+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strike Action_Further Delay on PR

greenthumb

Jul 4, 2013
Hi Guys,
I just found on the CIC website,under the notice section here:
Notice – Strike Action
June 11, 2013 — The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.
Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.
Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.
Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Here is my timeline:
Category:BCPNP
Application received:Feb 28,2012
Medicial Exam Requested:April 27,2012(it was until Jan 2013 that I found out they had requested the exam on this date,and I never receive this request from them)
Emailed Inquiry on application status to CIC:Jan 2013
Medical Exam Requested:Jan 31,2013
Email Response from CIC-Ottawa:Feb 2013,confirmed app in process, provided case no.
Request Info Update & RPRF& Police Certificate:March 2013

That was about the last email communication I had with the Ottawa Pilot Processing office, and I sent 3 email inquires to follow up on the status, and ask whether the strike is going to cause further delay on the estimated processing time posted on the CIC website. But, I got no response at all.My work visa expires in March 2014. I'm afraid due to the current strike, there would be delays in any types of VISA related applications.I doubted if the CIC is going to resolve the strike by then. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me, perhaps could share your thoughts?

If the union workers have the right to go on strike,should we as the payer of the visa processing services also deserve the right to have a resonable explanation from the CIC? We are in an awkward situation that some of us have to struggle our own works and lives, wasting time to wait for something(the PR decisions,etc.) that may not necessarily lead to an approval?

Maybe,we can also start up our own pressure group and unite the PR applicants in this forum to demand the CIC to end this strike ASAP?

ubharat

Apr 14, 2013
You mentioned that they requested the medicals long ago but you noticed it late. How did you came to know that it was requested and did you get any intimation later about it?