+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in IP2 since October 30th, is this common?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Do you know if I could more details on my application using that eCAS thing? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

I tried but I get : "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

Maybe eCAS doesn't work with the Express Entry online applications?
I might be wrong but I heard that was the old platform to check the status of your application. Now we can access the same updates in MyCIC account.

You're on IP2 anyway, which is supposed to be the last check before PPR. If I were you I'll go with ordering the notes first.

Reactions: SuperMongoose

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I might be wrong but I heard that was the old platform to check the status of your application. Now we can access the same updates in MyCIC account.

You're on IP2 anyway, which is supposed to be the last check before PPR. If I were you I'll go with ordering the notes first.
I think I'll order the notes after all... Do you know what happens precisely between IP2 and PPR? (i.e. what do they check further?)

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I think I'll order the notes after all... Do you know what happens precisely between IP2 and PPR? (i.e. what do they check further?)
I think one of the sticky threads details the entire process, you might find more info there. In my understanding, IP2 is the LVO double-checking your documents and confirming the Officer's decision or not. Some applicants are also randomly chosen for security screening, which takes longer. But your AOR is till recent, I wouldn't worry about that yet.

Reactions: SuperMongoose

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I think one of the sticky threads details the entire process, you might find more info there. In my understanding, IP2 is the LVO double-checking your documents and confirming the Officer's decision or not. Some applicants are also randomly chosen for security screening, which takes longer. But your AOR is till recent, I wouldn't worry about that yet.
What gets me a bit worried is all these people waiting long times in IP2: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-outland-june-july-2017-aor-lets-connect-here.501372/page-171#post-6581008

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm stuck in IP2 since August 2...

Anyway, there are many cases of IP2 days from 2 to 90 days. Once you go beyond 90 days (like I did) it becomes uncommon.

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Follow my profile, I will do my best to let the universe know :p but it seems once you pass 90 days in IP2 it can go up to a year... easily, because it means they are sending you to deep security screening.

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Follow my profile, I will do my best to let the universe know :p but it seems once you pass 90 days in IP2 it can go up to a year... easily, because it means they are sending you to deep security screening.
Will do, thanks. I hope they won't do that long and deep security screening !

Annagh

Jan 27, 2018
Below is how my account looks like at the moment, it has not changed since October 30th; is this normal?
FSW, AoR September 21st, living in France.
=========
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am actually in the same situation maybe even worst cause I am in IP2 since Nov 2016 and I got accepted 9th of July 2016! and mine showing exactly the same and when I call they said its behind security background check. Pls update me if you got it cause no one seems knows anything about this not even CIC that when we are gonna receive it!

Annagh

Jan 27, 2018
Will do, thanks. I hope they won't do that long and deep security screening !
About my case that is similar to yours, they didn't say its under security screening it wanst even in any notes showing that I am in security screening and even when I called they said its just security background check! So if I were you would request the information and you will receive it within a month and then you can see whats happening with your case.

SuperMongoose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
About my case that is similar to yours, they didn't say its under security screening it wanst even in any notes showing that I am in security screening and even when I called they said its just security background check! So if I were you would request the information and you will receive it within a month and then you can see whats happening with your case.
Sorry for not updating my post, but I got my copr one month ago.

I wish I could say more, but I have no idea what works exactly behind the scenes, all I can do is empathize with your stress, and hope for the best, if I recall correctly, there is a way to call them to ask them about the case. This is what I had in mind after requesting my GCMS notes.