+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
nix1 said:
Need some help guys!

I learned that we filled out my wife's form (IMM 5406E-Additional Family Information) wrong. Her name was supposed to be as "Applicant" on that form, but we put my name as "Applicant" as we thought applicant = principle applicant. Rest of the information is correct as we listed her parents and sibling and she wrote everyone's name in her native language right below English. Now I need to send a corrected form and need to write a cover letter explaining this. I also need to update my IMM 5406E form as my brother got married recently (Marital status changed).

Is there a certain format I need to follow when writing a cover letter to the AINP?
Do I send these corrected forms by mail or e-mail (scan copies)? Thanks.
I feel you have to fill a new form (IMM 5406E-Additional Family Information) correctly and send it to CIC with a covering letter explaining the mistake happened. Since you do not have file number yet, mention your name, date of birth, date of mailing to CIC and date they received (if you have that tracking). They identify your packet with your name and date of birth.

about, IMM 5406E I don't think its so crucial as you filled the status when you shipped. later if it changes (and circumstances do change) it is beyond your control and they understand this. All that is required is, the data furnished should be exact when you applied.

These are my thoughts, however I am not a legal expert.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
Need some help guys!

I learned that we filled out my wife's form (IMM 5406E-Additional Family Information) wrong. Her name was supposed to be as "Applicant" on that form, but we put my name as "Applicant" as we thought applicant = principle applicant. Rest of the information is correct as we listed her parents and sibling and she wrote everyone's name in her native language right below English. Now I need to send a corrected form and need to write a cover letter explaining this. I also need to update my IMM 5406E form as my brother got married recently (Marital status changed).

Is there a certain format I need to follow when writing a cover letter to the AINP?
Do I send these corrected forms by mail or e-mail (scan copies)? Thanks.
OMG, We forgot to write all names in native language below names in English...

Should I wait to hear from CIC or I should send updated forms right away?

Thanks,
Taps

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dnataraj. So you are telling that I do not need to update anything with the AINP at the moment (even the incorrect filling of the form) and once I get the nomination from the AINP, send the corrected form along with a cover letter to CIC. I do have a file number from the AINP and waiting for the nomination.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tapak said:

Thanks,
Taps
Is that how you sent your forms to the AINP office at the first place? If that was the case, didn't they ask you to fill out the form again with native language before nominating you? Or may be they thought your native language was English.

About sending an updated form, I would do that if I were you, but wait to hear from experts.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
Tapak said:

Thanks,
Taps
Is that how you sent your forms to the AINP office at the first place? If that was the case, didn't they ask you to fill out the form again with native language before nominating you? Or may be they thought your native language was English.

About sending an updated form, I would do that if I were you, but wait to hear from experts.
Nix1, Thanks for your reply. Yes. That's how I sent my forms to AINP office - names just in English, w/o native language. Even if I send updated forms now, how do I confirm that they will be attached to my package sent few days ago?
Experts, please chip in your thoughts...
Thanks in advance

Nik

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Tapak,

If they have started on our application they will return it. But from your time line I guess, it has just reached them. so not to worry.

Send a new form (may be just that page) quoting your name and DOB. They will update it.

-dnataraj

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hmmm.. I missed writing out the names in native language too. But as this document is more for PR will this be grounds for them to return it? Any one got docs returned for issues with the PR docs?

dnataraj said:
Tapak,

If they have started on our application they will return it. But from your time line I guess, it has just reached them. so not to worry.

Send a new form (may be just that page) quoting your name and DOB. They will update it.

-dnataraj

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
Tapak,

-dnataraj
Dnataraj,

I just sent update forms, just two pages. Stroke of luck - my package sent on 30th Dec reads "Missent" status. The package has been rerouted after correct address identification. Hopefully, both the packages will reach in time :)

Thanks,

Taps

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Tapak said:
I just sent update forms, just two pages. Stroke of luck - my package sent on 30th Dec reads "Missent" status. The package has been rerouted after correct address identification. Hopefully, both the packages will reach in time :)

Thanks,

Taps
Luck favors the brave

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
toledoresident said:
hi seljem,

I did fingerprinting and got certificate within a week. I recommend you to do the same. In ohio we have a facility for electronic fingerprinting, I am not sure about your state.

I am attaching the link of the company in ohio for you to understand the process,

http://www.fastfingerprints.com/default.aspx?id=1&page=

I am not sure about the card procedure, could anyone please help him to understand the card procedure?
this is sooo helpful. thanks toledoresident.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
optimusprime said:
Just wanted to post my progress:

Sent the pre-assessment forms via email on October 3, 2008.
Got a reply back from Gingie on October 3, 2008.
Received the Invitation & application forms on November 15, 2008.
Sent the Invitation & accomplished forms on November 27, 2008.

I believe next step is to wait for the reference number (From reading thru the posts, this takes 1-3 weeks). Alongside, will have to wait for the AINP nomination. :)

Wish me luck.

:)
Updates to this one. I got my employee file number on December 17, 2008. My number ends in 0433.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
aliz said:
Question from the form?

What if current H1B Status will expire and due to economic condition, employee doesn't want to reapply for extension?
And at the same time I will be getting a job offer from Employee in Canada and offer to get work permit

Question is now Will it affect my Alberta PNP, because job offer I am getting is in Ontario? Not in Alberta

Will Alberta PNP will create problems after they will know that I am already in Canada and working in Ontario,

Will it jeopardize my Alberta PNP? Because they can deny and say that you already have job in ON, we have a doubt that you will not move to Alberta

Anyone any comments and suggestions????

Thanks for all your help and support
hello experts - aliz has a question on a previous post. just wanted to hear your thoughts and inputs on this as well. some h1b holders are on this same boat as aliz because of the us economy. some could be looking for job offers in canada at this point. is there an issue with doing this?

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
I want to apply as PNP via Alberta. I live and work as a Computer Network Administrator and Internet Supervisor in Nigeria. I guess I want to get nomination certificate via regular PNP. Is my Job experience qualify me under this category and I live in Nigeria, would that hurt me? I would like to file an application next month but the FSW stuff takes a decade which doesn't encourage me. Corruption must have killed me by then.