+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

qagirl

Oct 31, 2008
Hi,

I am new to this and would like some help from you all.

I am in very rough situation right now. I am currently on H1B visa and have been working in US for 3 yrs. 1 yr of OPT and 2yrs of H1B.

I am currently working but I heard my company is going to have lay offs and the severence isnt for that long. Basically, I'll have two weeks to find a job.

I was wondering is it good time for me to start applying for Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP. If so, can someone please tell me what steps I need to go through?

Thanks in advance.

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
1). In AB form, did u guys mention the exact salary the one is written in job offer letter or the one currently getting as the time passes and the salary has increased.

Answer is very simple my friend, you have to mention your exact current salary, not the one written in your job offer/letter, but the one you are currently making. It really not matter what you signed at the beginning of your job contract, but always current salary counts. And during the process you have to get the Job confirmation letters which verify/confirm your salary and occupation in the company. Please check the H1B letter which usually submit to USCIS for extension.

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
Hi qagirl,

Very sad to heard this news, but as you mentioned you have only two weeks to fine a job, and as my understanding is if you will lay off from your job, then you have 30 days to find another employer and transfer your H1B to your new employer, else your status will be void.

As far as Alberta PNP is concern its is specially designed for workers who are currently in the United States on temporary work visas (H1B, H1B1, H1C and E3). The applicant must have at least one year of work experience in the United States on one of these temporary work visas in an occupation that is listed as one of Alberta’s Regional Occupations under Pressure.

Check on this website:
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/oup/abouplist.shtml

A job offer is not needed to qualify. Alberta will nominate successful applicants for Canadian Permanent Residency, thereby fast-tracking the immigration process.

As per my knowledge and information, the process takes from 8 to 12 months.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
qagirl said:
Hi gagirl, I m sorry to hear tht ur job is in jeopardy. My humble opinion is to still apply as there is no fee. It will hurt nothing since you have already 3 yrs of experience. I wish u could apply a little early but still there is nothing wrong to take a chance.

Also thanks to aliz for giving ur opinion. Appreciate it

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey guys,

I just want to know if i have a pending application of FSW at Buffalo, can i transfer it to Alberta PNP (if i get a approval under the H1B scheme which i am expecting in another 2 months). If not what is the next thing to do?

Also i haven't filed for FSW but i have everything ready on hand. I am not sure if my H1b application is going to be approved because my position is of Management Analyst in USA (which is not on the under pressure list) but i perform most of the duties of a marketing manager (which is on the under pressure list) which i clearly mentioned in my cover letter.

So please advise me to apply or wait for the FSW. And if i decide to apply can i change the nature of application from FSW to PNP.

Thank You

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
I totally agree with Leon. First of all Canadian Government is not forcing any one to immigrate. One should realize that they are giving this privilege to people to immigrate and find a job of their liking. How many countries give this privilege.

Even those blame about Canada, why can't they go back to their home country if they feel they are not treated well? And most of the time those who are successful and happy do not blame and we don't see their stories on the web. It is human nature to complain when we are in bad shape. A simple calculation will show that every year thousands of people immigrate to Canada. Compared them what is is the percentage of those who are not successful?

Apart from job/salary I personally look for stability rather than uncertainty. If I have that and a good health care system and friendly people I do not mind doing any job.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
I agree with dnatraj and LEON. Guys stop complaining, and if you feel that canada is not the right place for you then donot apply to immigrate.

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
I totally agree with Leon, but this is my first time I saw such type of AD.

And I agree that Canadian Government is not forcing anyone!

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
Just read and feel interesting!!!!
CANADA LANDING EXPERIENCE - Current status in USA - EAD/AP/EXPIRED H1B VISA

I just wanted to share my Canada PR Landing experience here to all the folks who have applied for their Canadian PR as a back-up plan.

Just to recap, i got my Canada PR visa stamped in Nov'2007 and was valid until 20 August'2008.

However i delayed my landing process due to the fear factor and due to my current status in the USA - Expired h1/approved AP.

On 16 August'2007 i finally decided that i should complete the landing process as i had spent lot of money and time for the CA PR and also that i wanted to have this previlage which i had planned as a back up.

So i left for Buffalo,NY on the 18 August'2008.Reached there in the night,cheked into a hotel and on 19 August'2008,i drove across the Rainbow Bridge.At the Canadian side the procedure was simple and smooth and the CA Immg officers were very friendly and cordial.

Immigration officer asked me only the following questions:

Q1:Why are u landing just one day before the expiry of the CA PR Visa? - explained him that i had some family emergencies that kept me away from landing until today and he was convinced.
Q2:Why is your current USA Visa is expired? - for this i showed him my 485 receipts and also my approved AP Documents and he was fine with that.

Q3: Financial Statement ? - I showed him the bank statements.

Finally he made me and my wife to sign the COPR Document and he stapled it to our passports and shook hands and welcomed us to Canada.

I had to sign for my daughter.

He then directed us to customs,there we gave the goods to follow and goods accompanying list and they stamped it and gave us the copies.

Once we were done with this we straight away went to the local HRDC Center,applied for our SIN and we got our SIN Nos right away and they informed that they would mail us the sin cards to the Canada address we provided.

Then we went to Basic's store ( similar to our Staples/Officemax) to fax the PR Card request application form and started our return journey back to USA.

USA SIDE PROCESS:
We were tensed as we had only the expired visas in our passport and we had our approved AP and photocopies of our 485 Receipts.

We had to wait on the rainbow bridge as there were many cars lined up.finally my turn came and i went to the booth and gave our passports and AP documents.The guy at the booth asked us how long we were in Canada and the purpose of my visit to Canada....I just explained him that i was there in Ca just for 1 day and that i had to complete some landing formalities ( I did not use any words like PR etc )......Then the guy gave me a white slip and asked us to park our car and go to the second floor.....He just winked and told me that i must be aware of the procedures...

I parked my car and went to the second floor as asked...........here there were several people.......and we had to wait for almost 45 scary minutes................finally the officer called my name.............i felt difficult to stand and walk the few steps........i went to the officer.........and to my surprise....he gave us our passports and the stamped AP documents.....the stamp on the AP says: Admitted under parole until August'2009....though our AP's expire on 4 jan'2009.

There were no personal meeting with the US immigration folks or anything.........just they simply handed us our stamped passport with the I-94 Stapled and the stamped AP documents.

READ FROM http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18825&page=8

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
People are asking those question, pretty much frequently, therefore I am posting the documents which I sent!!!!

I sent the following documents:

Copies of Passport - Self and Spouse
Copies of my I-797's
Copies of convocation certificates [University Certificates] - Self and spouse.
Copies of Experience letters - Self
Copy of latest paystub - Self
Copies of my certifications
Original Invitation letter
Photos - 2 each with name and DOB in back.

I didn't send certified copies as it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the form.
Toughest part was providing the current description and profile. I sent a copy of my job/profile description that was provided by my company to USCIS for H-1B transfer. And I also provide my job duties on the simple piece of paper with my name on the top.

FYI, I applied number of jobs in Alberta as Sr. Business Analyst / Financial Manager just to have feel worth of my skill set and experience.

To my surprise, I got couple of responses. They have asked me to touch-base with them after I get my PR.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Guys:

I just received an invitation to apply for AINP (package in the mail w/ green adhesive label) after I sent my pre-assessment on Sept 22 - so roughly, take 5 weeks for pre-assessment to be approved.

It doesn't say it'll expire by 180 days though...

I'll keep you guys posted in the approval timeline.

I will send out my
bendjoe said:
Tapak said:
ingegarcia said:
My file number is XXXX-XX-0128 and I applied in August 22.

Rocking vibes said:
Hey Guys.....

Can someone please post the file/tracking no. for the Application..

I got mine on 19 Oct within two weeks of mailing of the forms with Tracking no. 0024X......Anybody with any other tracking number ? Please post so that we can relate to the dates....
I applied in first week of Sept and got the receipt # 0178 with date recvd. as 19th Sept. The message excerpt reads "..This is to confirm receipt of your AINP application on September 19, 2008. A decision on your application may be made in approximately 40 to 60 working days...."

I have two questions:
A. Does it mean that I can expect approval sometime between Nov and Jan? I would appreciate if someone could tell how much time it actually took them to get AINP approval.
B. If there is any document missing, how soon will AINP PMO ask for the missing documents and what is time frame to submit the same? within a month or two months of applying for PNP?

Thanks in advance,

Taps
Looking at the numbers seems like 50 applications between Aug 22 and Sep 19. 50 App in one month is that too many?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you land, you need to give an address to get your PR card mailed to and that takes 4-6 weeks to get. If you can arrange an address somehow, it's not a problem to leave again. There is no minimum time you have to stay in the beginning, only a residency requirement of at least 730 days in any 5 year period. If you went back to the US and decided not to go live in Canada, when you reach the point that you will not be able to make the 730 days in your first 5 year period, you would lose your PR:

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
dnataraj said:
Another point.

My Lawyer told me that if PNP comes through (IF IF) one can easily change the fed application (already submitted) to PNP. Looks like Buffalo office is good at it.
Dnatraj,
Which lawyer are you using for your Fed who told you that if you applied for Fed and if PNP comes you can easily change it to push it forward.

My lawyer told that i will have to withdraw the Fed application and file a PNP application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you can apply for the PNP certificate even if you have an FSW application but when you get to the point of applying for PR to CIC you need to cancel your FSW before you can send in your PNP because otherwise you will have two PR applications going with CIC.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi yrinaldy
As far as I know the expiration is set to the Provincial Nomination not to the pre-assessment. Once you are nominated you have roughly 6 months to apply to CIC or at least that is what it says in the Alberta website below

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/pnpcandidatefaq.html#13

BTW I haven't found anything rgarding expiration on the pre-assessment ...

yrinaldy said:
Guys:

I just received an invitation to apply for AINP (package in the mail w/ green adhesive label) after I sent my pre-assessment on Sept 22 - so roughly, take 5 weeks for pre-assessment to be approved.

It doesn't say it'll expire by 180 days though...

I'll keep you guys posted in the approval timeline.