+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toledoresident said:
Hello Everyone,

Could you please let me know the complete procedure you followed for FBI finger printing ?

Today I tried at local police station but they denied it saying that they no longer do it as there is a guidelines from FBI to get it done electronically only. I am also not sure whether downloadable form at FBI site (http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm) is appropriate for immigration purpose or not ? Your guidence is appreciated.

If someone can suggest any ohio agency would be great.

Thanks,
Hi Toledo,

Try finding local private agencies (typically passport service providers) who are authorized FBI finger printing agencies. They charge few bucks for form (you can order them for free from FBI, if you can wait) and around $ 10-15 for finger printing. Send that finger form with cover letter and credit card information as mentioned in the URL above in your post.
I got my FBI clearance in 2 weeks. Now I am waiting for police clearance from my home country.
Hope this helps.

Taps

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
thanks tap for fingerprining info, however today I went to college which is just 2 miles away from my home, they did it electronically @$30 / per per

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: File Number -Not recieved ..Alberta PNP

KrisR said:
Folks,

Thank you for your responses. I am going to wait for two weeks atlease before i call them ...

Nix1 ,did you get any response to the mail that you sent .

Thank you and God bless.
No file number and no e-mail response as of Friday 4PM Alberta time. Today marks two weeks since they received my package. I hope they will let me know something on Monday.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Re: File Number -Not recieved ..Alberta PNP

Mine took around 3 weeks.
Why you guys are so desperate for the number? It is just a file number, they will not work on your process for the next 2 or 3 months....
Just wait, everybody will receive answers.

Akk

nix1 said:
KrisR said:
Folks,

Thank you for your responses. I am going to wait for two weeks atlease before i call them ...

Nix1 ,did you get any response to the mail that you sent .

Thank you and God bless.
No file number and no e-mail response as of Friday 4PM Alberta time. Today marks two weeks since they received my package. I hope they will let me know something on Monday.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Just wanted to post my progress:

Sent the pre-assessment forms via email on October 3, 2008.
Got a reply back from Gingie on October 3, 2008.
Received the Invitation & application forms on November 15, 2008.
Sent the Invitation & accomplished forms on November 27, 2008.

I believe next step is to wait for the reference number (From reading thru the posts, this takes 1-3 weeks). Alongside, will have to wait for the AINP nomination. :)

Wish me luck.

:)

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
Dear all,
Quick question:
I am waiting for my nomination and I hope I will get it in January 2009, because as per my understanding and previous posting, it usually takes 40-60 days.

Should I start applying for Police Certificate or FBI certificate?

secondly I do have police certificate from my home country, but was issued in May 2008, I not left USA after that. it will be valid or should I have apply it again.

Please advice,
Thanks for all your help and support.

with your help impossible said it self I-M-Possible

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
aliz said:
Dear all,
Quick question:
I am waiting for my nomination and I hope I will get it in January 2009, because as per my understanding and previous posting, it usually takes 40-60 days.
Should I start applying for Police Certificate or FBI certificate?
secondly I do have police certificate from my home country, but was issued in May 2008, I not left USA after that. it will be valid or should I have apply it again.
Please advice,
Thanks for all your help and support.
with your help impossible said it self I-M-Possible
Hi Ali, I would say getting the FBI fingerprint done as it will take 4 weeks (max.). Somewhere someone mentioned CIC wants FBI and police report not later than 3 months old. You will be receiving nomination in Jan so FBI fingerprint will be valid until March, So you r good on that.
Regard to your Police report, there is a grey area. I am not sure what is your home country but the Police report I got from my country, it says Valid for 6 months so I'm going to void this 3 months period. I will submit the same police report as it mentioned 6 months validity unless CIC request.
You mentioned your police report was issued in May 2008, the validity of 6 months has expired anyway even you didn't leave the country.
Here is the part you want to call Buffalo and asked would they still able to accept the police report if you didn't leave the US? If not, then don't delay and get it ASAP.
Good Luck!

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
Thanks Findudue!
I am thinking about to get police certificate from my home country, because it will take some time to issue.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Re: Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP- FBI Fingerprint Card

Can anyone enlighten me what type of paper/card need to be used if I download the paper fingerprint card from online? Did anyone do this procedure or should I simply request fbi to mail the fingerprint card?
If so, what is the mailing address and does it require any fee besides $18?
Thanks!
On the other hand, Does anyone know any other approval after file n0. 0155. It has been more than week to hear some good news. Hopefully by the end of the week.
Happy Holiday.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Re: Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP- FBI Fingerprint Card

findude32 said:
Can anyone enlighten me what type of paper/card need to be used if I download the paper fingerprint card from online? Did anyone do this procedure or should I simply request fbi to mail the fingerprint card?
If so, what is the mailing address and does it require any fee besides $18?
Thanks!
On the other hand, Does anyone know any other approval after file n0. 0155. It has been more than week to hear some good news. Hopefully by the end of the week.
Happy Holiday.
Local police station might provide finger printing service. I called mine and they said they would
charge 5$.... all I will have to do is bring my driver license or passport for identification.

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Thanks to everyone sharing the info and this is really helpful understand the process..

After reading the few previous posts about Police Certificate/FBI and already 30 days completed after sending the AINP application (they mentioned 40-60 days for processing period), decided to post this query here to get more help on this.

1) Did anyone get Police certificate from India (home country).. If yes what is best method or process to follow?? I found in this forum as two methoed a) go there in person and get it (this requires travel and time consumption) b) is it possible to get it from Indian Embassy or consulate here??

2) Since living here on h1 for the 3 years, do i need to get Police Certificate in US also ?? or is the same one as FBI.

3) Little confused.. FBI is the separate process do we need to send irrespective of Police certificate from home country and present living country.

4) Actually after reading few pots in this forum, realized that made a mistake of mentioned the proff of funds as just $5,000
for a family (myself, wife and kid) in form which is sent along with AINP application. Is that that will give any negative impression to get Nomination certificate or i can able to correct it when i send CIC form..??

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just recieved an e-mail with the file reference number. It is 08-43x. I applied under NOC code 2171 and here is the timeline:

10/10/08 - E-mailed pre-assessment docs
10/17/08 - Received a confirmation e-mail
11/10/08 - Received an invitation to apply
11/24/08 - Mailed app package to the AINP
11/28/08 - AINP received the app. package
12/16/08 - Received the file reference number (08-43x)

Thank you all.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jpadz said:
December 2 - AINP Emailed File #- xxx-xxx-413
Looks like you have the file number that is 9 digits long. Is that true? My file nymber is just 6 digits (08-043x). Did they change the format of the file number or it is just people reporting it wrong?

I have seen people writing "employee file number" when we are not employee of Alberta (at least for now) and mine says, "file reference number". It does not say employee file number anywhere on the e-mail I have received. Am I missing something here?

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
nix1 said:
jpadz said:
December 2 - AINP Emailed File #- xxx-xxx-413
Looks like you have the file number that is 9 digits long. Is that true? My file nymber is just 6 digits (08-043x). Did they change the format of the file number or it is just people reporting it wrong?

I have seen people writing "employee file number" when we are not employee of Alberta (at least for now) and mine says, "file reference number". It does not say employee file number anywhere on the e-mail I have received. Am I missing something here?

Hi nix!
I am sorry for the wrong information. I mistyped it. It should appear xxxx-xx-0413, which means that it has a 10-digit file number. In the email, they also stated that its an employee file no. The same question popped out in my mind when I received the email because we are not employees of Alberta.
I believe they revised the letter if what you received is just a 6-digit file number.
Anyways, I don't think that is something to be worried about. I am pretty confident that the revision is for the betterment of the H1B Program.
So, sit back...relax...and enjoy a movie! :)

RagsIyer

Dec 10, 2008
@seljem

Yes, you can get the Police certificate from nearby indian consulate , contact them or check process in there website. For me it took 3-4 weeks to get certificate from them .

You need FBI check for PCC in US, get fingerprinting done and send them to FBI for verification.
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm