+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

status change - next steps?

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hello Friends,

I got my AOR on 9th Feb. What should be the next steps for me? Or do i need to wait until i receive further instructions from the CIO office?

I had a status change(birth of my child) in my application and already in formed the CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry office by email on 9th Feb which was provided in the AOR email. I have not yet received any reply from them. Is there anything else I need to do?

When do we need to get medicals done? Or shall we need to wait until CIC asks us to do so?

Also seniors from your experience, how much time it takes to get the PR once we receive AOR?

Thanks.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
americandesimd said:
Hello Friends,

I got my AOR on 9th Feb. What should be the next steps for me? Or do i need to wait until i receive further instructions from the CIO office?

I had a status change(birth of my child) in my application and already in formed the CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry office by email on 9th Feb which was provided in the AOR email. I have not yet received any reply from them. Is there anything else I need to do?

When do we need to get medicals done? Or shall we need to wait until CIC asks us to do so?

Also seniors from your experience, how much time it takes to get the PR once we receive AOR?

Thanks.
Hi,
just wait until you get the MR (you can do your medicals upfront though). In the meantime you may get a request form CIC to submit an additional document.
To answer your time frame question is really difficult because every case is different so are the processing times.

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hello Friends,

I had mailed CIO sydney office on Feb 9th 2015 for the status change in my application. But I have not received any acknowledgement from them yet.
I believe this is the only to inform about the status change. or is there any other option too?
Do the CIO office generally take so long? Have not got the request for MR too,
please share you experience and is this a concern?

Thanks.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
americandesimd said:
Hello Friends,

I had mailed CIO sydney office on Feb 9th 2015 for the status change in my application. But I have not received any acknowledgement from them yet.
I believe this is the only to inform about the status change. or is there any other option too?
Do the CIO office generally take so long? Have not got the request for MR too,
please share you experience and is this a concern?

Thanks.
Hi,
stop sending mail or emails to CIO Sydney. All the files are getting transferred to CPC Ottawa so if you want something, contact that office.
Mailing address:
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Email: CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Always mention in your mail or email:
Last name
First name
Date of birth
UCI
Application No.
Type of Application: (Canadian Experience Class – CEC)

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
nov1061 said:
Hi,
stop sending mail or emails to CIO Sydney. All the files are getting transferred to CPC Ottawa so if you want something, contact that office.
Mailing address:
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Email: CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Always mention in your mail or email:
Last name
First name
Date of birth
UCI
Application No.
Type of Application: (Canadian Experience Class – CEC)
Thanks for the updates.
CIC never sent any updates on this. In the AOR email they had mentioned the sydney office email. But I never got an acknowledgement.
sending an email to ottawa office now. Thanks again

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hello,

I received the email from CIC(CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca) for adding child to the application.
They have asked me to fill and scan the controlled documents.
Do I also need to send these documents by mail along with the photos and processing fees?
How much is the processing fees for a dependent child?
Where should I be sending the mail to? I will be using United States Postal service and will send using a certified mail.

Also wanted to know can if can I mail CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca for any queries I have wrt to above? are they proactive in responding and do they entertain such queries?

PS: I noticed error 404 for most pages for CEC. I think this is because they no longer process CEC now and with starting of express entry.

Thanks.

Nov 1, 2011
americandesimd said:
Hello,

I received the email from CIC(CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca) for adding child to the application.
Do I also need to send these documents by mail along with the photos and processing fees?
How much is the processing fees for a dependent child?
Where should I be sending the mail to? I will be using United States Postal service and will send using a certified mail.

Also wanted to know can if can I mail CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca for any queries I have wrt to above? are they proactive in responding and do they entertain such queries?

PS: I noticed error 404 for most pages for CEC. I think this is because they no longer process CEC now and with starting of express entry.

Thanks.
hey americandesi,

they would have sent you a kit with the documents to be filled up. just fill them up, send all the forms scanned , scanned copy of ur childs passport, scanned copy of childs birth cert to the e mail.
i also sent a hard copy of the documents and 5 photos to them via courier, but i guess you can just scan the photo too.

once you send them an email the ytake atleast a week to 10 days to reply to you.

surya1984in

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2014
Med's Request
02-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
19-Feb-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-15
LANDED..........
27-Jun-15
No need to send by mail. You can send the document through email to CPC-o.

americandesimd said:
Hello,

How much is the processing fees for a dependent child? 150 CAD

Also wanted to know can if can I mail CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca for any queries I have wrt to above? are they proactive in responding and do they entertain such queries? Yes you can. But, a reply is not assured always unless it has some very important questions related to the procecss or updates.

Thanks.

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
prashanthmanae said:
hey americandesi,

they would have sent you a kit with the documents to be filled up. just fill them up, send all the forms scanned , scanned copy of ur childs passport, scanned copy of childs birth cert to the e mail.
i also sent a hard copy of the documents and 5 photos to them via courier, but i guess you can just scan the photo too.

once you send them an email the ytake atleast a week to 10 days to reply to you.
Thanks Prashanth.
The kit I received did not have any attachments. It just mentioned the form numbers and description.
· A completed and signed IMM0008 Application for Permanent Residence in Canada;
· A completed and signed IMM5406 Additional Family Information*
· A completed and signed IMM5669 Schedule A*

Do we need to fill these all over again :) phew.....

Did you mail the processing fees demand draft?
What address did you use to send the mail.

Thanks.