+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stamps in the passport dated after the application

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I got an old passport and a new one ,,,,I have applied on April 2013 and have submitted all pages of both passport copied
at that time of the application , my new passport was empty and not having a single stamp. but after application I started travelling from time to time and my new passport got many stamps ,,,some are in English some not .
do you think it's necessary to translate them...they are not related to the claimed 1095 days in the application...and they have a copy of it,,when it was not stamped !!! do you think that an enty-exit report is enough ...I will be dealing with Saskatoon CIC

Thanks to all

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in theory No need, in practice, you are taking a big risk, assuming that the officer will be reasonable and understanding... that is a 50% chance... some people got RQ because the officer was too lazy to go through there passports, or hungry and waiting for his launch break! It might be cheaper/easier not to translate, but i am translating every single stamp just to be on the safe side...

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
I would get them translated with a certified translator. It is like buying an insurance policy. After your test, the immigration officer may ask for translation of the stamps he/she doesn't understand.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you go for your Test/Interview; make sure to have all the stamps translated by a 'Certified Translator'
If there are many stamps to investigate in foreign language; then the officer usually issues a RQ.

Good Luck!

Montrosco said:
I got an old passport and a new one ,,,,I have applied on April 2013 and have submitted all pages of both passport copied
at that time of the application , my new passport was empty and not having a single stamp. but after application I started travelling from time to time and my new passport got many stamps ,,,some are in English some not .
do you think it's necessary to translate them...they are not related to the claimed 1095 days in the application...and they have a copy of it,,when it was not stamped !!! do you think that an enty-exit report is enough ...I will be dealing with Saskatoon CIC

Thanks to all

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Thanks to everyone ,,,
that's provided that it was after application travels...I have traveled 2 month after the application and also one 9 month after the application .
I had no travel outside Canada before the application.

Thank you

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
all my travels was either before or after the application
I have no travel in between the relevant 1095 days ...

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I mean all my travels are either before becoming a permanent resident or after the application
I have no travel related to the relevant 1095 days period

Thank you

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are making perfect sense, I hear you, I agree with you.... But any stamp that is not English or French could be a reason for a Rq, regardless of the date....they could simply say we don't know what that date means, it could be a visa, a residency, whatever......you can easily save up on the translation charges and convince yourself that the officer will be reasonable, understanding, willing to listen to your explanations, whatever you fancy mate.....but the truth is......you are taking a big risk...is it worth it?! Let your common sense be the judge.....

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
and what about the VISA on the passport? ,,I have few of them ,,,do we have to translate them also

Thanks

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a new European visa in Spanish that I translated, anything that is not in English or French needs to be translated.

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I have 2 Saudi arabia visit visa ,,,but they got some English information like duration of stay, date and validity

L-Tosh

May 19, 2014
Anything (Visas, Stamps, Comments) on your passport(s) that are not FULLY written in English or French language, translate them, for you to be on the safer side! Forget that some are partially in English and don't make things more difficult for yourself!. Getting a RQ suggests that there's a problem already, implying that there's no official timeline to treat your file. Because of RQ (due to travelings), my application took 5 years and 4 months to be treated and completed!

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I have received the invitation for the test today ,30 June is the test date ...I will translate everything
Thank you for the advise