+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
vsrao said:
lovepool4u2001 said:
Hi All,

1> Do we have to do PCC and FBI polive verification for Principal and dependent applicant as well or Principal is enough.
2> Is it really necessary to do state police verification. OR Has somebody was informed from AINP or CIC that it is madatory.
3> If yes question 2 then how much time does it take.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Thanks,
Garry.
1. Yes. you and your dependants may have to provide police certificates when you submit your application for permanent residence.

2. Yes it is mandatory for CIC

3. Go through the below links.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

ONly for People from INDIA
http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=205&partid=99&sub=sub4
The India PCC link is only for people who fall in the NY jurisdriction. You will have to find to which Consulate you will have to apply from http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/consultates.asp

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
divagirl said:
vsrao said:
lovepool4u2001 said:
Hi All,

1> Do we have to do PCC and FBI polive verification for Principal and dependent applicant as well or Principal is enough.
2> Is it really necessary to do state police verification. OR Has somebody was informed from AINP or CIC that it is madatory.
3> If yes question 2 then how much time does it take.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Thanks,
Garry.
1. Yes. you and your dependants may have to provide police certificates when you submit your application for permanent residence.

2. Yes it is mandatory for CIC

3. Go through the below links.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

ONly for People from INDIA
http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=205&partid=99&sub=sub4
The India PCC link is only for people who fall in the NY jurisdriction. You will have to find to which Consulate you will have to apply from http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/consultates.asp
Thanks for the update

ashok

Feb 18, 2009
HELP NEEDED

I forgot to notarize my documents ... my first application packet reached on 6th march '09

Please advise me procedure to send notarized documents. I do not have any identification number.

Shall i add a cover letter explaining the situation and my full name, email address would be enough to identify my application? I submitted a query but according to the posts in this forum, i might get reply after one month :(

Thanks
Ashok B.

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
ashok said:
HELP NEEDED

I forgot to notarize my documents ... my first application packet reached on 6th march '09

Please advise me procedure to send notarized documents. I do not have any identification number.

Shall i add a cover letter explaining the situation and my full name, email address would be enough to identify my application? I submitted a query but according to the posts in this forum, i might get reply after one month :(

Thanks
Ashok B.
Ashok,
I sent the application on 19th Feb but did not enclose notarized docs. I called the hotline and they asked me to send the documents & attach a sheet with my name. Since I felt that they would not be able to trace my file just with name, I attached a cover letter mentioning my name,reason for sending the docs again, enclosed copy of fedex receipt (to make it easier for them to track) & copy of the filled AINP form I sent earlier. The lady told me that as soon as they receive the notarized docs, they would file it with my forms. There is no way to find out though. hope this helps.

I

Indium-sulfide

I send my application on jan.8th, till now it is more than 2 months. Do you think I should call?

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
Indium-sulfide said:
I send my application on jan.8th, till now it is more than 2 months. Do you think I should call?
I think you should call on 18th.
I sent my app on Jan 16th still waiting. Can you please update as soon as you hear anything.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
alberta1978 said:
Indium-sulfide said:
I think you should call on 18th.
I sent my app on Jan 16th still waiting. Can you please update as soon as you hear anything.
If they said 40-60 days then wait for 40-60 business days.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Indium-sulfide said:
Got this in email today. This is for an inquiry which I sent more than 1 month back

"Once your application is received, the AINP office will send you a confirmation email with a file reference number, whereby they will process your AINP application. You can expect this to occur within 2-3 months. It will take a further 3-4 months for the AINP office to issue a positive nomination certificate."

My application was received under old process on Jan 22 at AINP office. This means a file number by March-April 22, and if lucky enough, a nomination by June-July 22.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I just got this in my Inbox, I thought you might be interested...

"....Due to the current economic climate, there has been a slight change in the criteria for the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category. The change is highlighted under the second point.

Below are the current criteria to be eligible under this stream.

A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta ;
A Candidate must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application ;
A Candidate must have a minimum of one year of work experience in the United States in one of the qualifying visa categories listed above; and,
The Candidate's current occupation must be on the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category.

If you have any additional questions, send an email to immigration.info@gov.ab.ca . To better serve you , please indicate H1B Webinar in the subject line. "

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Got the exact same mail just now... :)

ingegarcia said:

"....Due to the current economic climate, there has been a slight change in the criteria for the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category. The change is highlighted under the second point.

A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta ;
A Candidate must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application ;
A Candidate must have a minimum of one year of work experience in the United States in one of the qualifying visa categories listed above; and,
The Candidate's current occupation must be on the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category.

If you have any additional questions, send an email to immigration.info@gov.ab.ca . To better serve you , please indicate H1B Webinar in the subject line. "

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
divagirl said:
Got the exact same mail just now... :)

ingegarcia said:

When did your AINP application reached?

alabao

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
01-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
04-May-2012
Med's Request
18-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
28-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 21 Sep 2012 , visa issued on 18th sept 2012
LANDED..........
will do around summer of 2013
Hi All

Just wanted to share with you the following .. my h1b gets over 1st week of july 09 , I had sent my application by 28th Jan(reached alberta). Here is what I found out

#I need not stay on h1b till I get AINP as the rule is only application from Feb 19th 2009
#I need not stay in US even , only I have to inform Alberta office in writing and they will ask me to file from my country provided my nomination happens after the move to my country

So even if I will move slowly , I might make it finally no depending on my h1 ... I know this might only be useful to some of us but wanted to share the same.