+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after overstay

hellothereme

Mar 24, 2018
I want to apply for a student visa in 2 years time to come to Canada to study, I overstayed by around 1 month

Will this really effect my application? I'm from the UK.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I want to apply for a student visa in 2 years time to come to Canada to study, I overstayed by around 1 month

Will this really effect my application? I'm from the UK.
Potentially yes. An overstay shows a history of non-compliance with immigration law. This is a significant factor when assessing someone's suitability for a TRV.

Melbelle

Oct 30, 2018
Hi guys

I hope someone can guide me here. My situation is this:

I am a South African currently living in Brazil with PR status. My partner wants to apply for the Express Entry programme with me as secondary applicant. We have a daughter together (2 yrs). When I first arrived in Brazil, I intended on traveling around South America but that didn´t happen and instead I overstayed my tourist visa. After her birth I applied for PR based on having a Brazilian child, paid the fine and was issued with PR.

I`m not going to ask whether it would negatively affect our application, as I`m sure it will, but rather how negatively.....ie is it possible for us to be granted PR?

Any help/thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi guys

I hope someone can guide me here. My situation is this:

I am a South African currently living in Brazil with PR status. My partner wants to apply for the Express Entry programme with me as secondary applicant. We have a daughter together (2 yrs). When I first arrived in Brazil, I intended on traveling around South America but that didn´t happen and instead I overstayed my tourist visa. After her birth I applied for PR based on having a Brazilian child, paid the fine and was issued with PR.

I`m not going to ask whether it would negatively affect our application, as I`m sure it will, but rather how negatively.....ie is it possible for us to be granted PR?

Any help/thoughts/advice would be appreciated!
If you post in the Express entry section, you will probably get more replies.