+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

akk

Sep 2, 2008
>you should make your initial application to Buffalo as instructed by the AINP Office.

Maybe a better question is:
Do you know if we MUST apply from buffalo (at least the first stages of PR), or can we apply the whole process to PR from home country?

Right now, I am not confident to do any of the PR-CIC stages in US...., so I was wondring if I could apply to pr from my home country (or canada).

>For the second question... yes if you find a job in Canada you can continue your process in Buffalo... no >problem at all.. you do not need to transfer it to Canada..

But can I transfer to Canada? I don't want to depend on visas..

I am writing that because imagine if:
-i get pnp (so I spent around 7 months for that (since pre assess)),
- then I apply to PR here is us.
- get layoff for any reason, go back to my country since there is no other option,
- or find a job in canada, get the temporary permit and leave us to go to canada,
- weeks after that I need to come to us to an interview in buffalo
- then I go to the us consulate to get a us visa, and they deny it...so all the time and hopes are tossed away for a dawn visa...
That is what I am afraid of.

Akk

ingegarcia said:
Funny you asked this question... I sent an email to Alberta program asking is I could file my case in my home country (I have same fear regarding layoffs, extension)... this is what they told me

"So long as you inform the CIC Visa Office of where you are and how to contact you, then they can inform you of how your application will proceed.
The CIC Visa Office may choose to transfer your application from Buffalo to your home country; however, you should make your initial application to Buffalo as instructed by the AINP Office.
It should be noted that the Canadian visa office in your home country may take a little bit longer to process your permanent residence application, than if all your documentation were submitted to the Buffalo office."

For the second question... yes if you find a job in Canada you can continue your process in Buffalo... no problem at all.. you do not need to transfer it to Canada..

In any case I might be tempted to think that US would deny a tourist visa if you go out of the country on time, etc... and when you request the visa you show that you are just coming to stamp your PR..... but this is not the rule and when issuing visas they can deny it with no reason....

Good luck!

akk said:
After you get your PNP....
How long does it take to apply and receive the PR from CIC?
What happens if you apply from US, and then your visa expire and your employer do not want to extend it for you (crise reasons or whatever..)? Can you transfer your process to your home country?

Or how about that.. You are in the middle of cic process, you find a job in canada, you apply for temporary work visa and you get it. Can you transfer the cic process to Canada?

Just an explanation...Keep having the process in US is not an option..because without visa it will be not possible to come back, and I doubt that any consulate will give a tourist visa to someone that just went back to home country (or canada) after living years here (in us)....

Share your ideas, thanks,
Akk

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
Hi I had applied for pre-assessment via email on nov 24 2008 haven't heard back.I got the email confirmation one day after that.
I haven't put the NOC number ,but I did mention my work experience.
Is there anyone who applied near end of nov and have got pre-assessment approved ?

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Are we getting pre-assessment results via email ? or they are sending letters at home .

I

Indium-sulfide

Hi there,
does anyone know the cap to this category? Such as 10K or there is no cap for AINP ?

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I don't think that there is any cap for this program.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Hi I had applied for pre-assessment via email on nov 24 2008 haven't heard back.I got the email confirmation one day after that.
I haven't put the NOC number ,but I did mention my work experience.
Is there anyone who applied near end of nov and have got pre-assessment approved ?

Are we getting pre-assessment results via email ? or they are sending letters at home .

I

Indium-sulfide

I am later than you. I applied on Dec 15th and got a confirmation receipt the next day.
After you got the invitation, put a note here.

I

Indium-sulfide

Does anybody know that the money you pay for the SSN and med will go with you to Canada or you just forfeit them all?
I have paid these taxes for several years.

C

cchabert

In my personal opinion, your SSN will stay here in the US until you have the age to retire, but the amount will be almost nothing if you have only a few years on it, I don;t think you can call them and ask for that money because you leaving the country. But again THIS ONLY MT PERSONAL OPINION.

Peace.

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I have one question. BTW, I am so glad I found this forum and its going to be a great help to me.

Just like many others, I am frustrated with the GC process. However, I am not able to leave US for atleast another 2 years as my wife has two more years to go in the school in US. The question is that is it too early for me to apply in this program. If I apply right now and if everything gets through in lets say 1 year, Do I have any option available later to extend my arrival in Canada.

I appreciate you guys for running such a valuable forum and helping others. I will do the same whenever I can.

Thanks again,

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I have sent my docs in email.Can anyone let me know how they send the pre-assessment results ?In email or regular mail.
Also I have not scanned and sent the complete pay stub .I have just scanned the check underneath paystub.Is that going to make any difference.

Also I did not mention NOC code anywhere in the assessment docs.Do we have to mention it at this stage ?

All what I had sent is :
H1b approval doc.
Copy of passport
My educational certificates BS and MS.
Description of job
Application form.
For paystub I have sent the the void check that I get from emp .I have emp name written on it.

I had sent my docs on NOV 23.I got email reciept notice on NOV 24.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes you can process your PR to your home country but you have to send an email to Alberta AINP and ask them to send your nomination to the office in your home country... otherwise they'll send your papers to Buffalo and you'll need to do send your initial application to Buffalo.... if this happens you'll need to ask Buffalo to transfer your case to your home country which will take more time...

Also the only way you can go to Canada without PR is through a VISA... if you do not want visa then you'll need to wait for PR either in US or in your home country.

akk said:
>you should make your initial application to Buffalo as instructed by the AINP Office.

Maybe a better question is:
Do you know if we MUST apply from buffalo (at least the first stages of PR), or can we apply the whole process to PR from home country?

Right now, I am not confident to do any of the PR-CIC stages in US...., so I was wondring if I could apply to pr from my home country (or canada).

>For the second question... yes if you find a job in Canada you can continue your process in Buffalo... no >problem at all.. you do not need to transfer it to Canada..

But can I transfer to Canada? I don't want to depend on visas..

I am writing that because imagine if:
-i get pnp (so I spent around 7 months for that (since pre assess)),
- then I apply to PR here is us.
- get layoff for any reason, go back to my country since there is no other option,
- or find a job in canada, get the temporary permit and leave us to go to canada,
- weeks after that I need to come to us to an interview in buffalo
- then I go to the us consulate to get a us visa, and they deny it...so all the time and hopes are tossed away for a dawn visa...
That is what I am afraid of.

Akk

ingegarcia said:
Funny you asked this question... I sent an email to Alberta program asking is I could file my case in my home country (I have same fear regarding layoffs, extension)... this is what they told me

"So long as you inform the CIC Visa Office of where you are and how to contact you, then they can inform you of how your application will proceed.
The CIC Visa Office may choose to transfer your application from Buffalo to your home country; however, you should make your initial application to Buffalo as instructed by the AINP Office.
It should be noted that the Canadian visa office in your home country may take a little bit longer to process your permanent residence application, than if all your documentation were submitted to the Buffalo office."

For the second question... yes if you find a job in Canada you can continue your process in Buffalo... no problem at all.. you do not need to transfer it to Canada..

In any case I might be tempted to think that US would deny a tourist visa if you go out of the country on time, etc... and when you request the visa you show that you are just coming to stamp your PR..... but this is not the rule and when issuing visas they can deny it with no reason....

Good luck!

akk said:
After you get your PNP....
How long does it take to apply and receive the PR from CIC?
What happens if you apply from US, and then your visa expire and your employer do not want to extend it for you (crise reasons or whatever..)? Can you transfer your process to your home country?

Or how about that.. You are in the middle of cic process, you find a job in canada, you apply for temporary work visa and you get it. Can you transfer the cic process to Canada?

Just an explanation...Keep having the process in US is not an option..because without visa it will be not possible to come back, and I doubt that any consulate will give a tourist visa to someone that just went back to home country (or canada) after living years here (in us)....

Share your ideas, thanks,
Akk

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Regarding your pension (SSN money) you'll be able to claim it even in you are in your home country once you have 65... but laws between countries apply and for some of them you can't.
In any case the only way to can claim it is if you have been working in USA for at lest 10 years (half pension)... once you complete 20 years you'll received full pension... I strongly believe you can claim it if you are living in Canada....

Indium-sulfide said:
Does anybody know that the money you pay for the SSN and med will go with you to Canada or you just forfeit them all?
I have paid these taxes for several years.

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
hi ingegarcia

i read ur answer regarding application for PR from one's home country rather than US. My question is do i hve to apply in person in the buffloo office for CIC after i get nominated from alberta or I can send my application to buffloo office by mail. i hve recieved the application kit and i will apply it after chrismas.

Thanks for ur help and guidance in advance. May God Bless U all.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Unfortunately I can't give you a straight answer :(... I suggest to contact Alberta regarding your question...

aayaz said:
hi ingegarcia

i read ur answer regarding application for PR from one's home country rather than US. My question is do i hve to apply in person in the buffloo office for CIC after i get nominated from alberta or I can send my application to buffloo office by mail. i hve recieved the application kit and i will apply it after chrismas.

Thanks for ur help and guidance in advance. May God Bless U all.