+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse with OCI card

kulminder

Jul 11, 2024
My spouse is Canadian Citizen and staying in India with me on OCI card. My PR of Canada is going to be over this year and I am unable to renew it for some reason. Will my days count towards Canadian PR while staying with my husband who is having OCI card and staying in India with me ? Kindly help

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My spouse is Canadian Citizen and staying in India with me on OCI card. My PR of Canada is going to be over this year and I am unable to renew it for some reason. Will my days count towards Canadian PR while staying with my husband who is having OCI card and staying in India with me ? Kindly help
Only if your spouse is employed in India and working for Canadian Armed forces, federal public administration or public service of a province.

kulminder

Jul 11, 2024
Only if your spouse is employed in India and working for Canadian Armed forces, federal public administration or public service of a province.
But it is written on their website - Either spouse is Canadian Citizen OR working for Canadian forces, Federal Public Administration

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
But it is written on their website - Either spouse is Canadian Citizen OR working for Canadian forces, Federal Public Administration
This being a citizenship forum I thought your question is about citizenship physical presence. For PR, @Seym provided link answers your query.

Reactions: Seym

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Also, OP should note that the official source above says that days outside Canada in that situation MAY count, which is quite different from WILL count.
I would contact Canada's High Commission in India or IRCC about the specifics of OP's situation before taking it for granted.