done? also, what happens to my visa when the employer wants to hire me? what the procedure would be?

any suggestion is much welcome. thanks.

thenormal

Nov 22, 2009
kista said:
You can apply for off-campus work permit after 6 months of stay.
what do you mean by off-campus work? also.... what happens to my visa if an employer wants to gimme a chance? if i can apply for a job after 6 months of course, that means only 2 are remaining (course is 8 months long)....

thanks..

kista

Aug 24, 2009
you r always allowed to work on-campus that is u can do a job in ur uni related to ur studies. But for other jobs not related to ur studies (off-campus) u would need an off-campus work permit. You should see cic.gc.ca, info about off campus work permit is there.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kista said:
you r always allowed to work on-campus that is u can do a job in ur uni related to ur studies. But for other jobs not related to ur studies (off-campus) u would need an off-campus work permit. You should see cic.gc.ca, info about off campus work permit is there.
ESL course, non academic no chance for off-campus work permit.

PMM