+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
divagirl said:
tharkiftp said:
Indeed! It took no more than 3 minutes for me to get all the docs notarized. Notaries in US don't need your originals as they don't certify it as a true copy (you declare them true copies in their presence)

akk said:
Search some place else....don't waste your time with this person....I got docs notarized sooo easily.

Akk

Ambitious07 said:
Hi,

I am having a problem to Notarize my documents some from back home and few experience letters, h1B etc. from here USA. The authorized person said, I have to bring the company/college representative to verify documents then he will notarize. I don't understand this argument. Please anybody can advice me ?

I am really upset of this argument.
Thanks
Dont know about yours, but when I went to my local bank to get notarized my docs, they had to see the originals and then certify them as true copy. Also, the bank had to see the person before notarizing the passports. Try fedex or UPS store, they dont have such high demands but will charge you $2/doc to notarize.
hi Ambitious07 -

what state are you in. i am in ohio and i found it hard to get papers being notarized. here in ohio, ups stores do not do notarization (even when their site says they do).

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
bibo said:
if you guys just stop sending emails and calling AINP that will accelerate the process...
did you guys ever contact USCIS????
Just be patient, and let them do their work, you are opening their eyes on lots of stuff by asking questions.
And refer to older posts/senior members for questions.
I Totally agree with you...

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
optimusprime said:
divagirl said:
tharkiftp said:
Indeed! It took no more than 3 minutes for me to get all the docs notarized. Notaries in US don't need your originals as they don't certify it as a true copy (you declare them true copies in their presence)

akk said:
Search some place else....don't waste your time with this person....I got docs notarized sooo easily.

Akk

Ambitious07 said:
Hi,

I am having a problem to Notarize my documents some from back home and few experience letters, h1B etc. from here USA. The authorized person said, I have to bring the company/college representative to verify documents then he will notarize. I don't understand this argument. Please anybody can advice me ?

I am really upset of this argument.
Thanks
Dont know about yours, but when I went to my local bank to get notarized my docs, they had to see the originals and then certify them as true copy. Also, the bank had to see the person before notarizing the passports. Try fedex or UPS store, they dont have such high demands but will charge you $2/doc to notarize.
hi Ambitious07 -

what state are you in. i am in ohio and i found it hard to get papers being notarized. here in ohio, ups stores do not do notarization (even when their site says they do).
I'm in New York however I found somebody in my Office. He did for me and charge me only $8 for 25 docs.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Dear friends,

I've a very typical situation. I got my H1b Approved effect oct 1st 2008 so technically I haven't been working on h1 for a year but when I emailed Gingie if I can apply counting my OPT working time she emailed me back saying that I can count my opt work so that I can have atleast 1 yr. of work experience. now I've already received the file no. and waiting for the nomination I am getting little suspicious and worried. one of my friend attended Alberta presentation in Sanfrancisco when he asked about the 1 yr work experience rule they said its a big NO NO. One has to be working in h1b atleast for a year in order to qualify. so I am confused whether alberta will count my opt work experience or not. have anyone gone through similar situation. please help.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipen said:
Dear friends,

I've a very typical situation. I got my H1b Approved effect oct 1st 2008 so technically I haven't been working on h1 for a year but when I emailed Gingie if I can apply counting my OPT working time she emailed me back saying that I can count my opt work so that I can have atleast 1 yr. of work experience. now I've already received the file no. and waiting for the nomination I am getting little suspicious and worried. one of my friend attended Alberta presentation in Sanfrancisco when he asked about the 1 yr work experience rule they said its a big NO NO. One has to be working in h1b atleast for a year in order to qualify. so I am confused whether alberta will count my opt work experience or not. have anyone gone through similar situation. please help.
I have not gone through the similar situation, but if Gingie said you will be fine with OPT work exp and you already received your file number, I would not worry too much. They will send your nomination soon. On the other hand, if they say no, what can you do? You will have to wait until Oct 09 to apply again. In your case, the best thing to do is relax and wait and hope for the best.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Ambitious07 said:
HI all,

Plz anybody can provide me answers for AINP form 009 Questions 3,4 and 5 about Alberta.

Thanks
If you are really Ambitious, do some research before you apply. Your research will help you in answering these questions.

lovepool4u2001

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2009
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
Nomination.....
02-06-2010
AOR Received.
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
After going thru some of the recent posts I think we have 3 categories of application

1) With Preassesment
2) Without preassesment BEFORE Feb 19, 2009
3) Without preassesment AFTER Feb 19, 2009

and this is already causing too many confusions about the eligibility criteria and processing. I wonder how AINP is going to sort this. This may further delay the process.

I have applied under old rule and got my invitation letter on feb 10 and applied on 28 feb. Shall I have to maintain the H1b status. OR in other words will I have any effect of the decision which they made on feb 19th saying you should maintain your H1B.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
I do no think there are 3 categories.

There are 2 categories based on different processes for submission of application:
1. Pre-assessment
2. Direct application

IMO, the above 2 processes should not have any bearing on the new requirement of having H1B current at the time of decision. If the AINP 009 or AINP 003 form was mailed after 02/19, the new requirement applies, irrespective of pre-assessment or not.

Just my reasoning.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Hi,

Dont see any new updates on this forum since past 2 days, does it means Alberta is slowing down the application processing? Please update your status if you have any new updates.

Thanks

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Mods777 said:
Hi,

Dont see any new updates on this forum since past 2 days, does it means Alberta is slowing down the application processing? Please update your status if you have any new updates.

Thanks
Mods77: I got an email yesterday from AINP requesting to furnish additional documents. I sent my application on Feb 05 2009 under NEW process. Also there is another guy in this forum who also got the same query(he also applied under NEW process).

Hope you should also be receiving a confirmation very soon if applied during 1st week of Feb 2009.

Good Luck.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Thanks for the update :S its strange I applied in the second week of January under new process and still didn't recieve anything. Is there anybody who applied in Jan and recieved either a file # or confirmation.

Thanks

email2kale said:
Mods777 said:
Hi,

Thanks
Mods77: I got an email yesterday from AINP requesting to furnish additional documents. I sent my application on Feb 05 2009 under NEW process. Also there is another guy in this forum who also got the same query(he also applied under NEW process).

Hope you should also be receiving a confirmation very soon if applied during 1st week of Feb 2009.

Good Luck.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Mods777 said:
Thanks for the update :S its strange I applied in the second week of January under new process and still didn't recieve anything. Is there anybody who applied in Jan and recieved either a file # or confirmation.

Thanks

email2kale said:
Mods777 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Good Luck.
Then I think they might be satisfied with ur application and you might get confirmation of YES or NO status very soon(as mentioned 2months in their site for first confirmation). So, I hope you will hear soon from ALBERTA.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Alberta1978, myself and yet another person have sent around Jan 15th and have not rcvd any communication as yet. So I guess that our applications were fine (keeping our fingers crossed still).

Mods777 said:

Thanks

email2kale said:
Mods777 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Good Luck.